The Manchester United Thread

I'd even throw Spurs in that bracket Scouse, they've been just as consistant as anyone over 2 years.

That’s a fair shout.

I think I was just about the only non-Utd fan that had them finishing top 4 this year in the pre-season predictions with Tottenham dipping out with Arsenal.

Yeah. I was WAY too generous there. And undersold that Tottenham consistency.

That’s a fair shout.

I think I was just about the only non-Utd fan that had them finishing top 4 this year in the pre-season predictions with Tottenham dipping out with Arsenal.

Yeah. I was WAY too generous there. And undersold that Tottenham consistency.

Had them also in top3 even. But glad one of my prediction hit the mark for now
18. Southampton - Hughes sacked before half season.

And there is time for this
6. United - Mou wont last until half a season.

Apparently Mourinho was sacked for Chelsea 17th December....... the date tomorrow is....... bottle job board won't act.

I don't what is worse, our performance today or people I see elsewhere backing Mourinho still. Honestly I think it would take him wearing a Liverpool jersey at this point for some people to ever think it's not his fault.

Apparently Mourinho was sacked for Chelsea 17th December....... the date tomorrow is....... bottle job board won't act.

I don't what is worse, our performance today or people I see elsewhere backing Mourinho still. Honestly I think it would take him wearing a Liverpool jersey at this point for some people to ever think it's not his fault.
Tbf, Chelsea were a point above relegation lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I gotta disagree here, they defended rather well. In the second half you were reduced to hail mary longshots.

I gotta disagree here, they defended rather well. In the second half you were reduced to hail mary longshots.

The exageration there aside, they improved their shape slightly second half but overall the tactics were abysmal. The 3 were deep, static and flat. Which just allowed our three to interchange as they do and switch, drop and pull them all over. No communication between the defence and midfield (F knows what Matic was doing?), and bar a short period after Utd scored they never got the WB’s working at all. Even with a 4 the second half they didn’t change much. Fellani helped but you could see de Gea getting visably more and more frustrated with the lack of pretty much anything in front of him second half on fromt of us.

The exageration there aside, they improved their shape slightly second half but overall the tactics were abysmal. The 3 were deep, static and flat. Which just allowed our three to interchange as they do and switch, drop and pull them all over. No communication between the defence and midfield (F knows what Matic was doing?), and bar a short period after Utd scored they never got the WB’s working at all. Even with a 4 the second half they didn’t change much. Fellani helped but you could see de Gea getting visably more and more frustrated with the lack of pretty much anything in front of him second half on fromt of us.
it does not matter what shape we play or who playes no 1 wants to play for him feel sorry for dave there is only so much he can do

It's much better when you don't allow it to annoy you :) This season doesn't count. August 2019 please

Agree with you Scouse, congratulations today by the way, fully deserved. But regarding the shape (or lack of at times), I have no idea what our midfielders were doing at times in that game. Players like Matic and Herrera just kept dropping back almost into our back line.... then wonder why players like Fabinho have so much space. I thought he totally ran that game today, but he was allowed to which was the most depressing thing.

But yeah, Matic has been awful for months, today he wasn't the worst which is worrying... Herrera looked just as clueless.

Ta z. Appreciated. Honestly never expected that. Just so used to Utd having the Indian sign over us. But then the last few years, culminating in todays carnage, you’ve been getting worse and worse with every visit. A far cry from Fergusons days huh when even the back end when talent dropped off and he started being derensive ar ours, at the very least Utd always compeated until the the final whistle.

If it’s any consolation man, as regards Fabinho, he’s been getting more and more dominant by the game the past month or so now he’s gotten upto speed with both the mad nature of PL footie and more so learning and getting down everything we ask of our midfielders. Crazy some of the early season narking, not least from many Reds, that he wasn’t playing and making an instant impact. Now hes starting to show the same dominance that made him so integral for Jardim at Monaco.

Your midfield was a non-existent **** show though like. Just no communication and absolutely zero leaders in that side at all. And then for him to roll out Fellani and leave Pogba the bench in Utd’s biggest game of the season ..... That might be what finally tips the boards hand. When rhings inevitably come to a head with Pogba.

Surely Utd won’t want to lose his markability alone for the sake of the manager?

Coulda played Ederson & Allisson in centre mid today and still dominated (Prob had more of the long shots on target as well) lol.

Coulda played Ederson & Allisson in centre mid today and still dominated (Prob had more of the long shots on target as well) lol.

Should do that January. Have both ‘keepers pop up half way taking each other on.

Completely F with everyones minds whilst Klopp amd Guardiola are P themselves ^5ing each other the bench.

I'd be disgusted if we spend any money on a defender this January and yet we won't pay the money on terminating Jose, Absolutely pointless making any signing in January now and especially under this clueless manager.

Got to say everything Neville and Keane said was pretty much spot on about the mess this board is and the state of it under them. It was so refreshing to hear two club legends talk like this and I sincerely hope it is a wake up call. But sadly I don't think it will be. Even Souness/Carragher was talking sense as well, must watch for any United fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv3k8gBZl_A

Casillas on twitter: “According to a Portuguese newspaper someone (Jose) said that a player like me is at the end of his career. Completely agree! My question for that newspaper: in the case of coaches, when and at what point do you see that they are no longer to lead a team or train?”

We've just been drawn PSG last 16 CL, that's us out then. Totally deserved a tough tie after how disgraceful we were in approaching last game of group and could of won the group got easier draw. Our last CL football for a while, make the most of these two legs.

Last edited:
So thats that for Mou. He's here till March. One can only hope in these dark days.

Back