The Manchester United Thread

His agent Mendes has said in a statement just now that Mourinho will be at Utd till the end of the season. And rumours of an early exit are rubbish. Happy weekend Zzeezzy ;)

Quote from the Beeb: Via @danroan. Jorge Mendes on Mourinho: ““There’s been rumours of Jose Mourinho leaving Man Utd. It’s totally untrue. José is very happy at club + club is very happy with him. He has long-term contract with Man Utd + is fully committed to club in building solid winning project.”

Club is happy with him..... ****** business men run this club now and this is painful how far our club has fallen. We're ****** 8th with a minus goal difference and our bottle job board won't do **** about it. We've took 3 points from 12 in last 4 pl games, ridiculous.

How is it a long-term contract though? He only has 1 year left come the summer. Woodward probably giving him an extension, knowing that *****.

His agent Mendes has said in a statement just now that Mourinho will be at Utd till the end of the season. And rumours of an early exit are rubbish. Happy weekend Zzeezzy ;)

Quote from the Beeb: Via @danroan. Jorge Mendes on Mourinho: ““There’s been rumours of Jose Mourinho leaving Man Utd. It’s totally untrue. José is very happy at club + club is very happy with him. He has long-term contract with Man Utd + is fully committed to club in building solid winning project.”

Why not Pogba to Wolves as all Mendes guys going there. Saw just that Wolves will trigger Jimenez release clause of 38mil....
Power of Mendes, should be eradicated from the club.

Mendez is full of ****. You were supposed to be fighting City for the title and instead you're 18 points behind them in December and currently seem to be in a fight with Leicester for Europa League place.

Smh.

Mendez is full of ****. You were supposed to be fighting City for the title and instead you're 18 points behind them in December and currently seem to be in a fight with Leicester for Europa League place.

Smh.

Yeah thinking about it what else is he going to say really other than big up his client even though he is clearly doing a ***** job?

Regarding Jardim, I'm really not sure about this guy. Don't get me wrong he has a lot of the traits you would want as a typical United manager, but why would you have him over Zidane in this situation?

Yeah thinking about it what else is he going to say really other than big up his client even though he is clearly doing a ***** job?

Regarding Jardim, I'm really not sure about this guy. Don't get me wrong he has a lot of the traits you would want as a typical United manager, but why would you have him over Zidane in this situation?
The club have also just released a statement saying the same as Mendes. That they back him and are looking forward to the coming games and rest of the season. Seems he ain’t completely full of **** ;)

Simon Stoney and Bill Rice tweeted about it.

Man Utd are refusing to say if they knew Jorge Mendes' statement was coming out or not. But for them nothing has changed, club is continuing to back Jose Mourinho and is focussed on forthcoming games, this season.

To underline, there has been no contact between Man Utd and Tottenham over Pochettino Utd confirm.

47688773_579067682534549_3952899985829265408_n.png

United stock prices continue to fall.

U23s played Borough last night here’s the team-

Kovar, Warren, O'Connor, Poole, Williams, Whelan, Hamilton, Barlow, Chong, Bohui, Dearnley

Subs: Fojticek, Ercolani, Tanner, Gomes, Burkart

won 2-0 goals by Dearnley and Hamilton. Really good all round team performance. Back 4 solid O’Connor and Williams the standouts. Barlow dictated in midfield getting an assist. And Bohui and Dearnley lively with Chong just being a constant menace. Good to see Burkart back from a long injury. And Gomes from a niggle.

Goals: https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status/1071147383143178240?s=21

Last edited:
U18s vs Chelsea in the FA youth Cup.

At Aon Training Complex
Kick off at 11am (Saturday)
Live on MUTV

Hardest possible start! Chelsea have won it 5yrs in a row and have a team full of fantastic players.

View image on Twitter

Getring ahead of yourself again.

Although you also host Chelsea the FA Youth Cup, this ones the final group game to progress the knock-outs of the PL U18 Cup. Which only came into being last season. Chelsea did win the inaugural one of that too though.

Getring ahead of yourself again.

Although you also host Chelsea the FA Youth Cup, this ones the final group game to progress the knock-outs of the PL U18 Cup. Which only came into being last season. Chelsea did win the inaugural one of that too though.
Just makes you wonder what goes wrong there. So much talent I’ve seen there at youth level for years watching and following the youth systems. Winning cups after cups leagues etc. Never see any of them baring the odd exception.

F up youth policy that is ALL about profit. Why any kid/ parent would want to go Chelsea or City in particular is beyond me.

Gonna’ have to completely review and change their business plan with the new limited loan regulations about to cone in.

1-0 Utd. Been fantastic. Chelsea have been dominated in CM by our pressing. Greenwood has caused them all sorts of trouble. But Mellor gets the goal after closing Chelsea down playing out from the back. Intercepting the ball and slotted past the keeper. Just before the goal Greenwood had a delicious chip effort just float past the post.

Chelsea are crumbling under our press. And we are passing and moving superbly when they try. 2-0 DiShon Bernard scores against his old team mates with a great towering header. Good cross from a Levitt free kick.

3-0 Utd. Traore and McCann link up well in CM. McCann spreads it to Greenwood who dribbled down the line squares it to Brandon Williams who slots a great curling effort in the bottom corner.

3-0 HT. Fantastic performance. Chelsea not had a sniff. Could of been 4 Greenwood debatable offside. There CB could of been off going over the ball. Perfect half!

Last edited:
1-0 Utd. Been fantastic. Chelsea have been dominated in CM by our pressing. Greenwood has caused them all sorts of trouble. But Mellor gets the goal after closing Chelsea down playing out from the back. Intercepting the ball and slotted past the keeper. Just before the goal Greenwood had a delicious chip effort just float past the post.

Chelsea are crumbling under our press. And we are passing and moving superbly when they try. 2-0 DiShon Bernard scores against his old team mates with a great towering header. Good cross from a Levitt free kick.

I honestly think Greenwood could offer us a lot in first team, his movement and all round game really just looks better than Lukaku has shown all this season. I know it's ridiculous saying that as he is only like 17 (or something) but he genuinely looks like a baller.

If we had a manager like Poch or Jardim or whoever else, I think they'd be bringing some of these guys in right now. Chong, Gomez and Greenwood especially but we got a lot of good players who will never, ever get a chance under Mourinho.

I honestly think Greenwood could offer us a lot in first team, his movement and all round game really just looks better than Lukaku has shown all this season. I know it's ridiculous saying that as he is only like 17 (or something) but he genuinely looks like a baller.

If we had a manager like Poch or Jardim or whoever else, I think they'd be bringing some of these guys in right now. Chong, Gomez and Greenwood especially but we got a lot of good players who will never, ever get a chance under Mourinho.
Wouldnt rush Greenwood. The age is one thing. He’s only a slight lad and not close to finished growing. Butts right in saying they will not rush him. Gomes keeps getting in form and then getting injured. Similar growing problems to what Welbeck had just not as extreme. Hope Chong gets mins in the FA Cup. He’s been good this year but struggled at times. Been better in the youth CL tbh. Really hope him and Gomes get on the bench this season sometime even if it is in the cup.

Finished 3-0. Controlled second half went close a few times. Bernard’s goal has been given to Greenwood as he headed onto the back of his head which the deflection took it past the GK. He plays he scores :)

Here are the goals peeps: https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status/1071390674656862208?s=21

Special shout out today and this season to Puigmal. Atacking CM playing at RB like he’s been playing there for years. Never out of position. Gets stuck in the tackle. Can tell when he’s on the ball that he’s a midfielder. Composed and great passer in the build up play.

Also worth noting that Garner played CB today and was great. Even though he played there at youth level. He’s my top to break through from the u18s before any other. Dont be surprised to see either Barlow, Roshaun, O’Connor, Burkart breakthrough. Before the likes of Chong, Gomes etc.

Last edited:
Why is Mourinho waffling yesterday in press conference about Fred can't play because we need to get better defensively.... than today picks a midfield of Metic, Herrera and Lingard/Mata.

Just contradicts himself all the time this bloke, I could do a daily contradiction based on his comments alone. But for me it just sums up his mentality, I don't remember Klopp saying "I can't play Mane/Salah until I get Van Dijk". Or Pep saying "I can't play De Bruyne/Silva until I sign Laporte'.

Why is Mourinho waffling yesterday in press conference about Fred can't play because we need to get better defensively.... than today picks a midfield of Metic, Herrera and Lingard/Mata.

Just contradicts himself all the time this bloke, I could do a daily contradiction based on his comments alone. But for me it just sums up his mentality, I don't remember Klopp saying "I can't play Mane/Salah until I get Van Dijk". Or Pep saying "I can't play De Bruyne/Silva until I sign Laporte'.
no 1 gets it mate i find it best to just not give a **** till hes gone but that will not be any time soon

Back