The Manchester United Thread

Blanc is a dinosaur what kind of vision is he going to have that will benefit us going forward anyway, don't fancy him even as a DOF.

Zidane or Blanc would of been in by now. Has to be a combo either Poch or Rose with a DOF of Mitchell or Berta. Has to be either of these imo.

That's possible but who is their right mind would want to take over after Jose, they would be on a hiding to nothing. Ole took the post knowing full well he still had a very safe post to return to in Molde you can't say the same about Zidane or Blanc. They aren't first choice anyway if they were like you say they would be in post by now.

That's possible but who is their right mind would want to take over after Jose, they would be on a hiding to nothing. Ole took the post knowing full well he still had a very safe post to return to in Molde you can't say the same about Zidane or Blanc. They aren't first choice anyway if they were like you say they would be in post by now.

Sorry but this point of view I never understand at all, what manager with any ambition would not want to come now? A fallen giant who needs rebuilding and will be given the backing to do it, the perfect time is to come now. The worst time to come was after Fergie when we had all the success in the world. Any manager who comes in now will not have any sort of expectation that normally any top club would have next season.

Any manager worth their salt would love the United job now, it's literally the perfect time, never have a better opportunity to come in and get all the glory if you can take us back to some success again.

If a manager doesn't want it than that just says it all, Zidane might want an easy job like Juventus where there is little competition, that's fine it says more about the mentality we shouldn't be bringing in.

The perfect time isn't now, not these days. When Fergie moved South there was less of a risk managers were given the minimum of a season to sort things out you don't get that sort of time in top leagues (even Raneri at Leicester got the boot after a poor start to a season despite winning the league the season before). These Mind you like you say if the Board really wanted Zidane or Blanc they would have got them, hence the interim, but they want a certain manager who currently isn't free, and who is either reluctant to leave mid-season or who's employer wants to play hard ball or even both. I'm just hoping the board haven't put all their eggs in one basket in an effort to get Poch as to be honest if Real are after him then they may just lose out.

I reckon I'd be good enough as head man, piece of ****. ZZ as assistant, but he's forbidden to have any team or player talks after defeat for obvious reasons.

I reckon I'd be good enough as head man, piece of ****. ZZ as assistant, but he's forbidden to have any team or player talks after defeat for obvious reasons.

Pogba would go off and have a tantrum after one of my post match talks if we lost.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the idea of Ole staying on as a no.2 with someone like Poch. Sure it's not the proper gig but surely more appetising than going back to Molde and he'd still be involved a lot.

Pogba would go off and have a tantrum after one of my post match talks if we lost.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the idea of Ole staying on as a no.2 with someone like Poch. Sure it's not the proper gig but surely more appetising than going back to Molde and he'd still be involved a lot.

Ole will have decent offers elsewhere if he impresses. I think that was a factor in taking this temporary job, a big stepping stone. Besides, Poch strikes me as a "you take me, you take my team" type of guy, along with 1 or 2 players maybe (Eriksen/Kane/Alderweireld the only ones I'd take, maybe young Winks).

Ole will have decent offers elsewhere if he impresses. I think that was a factor in taking this temporary job, a big stepping stone. Besides, Poch strikes me as a "you take me, you take my team" type of guy, along with 1 or 2 players maybe (Eriksen/Kane/Alderweireld the only ones I'd take, maybe young Winks).
its going to be hard as **** to get poch let alone any players baby steps

its going to be hard as **** to get poch let alone any players baby steps

Aside from anything, to say you’d be massively disappointed in him as a Tottenham supporter if he didn’t at least give it one season in the new ground would be an understatement.

We're Manchester United not Tottenham Hotspur and we don't need their players anyway, plenty of others who are just as good and will be easier to get most likely. Sure we might try for one or two that are near contract expiration but apart from that I honestly don't think we need much anyway. We've got a good squad if under the right management, we just need someone to utilise it and bring through our great youth talents into first team.

We're Manchester United not Tottenham Hotspur and we don't need their players anyway, plenty of others who are just as good and will be easier to get most likely. Sure we might try for one or two that are near contract expiration but apart from that I honestly don't think we need much anyway. We've got a good squad if under the right management, we just need someone to utilise it and bring through our great youth talents into first team.

It's not 2009. They have more world beaters than us. I'd bite your hand off for some of their players, as would the Madrid's & Barcas of the world I'm sure.

It's not 2009. They have more world beaters than us. I'd bite your hand off for some of their players, as would the Madrid's & Barcas of the world I'm sure.

Who would you bite their hand off for though? We literally have so much attacking quality in this squad it's ridiculous the amount of riches, problem is up until Ole came in we had a manager who didn't want to make the most of it and would rather moan: -

Rashford (world-class on his day_
Martial (world-class on his day)
Pogba (world-class on his day)
Mata
Sanchez (best player in PL before Mourinho got his hands on him)
Lukaku (one of best strikers in PL before Mourinho got his hands on him)
Lingard
Chong

---

Sure they have Aldiwireld but he's nearly 30 now and why go for him when he isn't really a leader anyway. He's not someone who's going to come in and totally take charge like Van Dijk. The only defender that I can see who would fit that mould is Koulibaly, so go for him or stick with what we have.

Fans need to wake up and realise that Mourinho had brainwashed you into thinking this squad is somehow subpar. There is international elite level players in every area of our squad.

Eriksen is probably the best AM in the world this season. He's so underrated. Has even not looked out of place in CM when deployed there, top class in build up & final third; De Bruyne-esque - a tactically flexible game-changer with consistent year-after-year output. Toby Alderweireld is one of the best CB's in the world. Eriksen for Mata & Toby for Rojo would be incredible upgrades, for example.

How can they be good enough for the Real Madrid's, Barca's & PSG's of the world to monitor but not us? Major disrespect there in my opinion, ZZ. I'm not brainwashed either, I know we have very talented attackers, but the Spurs players I have named improve any XI in football.

It's all hypothetical and a non-discussion as we haven't even got Poch yet, but if he were to want to bring those players with him, I'd be jumping with joy.

Last edited:
Problem is it is hard to calculate at the moment anything rationally when we have had for such a long time world-class players who haven't been playing at that level due to what we think the manager being an issue.

On the other hand you have a load of dross looking like world-beaters at times under a manager who can get the best out of them. Even players like Sissoko look good now and a season or two ago most people thought he was garbage.

My point is that they have good players, as do we, but the difference is that it's hard to calculate the difference Pochettino would make to our players when you see what he is doing with some of their dross. It's really just like when we had Fergie and he made the likes of Cleverley into a PL winning midfielder and a load of other dross look great.

------------

I never think Eriksen & Pogba would work in a team together anyway, maybe I'm wrong but I can't see it. If there is anyone I'd want from Spurs right now it would be Son, yes we have loads of attacking talent but this guy could be our next Park Ji Sung. He'll always work his bollox off and has the output as well, always useful to have a player like that in any squad. A bit like a better version of Lingard in many ways so I'd even be sceptical that we need him.

Lukaku (one of best strikers in PL before Mourinho got his hands on him) .....

He’s never been anything like that z and never will be. And it has nottin to do with Mourinho. He’s a flat track bully that has consistently disappeared for club and Country in the real big games.

For all you’ve mentioned Zidane, I’ll lay good money he’d be one of the first he’d look to replace. Nowhere near technical enough or has the inelligent off the ball movement for his style of football.

Easiest CF to face of any top 6 side one.

Last edited:
....If there is anyone I'd want from Spurs right now it would be Son, yes we have loads of attacking talent but this guy could be our next Park Ji Sung. He'll always work his bollox off and has the output as well, always useful to have a player like that in any squad.

So you want to take a player who plays in the position we're most stacked in? Lol. And "could be our next Park Ji Sung" - way to racially categorize lmao ZZ, they're absolutely nothing alike, and he's way too talented to just be a workhorse squad player

Completely with Rh on Eriksen.

Not many players I’d want from Tottenham as we’re in a completely different situation to Utd. But the Dane and Son for more quality depth would be the ones. (I do like the potential of Winks too.).

Love us to throw our hat into tge Eriksen ring this summer the last year of his contract. Sublime, dead intelligent top draw footballer.

Back