The Manchester United Thread

We've just been drawn PSG last 16 CL, that's us out then. Totally deserved a tough tie after how disgraceful we were in approaching last game of group and could of won the group got easier draw. Our last CL football for a while, make the most of these two legs.

Wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Utd’s chances. ToD spent the group telling us PSG were nottin’ special. :)

God that was cruel of Sky haha. Neville looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but sat there after such a doing.

All bang on points though. You are like the L’pool you naturally used to mock through most of the PL era. Making the same repeated mistakes from top to bottom. The way Utd have fallen off a cliff and been left SO far behind SO quickly ..... it’s so like L’pool at the end of the arl First Division/ start the new PL it’s uncanny. Gonna’ take a LOT more than just binng him to sort turn this around.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Utd’s chamces. ToD spent the group telling us PSG were nottin’ special. :)

God that was cruel of Sky haha. Neville looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but sat there after such a doing.

All bang on points though. You are like the L’pool you naturally used to mick through most of the PL era. Making the same repeated mistakes from top to bottom. The way Utd have fallen off a cliff and been left SO far behind SO quickly ..... it’s so like L’pool at the end of the arl First Division/ start the new PL it’s uncanny. Gonna’ take a LOT more than just binng him to sort turn this around.

Be surprised how much a manager can change the state of a club. Literally every appointment has had a significant impact recently in PL top clubs. Mourinho had a title-winning side facing relegation the next season until he was sacked. Conte comes in and wins the PL, then it goes to **** again and they hire Sarri. They look totally transformed in terms of their style of play within a few months with the same dressing room of players mostly.

We are a shitshow top to bottom, but I firmly believe that Mourinho is the first problem that needs binning and should of been done before now. There is no style of play, biggest player sat on the bench and a ton of talent wasted.

At least my outright bet on PSG is guaranteed to live another day

You just watch, Jose will park the bus at OT with 10 people and win a 1-0 after own goal from Verrati.

You just watch, Jose will park the bus at OT with 10 people and win a 1-0 after own goal from Verrati.

Can't see it, even his luck has ran out now. If PSG score early, it's curtains lets be honest. Them having it at OT is a massive advantage first rather so they can capitalise on away goals. Get a nice lead and kill the tie.

United does have a decent backspine. Best GK in the world, couple competant defenders in Bailly and Smalling ( yes, Smalling, he knows how to defend at least. He might not be the first team material, but still good option to have as a backup). Seems like RB is sorted with Dalot, even though its still early. Shaw keeps improving and developing chemistry with Martial, who's good as anyone in the league, just lacks consistency with his decisions. And there's Pogba, who can be whatever he wants. And there's plenty of decent squad options like Rashford, Lingard, Fred, Herrera and Matic. Even Fellaini is decent weapon to have in some games.

Also young players look fantastic. Tuanzebe should be in first team next season. Gomez, Chong and Greenwood all look at the breaking point as well.

Just need few more players and proper strategy how to play football, doesnt ******* matter if its total football or parking the bus, stick to something and build team around the idea. With the right manager, in two years United can be back challenging for the league.

I'm all in for Jones/Smalling vs Neymar/Mbappe.

That ****** just got a new contract and is reportedly on more than £100k a week and will get a ******* testimonial! Don't get me wrong Jones is another level of *****, but Smalling is a liability as well in terms of injuries/consistency etc.

We're being run by a bunch of imbeciles!!!! I just checked the stats from four games at Anfield, three who are fighting against relegation: -

Liverpool vs Southampton - Liverpool had 12 shots.

Liverpool vs Cardiff - Liverpool had 19 shots

Liverpool vs Fulham - 21 shots

Liverpool vs United - 36 shots (with more on target as well than any of those above, 11 for reference).

-----------------------------------------------

At what level of ***** do this board need for them to actually make a change? My god.

I would say that shots made by opponent are more fault of midfield than defenders.

I would say that shots made by opponent are more fault of midfield than defenders.

Oh yeah, the whole team isn't functioning properly as a footballing team, that is only down to one man. Yes there is other problems at the club, but firs and foremost we're talking about the football on the pitch.

It is a message that needs repeating, because plenty disagree with it: This is not a bad group of players. It is not an ideal squad, of course, but then nor is Tottenham’s or Chelsea’s. Most of this squad have succeeded at Manchester United or elsewhere before joining them. Paul Pogba won the World Cup in the summer. Romelu Lukaku and Victor Lindelof excelled at the same tournament. Marcus Rashford is one of England’s brightest young lights. Eric Bailly, Nemanja Matic and Fred excelled enough at previous clubs to persuade Mourinho to part with more than £110m for them.

The squad was also good enough to win five of its first six matches last season to initially keep pace with Manchester City, and beat each of the top six in at least one league game in 2017/18. They have not all lost their ability.

But all of them succeeded outside a toxic environment and within a consistent system that helped them flourish. They are a group devoid of confidence, made miserable by their habitat. And the responsibility for that lies with the manager. If one or two key players were in abject form, it would be on them. If every member of the squad is, it suggests that the system itself is broken. Mourinho’s man-management has not worked. His constant tinkering with formations and personnel has not worked. His siege mentality has not worked. Nothing is working.

--------------------------

Taken from article from Daniel Storey, tell you what he's absolutely spot on once again.

This, the manager got backed, by and large, and he's not delivering. The only reason he's still here is because the United squad, bar perhaps Pogba (and he's not done it yet) is currently too profession to go full Chelsea on him. Because the heirarchy sure as **** havent got the spine for it

Not really that relevant. United had a model that worked, they just havent replaced the man that made it work: David Gill

It’d still of needed tweeking to evolve to keep pace in an ever evolving football World.

Thats one of Mourinho’s biggest managerial failings too. But thats on him and out of Utd or any other clubs control given his character.

If hierarchy had any spine, they would have told Mourinho to **** off the minute after he started campaigning for Van Gaal's job when LVG was still the manager. I wouldn't hire a person like that to guard a broom closet, let alone be a face of 2 billion operation.

If hierarchy had any spine, they would have told Mourinho to **** off the minute after he started campaigning for Van Gaal's job when LVG was still the manager. I wouldn't hire a person like that to guard a broom closet, let alone be a face of 2 billion operation.

At least Madrid board despite the ***** they are actually make the decision when it is needed in order to save a season.

Martial extension has been triggered.

Desperation at this point mate, triggering all these one-year extensions that was in their previous contract so they can't talk to foreign clubs in January.

Just says to me more than anything right now that we can't tie our best players down to contracts, I can't see that changing and with the way it's going..... the time to turn round and change their mind with new manager..... they won't have long enough. If we keep Mourinho until the summer, most of these players will only have 12 months left on contract at that point.

Back