The Manchester United Thread

Come on mate, he had to go, signing any player in January never usually works out anyway. Unless it is someone for the future then we shouldn't be making any big money signing. It wouldn't of made any difference even if we did under Mourinho.

I wasnt saying we should have kept him. I mean this appointing a temp till the end of the season ****. No point the board giving money to a temp manager and players wont want to sign knowing the manager will be going and no idea who is coming in.

I wasnt saying we should have kept him. I mean this appointing a temp till the end of the season ****. No point the board giving money to a temp manager and players wont want to sign knowing the manager will be going and no idea who is coming in.

What is the alternative? I'd rather the club make the right appointment in the summer and build some momentum now rather than any other option.

Won’t be Wenger BBC have reported. Hope the plan is for the interim to be a possible candidate for the full time gig. Will be another transition period. Can’t say Woodward isn’t ruthless.

Has to be one of Zidane, Jardim or Poch. And that talk the other day about Mitchell from Liepzig makes sense now.

Why would Zidane or Jardim take the job initially on a temp contract? Thats the problem. No manager worth their salt will want to come in as a stop gap with no guarantee's.

Why would Zidane or Jardim take the job initially on a temp contract? Thats the problem. No manager worth their salt will want to come in as a stop gap with no guarantee's.

We're hiring a caretaker manager only for now, the permanent manager will be appointed in the summer which will probably be one of those three.

Ogden saying it could be Ole or Blanc till the end of the season. Both being talked about. Would be ok with that. Then one of the 3 I mentioned to come in the summer.

Reckons will be announced in the next 48hrs.

I think it will be Blanc for now, not a huge fan but it's going to at least improve the relationship with players and he knows the club,

We're hiring a caretaker manager only for now, the permanent manager will be appointed in the summer which will probably be one of those three.

Why wait till the summer to get Zidane or Jardim and get a caretaker in when they are available now? Makes no sense at all. And who is the caretaker? Its got to be a manager of a certain level, and as I said, any manager worth their salt will not be coming in and used as a stop gap. So stuck ******* about and get one of he good available managers now, back them in January and see how we go. Then we have a good foundation for next season to build on with a new manager already 6 months into the job and moulding the team. Makes no sense at all to get a caretaker.

Would not take Blanc.
Think You will have Jardim as temp for starting and if things are okey with him then some good 5year contract.

In regards to January transfer, in which the main talk is adding a CB, I think any manager would love one of Koulibaly or Alderweireld tbf.

As for manager, I want Poch. Jardim 2nd. Think we need to go for a tactically modern coach to keep up. Would've loved Sarri or Tuchel but oh well

Ogden, Stone, Ducker, Jackson, Baldy, Wallace, Kay all saying its gonna be Ole bust most likely Blanc till the end of the season.

We wont get Koulibaly in Jan. Toby and Milenkovic would be my bet.

If it means we get Pochettino in the summer then I think it's the right move. But only time will tell when we know who the permanent manager is.

Why in the World would either of rhose 2 CH’s want no CL football and a carnage of a scenario on and off the park Rh when they could have their pick of the majority of CL sides?

Most players, bellends like Sanchez aside, are far more about the project and CL football now the money’s levelled out at the top end than purely lining their pockets to the highest bidder.

Utd’s standing has slipped massively when it comes to that top market of names.

Last edited:
Stone just tweeted: The says the new manager will understand the philosophy of the club, including its attacking traditions, and development of youth.

If it means we get Pochettino in the summer then I think it's the right move. But only time will tell when we know who the permanent manager is.

So lets say by some miracle a temp comes in and we get 4th, what then? Let them go and get Poch? Who has no guarantee of coming anyway. Or get somebody like Jardim now, back them in January and get the team playing his football over the next 5 months.

Also if we leave it till the summer, is Poch going to walk out on a good young Spurs team possibly with Champions League football and a new stadium, to Europa League, possibly out of Europe altogether, shambles of a club from top to bottom Man Utd?

Getting DOF and a new manager goes along way to writing a lot of wrongs at the club atm. BBC and Ogden and Ducker sayingvthe DOF will be announced before the new manager.

Pay Poch enough garentee to back him 100% he will leave Spurs. He’s a jumper has been throughout his career. Utd no matter what is still a huge club. Will jump at the chance if he’s promised backing. WhichbSpurs aren’t.

Last edited:
Back