The Manchester United Thread

Easiest game we'll have at OT this season, Fulham are bad and now I know why they are bottom of the league.

Hopefully get to see Fred in the second half now. We have not had to be great tbh but we have been good and pressed well today so far!

Hopefully get to see Fred in the second half now. We have not had to be great tbh but we have been good and pressed well today so far!

I agree but you just know this pressing and momentum we've built up from last couple of games will be gone when we play Liverpool. It will be back to park the bus and typical Mourinho, we'll lose then repeat the cycle again.

Rashford different gravy lately, 2 brilliant assists against Southampton to save us in that game. Then he played really well vs Arsenal I thought and today he has got another 2 assists and a goal.

Would keep Pogba sat on the bench till he sorts his shot out anyway! Can see the quality Dalot will bring. His attacking play is a different gravy. Will be a top player when he’s fully fit and settled. Him and Shaw on the FB positions will be great to see together.

Lukaku with another goal and slightly improved performance. Mata is just class and needs to play. Herrera needs to be first name on the sheet!

Agree with Zz Rashford top class today. His forms been good since the Saints game.

Oh yeah no surprise that Matic was good again today with a CM that will help his lack of mobility. His passing and positioning and reading of the game are still top.

Last edited:
I agree but you just know this pressing and momentum we've built up from last couple of games will be gone when we play Liverpool. It will be back to park the bus and typical Mourinho, we'll lose then repeat the cycle again.

Meh. It’s Anfield. De Gea will turn into Superman. AGAIN! Utd will scrawn a point. AGAIN! And yers all can forget how utterly ***** you are for a day at least.

You know the script.

Jose on Dalot: "Maybe other clubs wouldn’t sign him when he has knee surgery. We didn’t want to lose him and we signed him because we thought it could be resolved." #MUFC

Jose: "Pogba, Periera, Romero to start against Valencia."

Jose praised Matic and Herrera. Asked what @paulpogba has to do to get back into the team again: "He has to play with the same mentality that the team has been playing with. Paul can be a fantastic player. He has the potential to be a fantastic player."

And, Jose to @BBCMOTD: "“The players understand when we have 11 players sticking together we can be a much better team."

Did he really walk into his presser and start on the water?

‘Sake. Even in victory he manages to make yers a conplete laughing stock.

Hope the reports the last few days are true. About Herrera, Mata and Periera close to signing new deals.

I'll be shocked if Pereira signs a new contract, why would he after the way he has been handled this season? Told in the summer not to go out on on loan and then has got virtually no playing time whatsoever. If he does sign a new contract it can only be for money, not footballing reasons.

#MUWomen team to face Durham in today's match (kick-off 12:00 GMT):

Chamberlain; Smith, A.Turner, M. Turner, Greenwood (c); Zelem, Green, Toone; Hanson, Devlin, Arnot.

Subs: Ramsey, James, Harris, Hartley, Galton, Sigswoth, Palmer.

Durham just gone 1-0 up after a deflected set piece.

Lost 3-1. First loss in the league.

Last edited:
Just kind of wondering where we're heading as a club right now when Mourinho is using Pogba as his sacrificial lamb. Don't get me wrong he hasn't been good in his last few games but it's not fair to single him out, when Mourinho doesn't say a bad word about his favourites such as Matic.

I honestly just do not see where we are going right now, if the board is still behind Mourinho and they get rid of Pogba.... we will always wonder what could have been under a different manager. A world-cup winning midfielder and one of theist in Europe before he came to United, we're lead to believe that he is the reason for our problems.

You all know what I think of it, but come next season I believe Pogba will be gone. The way it's going it could be both him and Mourinho. It's one thing for a new manager to come in and build a style but to do it with some of our best players leaving is another thing.

If he puts the effort in and follows what the manager wants he will play it’s not rocket science. Ex Players and pundits criticising him the last few weeks are right. Doesn’t put in the effort. When he has the ball he tries to hard to beat everyone and hangs onto the ball to long. Then when he loses it or ends up on his *** after being tackled, he throws his arms and legs around in a hissy fit. ****** me off!

Blind made add a good point in a Dutch TV interview the other day. Spot on imo! Danny Blind: “He (Pogba) wants to shake off opponents by showing them his strength, a *double shoulder push before he turns with the ball. In the PL, all of his opponents are equally strong, physically. He just can't do it. Make him pass the ball direct and simply and use his quality.” #mufc [Mail]

Heard Giggs on BeInsports the other day - It was get the ball and move it on to a red shirt, then make a move to be able to receive it - not rocket science for Pogba to understand.

Hard to argue that you've been playing with more intensity since Pogba was dropped.

Back