The Manchester United Thread

RE: Valencia I can understand the captaincy to a degree, but it's just worrying when Ole says that 'there is not many better fullbacks going forward in Europe'. He's not even close anymore, he couldn't find a cross in a church! Perfect chance to give Dalot plenty of game time this season with little pressure, he has had ups and downs but he is settling well overall.

What should Ole say? That he thinks one of his players, his captain, is ****?

Gomes, Roshaun and Buffonge all trained with the first team. Talks of Roshaun being on the bench as Smalling, Rojo and possibly Bailly are out.

Exactly lol. Dalot will still get plenty of mins this season. Lots of games to play. Will learn a lot from Valencia imo.

Valencia might learn how to cross a ball and take on a man! Two things he seemingly can't or refuse to do. Hopefully that changes now if he plays.

Valencia might learn how to cross a ball and take on a man! Two things he seemingly can't or refuse to do. Hopefully that changes now if he plays.
Dont care what Valencia does tbh. Won’t be here long enough. His attacking play is pretty bad in the final third. But Dalot could definitely learn a thing from him defending wise.

If we are going to get anything from Lukaku I think its important Dalot plays more often than not. Some of the crosses he puts in Lukaku should thrive on.

Valencia's finished imo too, but I'm not annoyed with him maintaining the arm-band. Would be suicidal for Ole to strip him, given he's employed to improve the mood.

But on Valencia, way too one-dimensional & one-footed, lost a couple yards, has an annoying habit of drilling crosses like a shot. At least Dalot whips them in and can beat a man.

Valencia is finished. But this is basic good management. Dalot is still learning so rotate Valencia slowly out.

[FONT=&quot]Former United goalkeeper Harry Gregg has been awarded an OBE in the Queen’s New Years Honours List, 60 years after his heroics in the Munich air disaster. #mufc[/FONT]

Genuine question, if Fergie was still here, how many seasons ago would he have bought Harry Kane?

Genuine question, if Fergie was still here, how many seasons ago would he have bought Harry Kane?
If it was as in now, most probably never. The fee alone inc agents fee, Spurs don’t need to sell, Dealing with Levy, Kane on a good wage and likes Spurs and wouldn’t force a move. If your talking about when he broke through or started showing signs. Then more than likely.

Ole again reiterated on more than one occasion that he won’t be here to long in the embargo part of his presser. Also mentioned something i didn’t realise that after he finished playing, he was a forward coach for a year coaching Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo. Also said he’s working extra with the forwards after training finishes.

Talked how he’s working with Rashford mentally inside the box and getting him trying not to rush his shooting and when one on one. Says he spoke with Martial and they both agreed he’s better off playing out wide and Martial actually prefers that. As he gets more space and can run at players.

Said I’d will continue to give some younger players a chance despite having nearly a fully fit squad. Also said how he’s working on new contract signings on players the club want to keep. Seemed very confident about Martial and DDG staying.

[FONT=&quot]Solskjær: "After I met Bill Beswick (sports psychologist) when he came to the club, he made me aware of how important that confidence work is." #mulive [mu][/FONT]

Last edited:
Well is that's true TOD about Solskjaer in embargoed presser then almost sounds like we have got someone lined up for the summer. He seems at least by the quotes to be dismissing any chance of him being here still even if he does a good job. Which is a bit of a shame as I think he has been a breath of fresh air so far, obviously it's early days but if he continues to do well then I'd consider him amongst our other options for permanent manager. A lot obviously depends on how the rest of the season goes. Considering Zidane never worked in England would arguably be just as much of a risk than Ole anyway.

The Stand our top top talents Ole was eluding to from the 18s I think are Laird, Greenwood, Traore maybe Puigmal. That they think are ready or close to first team football.

Former United goalkeeper Harry Gregg has been awarded an OBE in the Queen’s New Years Honours List, 60 years after his heroics in the Munich air disaster. #mufc

Not that I either agree with the archaic honours system, or would I ever personally accept anything from the Establishment; but at least thats unquestionably well deserved unlike the similar handed out to Kane and Southgate. Which are a complete joke.

Hope Palace do is a favour today. Then we can gain points again this round of fixtures with 2 teams above us dropping points already. God this Chelsea team are boring to watch! Take Hazard out and it’s no better squad than ours tbh. Most probably worse! Makes you wonder where we would be if we had a different manager from the start.

Hope Palace do is a favour today. Then we can gain points again this round of fixtures with 2 teams above us dropping points already. God this Chelsea team are boring to watch! Take Hazard out and it’s no better squad than ours tbh. Most probably worse! Makes you wonder where we would be if we had a different manager from the start.

Yeah outside the top 3 I don't think Chelsea and Arsenal are nowt special, like you say we have vital points to catch up on today (even if it's just Arsenal this weekend).

Tottenham have done really good when you consider that they basically have a great first team 11 with a couple of useful players and not much else. But listening to Pochettino yesterday he said that they didn't have the energy to kill the game in second half. I can see that being a big issue for Spurs second half of season, their squad deficiencies will probably come back to bit them.

Not that I think we'll be any higher than 4th at best come end of season, even that's a push still.

Back