The Manchester United Thread

Lukaku run out and goal would be nice too.

I hope he'll click under Ole, but is it bad of me to want to see more of this Rasford/Martial/Lingard 1 touch, combination play type of front 3? Lukaku can do it but not as naturally.

Nah this trio is who we should be building the team around, Lukaku will need to adapt a lot and improve to work within this framework of playing !

Personally think if we're serious about progressing and going ahead back to this style of football, Lukaku should be binned and bring in another striker more natural to this style of football. (Just my opinion, I can't see this style working for Lukaku but see how he does I guess)>

3 games and still no clean sheet but a long as you score more than your opposition it doesn't matter. Pogba, Martial and Rashford are certainly proving a certain Portugese manager wrong. Yes the opponents over the last 3 aren't the best in the League but that isn't United's fault, that's the way the fixtures fell. You still have to beat the worst teams to get points something that wasn't happening this time last month....
Bournemouth is a upper half of the table team that will attack. No shame in conceding to them. They do not care if they get beaten by 1 or 5 goals. They will not relent.

Not that I either agree with the archaic honours system, or would I ever personally accept anything from the Establishment; but at least thats unquestionably well deserved unlike the similar handed out to Kane and Southgate. Which are a complete joke.

Jimmy Greaves hasn't got a knighthood, and I don't think he has any order. That's the joke for me

Bournemouth is a upper half of the table team that will attack. No shame in conceding to them. They do not care if they get beaten by 1 or 5 goals. They will not relent.
Is that why they have lost 4 on the trot... More like a lower midtable side IMHO either way they are still suffering from an unleashed attacking United.

Pogba 16 goals & assists this season already. Those are ******* Lampard-esque seasonal numbers, it's December...

Bailly does it again, someone needs to tell him you can't jump into tackles two footed and expect to get away with it.

Jimmy Greaves hasn't got a knighthood, and I don't think he has any order. That's the joke for me

That’s a great shout that.

Outside of Paisley, I can’t think of any Englishman more deserving from the football World.

Obviously we never saw him play but I’m told from older friends and relatives the finest English CF there’s ever been. And a gentleman with it. (Used to love him on the telly.). Phenominal goals per game ratio.

Personally don’t think any ‘active’ player/ sportsman should be honoured either. That should be for after they’ve retired.

Last edited:
Bailly does it again, someone needs to tell him you can't jump into tackles two footed and expect to get away with it.

Don't get me wrong I love Bailly and we need more nasty bastards like him! But you need to be more sensible, total needless tackle and especially at that time.

Last edited:
Another good performance. Pressing, forward passing, Shots, goals. Happy! :) defo the Pogba show. But Matic and Herrera behind him gives us the platform imo. Happy for Lukaku. And delighted to see Periera get some mins!

Would love to see where we'd be if we hired Ole at the start of the season. Definitely reckon we'd be comfortably in a top 4 spot.

Another good performance. Pressing, forward passing, Shots, goals. Happy! :) defo the Pogba show. But Matic and Herrera behind him gives us the platform imo. Happy for Lukaku. And delighted to see Periera get some mins!

Another good performance and we are seeing the quality we know this team has! Rashford, Pogba and Martial - one of the best trios in the world on their day. That's not even over the top either, any team in world football would love any of those players. We need to keep it up though, on to Newcastle!

I’m drooling at the thought of Sanchez coming in for Lingard (6) been saying for ages we defo got a better squad than some argue against. We are defo in a false position in terms of our players!

I’m drooling at the thought of Sanchez coming in for Lingard (6) been saying for ages we defo got a better squad than some argue against. We are defo in a false position in terms of our players!

Mourinho got into fans heads too much with his constant negativity and talking down the players/squad how bad he supposedly has it. Hate all the negativity he brought with him.

Look the results may not go our way from now until end of the season, but if we see players and the team performing like this.. actually trying to win games.... we can't complain!

Don't get me wrong I love Bailly and we need more nasty bastards like him! But you need to be more sensible, total needless tackle and especially at that time.
Totally agree on his day Bailly is as good as any top class international defender it's just he has these moments when he doesn't think. For a player of his ability he doesn't need to jump in. I'm sure a certain Mr Phelan will point that out to him over the next few weeks.

Totally agree on his day Bailly is as good as any top class international defender it's just he has these moments when he doesn't think. For a player of his ability he doesn't need to jump in. I'm sure a certain Mr Phelan will point that out to him over the next few weeks.

Yeah it's a catch 22 really because whilst we need to get that rashness out of his game we still need to encourage that mentality he has! He's one hard ************ and I think we need a few more like him in that dressing room next season!

Back