The Manchester United Thread

Still dont understand how this was no penalty...

https://streamja.com/BPR3

In the modern game it definitely was, but it's still a bit bullshit if you ask me. Yes his follow through caught the player but he got the ball first. Why are we now in a game where a defender in that situation should be encouraged not to go for the ball just in case he catches the attacker???

It reminded me a bit of Nani's sending off in CL under Fergie against Real Madrid. His foot was high but he got the ball and his follow through caught the player. I thought that was nonsense as well, we may swell start wrapping players in cotton wool just incase they might get caught by a feather!

In the modern game it definitely was, but it's still a bit bullshit if you ask me. Yes his follow through caught the player but he got the ball first. Why are we now in a game where a defender in that situation should be encouraged not to go for the ball just in case he catches the attacker???

It reminded me a bit of Nani's sending off in CL under Fergie against Real Madrid. His foot was high but he got the ball and his follow through caught the player. I thought that was nonsense as well, we may swell start wrapping players in cotton wool just incase they might get caught by a feather!

And the excuse of him hitting ball first and follow through is a bit of a bullshit. There is momentum and no player could even possible hit the ball high and then pull the leg away.

How can you think it is wise to raise your feet so high when ball is coming next to you, just HEAD it away You are playing in the box where players jump in and u raise studs to height where players heads are. This would have been very ugly, but luckily Daniels was caught into shoulder, not face or neck.

The pictures shows the height his feet went and how close Daniels was. It takes less effort and time to head it away than to it this way. I see the point when running to ball and trying to get it this way. Not doing it when u standing still..

View attachment 25720

Last edited:
Oh cripes.

Bujaka’s first mistake was getting into it on penalties with z.

ANYTHING but that ..... back away from the madness slowly until you reach the door then run. FAST!

I totally get your point Bujakaa and he certainly did act recklessly but the question of whether he should of gone with his head rather than foot is certainly valid. but my point ultimately is that he got the ball and that can't be denied.

Scouse lets not play the moral high ground here squire, my only wish that it was Salah on the end of that just to see a proper reaction to significant contact. *I'm only joking before you get yourself in a twist*.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/nicky-****-expects-loans-for-man-utd-under-19-players

Will be interesting to see which players go out

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/nicky-****-expects-loans-for-man-utd-under-19-players

Will be interesting to see which players go out
I reckon Greenwood will be one of them, he's been tearing up the youth leagues to be fair, and a loan spell will assist his development especial if its either a good Div 1 or Championship side. Then we will see if he is ready to make the move in to the first team squad next season.

I reckon Greenwood will be one of them, he's been tearing up the youth leagues to be fair, and a loan spell will assist his development especial if its either a good Div 1 or Championship side. Then we will see if he is ready to make the move in to the first team squad next season.
Greenwood won’t leave the club. Same for Gomes and Chong. Reckon it will be Hamilton, Bohui, Roshaun, Ercolani, Tanner.

Ole confirms Rashford should be ok but not 100% to start. Also confirmed Sanchez will defo feature on Wednesday.

This could be a challenge, sure you look at the table and think it won't be but this is Newcastle. They always have great support and a manager who is a CL winner, he'll have them organised if nothing else.

I think we need to approach this game like all the other ones recently, high intensity and lots of movement off the ball. Try and get that first goal then it will open the game up.

United’s five-man shortlist for the manager’s job:

Marco Rose
Mauricio Pochettino
Laurent Blanc
Zinedine Zidane
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Pochettino is the number one target. #mufc [Neil Ashton]

That's Marco Rose's name being mentioned. He works for Red Bull Salzburg and was heavily linked with RB Leipzig before Julian Nagelsmann was announced. The head of recruitment at RB Leipzig is Paul Mitchell, who himself is heavily linked to Man United. The plot thickens?

BTW, you oughta follow @ReneMaric . That's Rose's assistant at Salzburg, and if you ever looked up "tactics and formations genius" in a dictionary, you'd find a picture of his face.

What's his style? Rose played under both Klopp and the PSG manager Thomas Tuchel and worked with the latter as a coach at Mainz, so United fans will be pleased to hear his approach is a high-intensity, attacking one. Gegenpressing plays a big part in Red Bull's approach under Rose, with his players working hard to win the ball back as soon as possible and as high up the pitch as possible after losing possession. Rose played under Jurgen Klopp at Mainz It is a tactic employed by Klopp at Liverpool and, perhaps to a marginally lesser extent, Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

Poch is my number one choice, but am I the only one who's warming to the idea of Ole? I know it's still early days, but if he does an amazing job from now until the end of the season, why not? Definitely seeing some United principles restored which is nice - it's almost like Sir Alex has been back for the last 3 games. Shape high & wide, FB's bombing, people getting into the box, high intensity, expressing themselves.

But do think Poch is a potential superstar, Champions League winning coach who has a proven record of developing players and upping them a level. Has went to Nou Camp & Bernabeu and produced some class tactical performances, definitely more pedigree.

Last edited:
Poch is my number one choice, but am I the only one who's warming to the idea of Ole? I know it's still early days, but if he does an amazing job from now until the end of the season, why not? Definitely seeing some United principles restored which is nice - it's almost like Sir Alex has been back for the last 3 games. Shape high & wide, FB's bombing, people getting into the box, high intensity, expressing themselves.

But do think Poch is a potential superstar, Champions League winning coach who has a proven record of developing players and upping them a level. Has went to Nou Camp & Bernabeu and produced some class tactical performances, definitely more pedigree.

Don't get me wrong I think Ole has done a great job so far not only in terms of results but the performances have been 10x better than anything Mourinho produced. But I am a bit worried that fans are already contemplating the idea of appointing him permanent, next season is absolutely critical for Manchester United. If we miss out on CL two seasons in a row then we lose out on a lot of sponsorship money.

We need to just relax and see how it goes, tougher tests to come but at the same time be happy that we're playing some football. For Ole to get the job I want to see him get us in top 4 and beat a few of the big boys convincingly. We can't take any gambles with our next permanent manager.

Regarding that so called 'shortlist' I think they are all good candidates but don't want Laurent Blanc at all tbh. He has been out of management for years and didn't ever really rate him even when he ws in management. We need someone with modern ideas and who is a great coach, Blanc won't be that.

Poch will be difficult to prise away from Spurs to be honest, not because he would want to leave but more a case of Levy being a total Barsteward and the fact that Real are sniffing around as well. Zidane is probably the most obtainable followed by Blanc. It would be nice to think Ole has a chance but he has until the end of the season to make a claim so far 3 wins against what technically are inferior teams does not make a great case, if he can out think Poch in the game against Spurs then his value will increase until he has proved he can get this bunch of talented but dare I say it stroppy players working towards the same aim then he will remain a stopgap. This Rose fella is an interesting option a total wide ball so to speak and that may just be what is needed to be fair.

Blanc DOF/Zindane Coach combo?
That could be interesting Blanc the former United player working
alongside he fellow country man who has done ok with other big sides. As Zzeezzy points out Blanc has been away from management since he left PSG but that said he was written off as too old when he came to United as a player a DoF post or even an assistant (I doubt he would want that) is probably his best chance.

if they were gonna do that though, both could have been in place before this window.

Back