The Manchester United Thread

With all due respect, without trying to sound snobby, we're still Manchester United. If we make a formal offer for any of those players, CL football guaranteed or not, you can bet anything you have that there'll be at least strong consideration on their behalf. I do understand the angle you're coming from, but I'm not sure everyone else will be willing to pay what would be, fee and/or wages. We did sign Pogba, Zlatan etc. without CL football, who had a lot bigger reputations and egos than the initially mentioned.

You sound SO much like the L’pool fans you happily (and naturally) mocked most of the PL era mate. Eerily similar. I know full well as I lived the same. The club name only goes so far the further and further removed you get from winning the major two trophies.

To be a Country mile off even thinking of challenging for them, as Utd are, just adds to that.

To have a play on what you used to readily throw our way, today’s players don’t live/ care about the past.

Perfect fit for both parties, if United sort their **** out before he comes.

United known for it's youth - Pochettino trusts, develops and plays youth.

United used to be known for exciting, high intensity football once upon a time - Pochettino provides that.

United usually acts with class & dignity - Pochettino does that also.

It would be a dream and I still think it will happen in the summer!

Get Ole in now to lift the mood and work with some of our attacking players! No other guy knows elusive movement and clinical finishing like him! Could do wonders for player like Lukaku.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I get the natural excitement and hope, but file that under ‘click bait.’

Nottin substantial that could have been ‘sourced’ from todays posts on here.

Whomever the DoF is to be ahould be the one leading that search for the new manager if Utd want to move into the current age and do this properly anyway. Not have a manager earmarked for the summer already.

True but Pochettino did have a very good chance earlier to flat out deny it and he didn't take that chance. For me he will either come to United or another top team will snag him, I'm not sure whether he would like Madrid though. He knows that despite our recent track record, they are so slimy when it comes to manager. He'll be gone within a month or two if they are not competing straight away at Madrid.

Here at United he'd get plenty of time, even if the results weren't coming, if we're going about things the right way United fans are very forgiving. This is where Mourinho went so very wrong.

What would be amazing about Poch is with the likes of Mason Greenwood, Angel Gomes & co. soon ready to break through, there's no better man to nourish them.

Would also be on board with this ruthlessness;

[FONT=&quot]United are understood to be preparing an offer for Pochettino and his entire first-team coaching staff, but must first reach an agreement with Tottenham. [/FONT]#mufc[FONT=&quot] [Times][/FONT]

What would be amazing about Poch is with the likes of Mason Greenwood, Angel Gomes & co. soon ready to break through, there's no better man to nourish them.

Would also be on board with this ruthlessness;

United are understood to be preparing an offer for Pochettino and his entire first-team coaching staff, but must first reach an agreement with Tottenham. #mufc [Times]

Spot on mate, that can't be for now though surely? I'm assuming they mean the summer.

He never has denied runours z. He’s happily allowed the Madrid/ Barcelona links to stay out there for the past few years.

As ToD aluded to, he’s a player who looks to keep all options open as he moves from club to club up the football food chain. Presumably with the plan to end up back in Spain at one of the big two to top it off.

Last edited:
Cardiff was a poisoned chalice and in truth I think Solskjaer knew he took it too early in his management career. However I do think that he still had a decent win rate for a team like that around 30% if I remember rightly. They wasted their budget on dross and the squad was pretty woeful.

I just think he fits United much better, as an interim there isn't much to lose, the season is a write off anyway unless a miracle happens.

For how much Scouse is writing in this thread, one would say he's concerned United will be back on track sooner rather than later.

United becomes available less frequently??! Clearly Poch not paying attention.

I think united needs someone a la Hiddink at Chelsea.
Experienced people manager to just take the interim job and happy to leave after the season has ended.

#mufc are looking like they will hire Paul Mitchell (RB Leipzig head of recruitment and development) as the club's Sporting Director. It is unclear where Mourinho will fit into the new setup #mulive
Looks like it's very clear where he fits now

Oh god the media will have have their clicks full of stuff with united and soon with transfer window.

Also these Poch articles are too much. "Considering, thinking, not told down from offer..." (I think it has been just long time from transfer window as these frustrate now)
Cmon no manager with brain(lets not mention M.Silva..) will say out right yes or no to any offer. Ofc it is under consideration, but still seems so highly unlikely. Huge sums to pay for Jose out and buying Poch contract, he has 4.5 year left, additionally offering new contract to him. It is MoneyUnited, but shareholders or who ever coughs up that money is not looking it in a good way.

Also this push from United can make Levy offer good transfer moneys to him. I just dont think it is so cut and dry that you are the big United and now just join.

Sry for rant (A)

Back