The Manchester United Thread

He’s never been anything like that z and never will be. And it has nottin to do with Mourinho. He’s a flat track bully that has consistently disappeared for club and Country in the real big games.

For all you’ve mentioned Zidane, I’ll lay good money he’d be one of the first he’d look to replace. Nowhere near technical enough or has the inelligent off the ball movement for his style of football.

To be fair I thought he was probably the best striker at the World Cup alongside Cavani. Was so impressed with how he stood up to be counted vs. Brazil. I think he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in the world but he needs to start consistently showing it, pronto

Completely with Rh on Eriksen.

Not many players I’d want from Tottenham as we’re in a completely different situation to Utd. But the Dane and Son for more quality depth would be the ones. (I do like the potential of Winks too.).

Love us to throw our hat into tge Eriksen ring this summer the last year of his contract. Sublime, dead intelligent top draw footballer.

Yeah Eriksen under Klopp would be sick, as he has an insane work rate too. Always one of the most KM's covered per season year in/year out. Imagine you nabbed Toby? You'd have a Ferdinand/Vidic regen with Toby & Van Dijk...scary CB partnership. Automatic CL favs. That spine would be too much.

To be fair I thought he was probably the best striker at the World Cup alongside Cavani. Was so impressed with how he stood up to be counted vs. Brazil. I think he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in the world but he needs to start consistently showing it, pronto

Aw mate. He should be what Drogba was. Seriously. He has every tool. He’s just never had the right attitude and application to fulfill that. Sound when he can out muscle yard dogs the rest of the league. But a completely different story when he has to play football and think against quality opponents.

Sounds mad given his goal record but a complete waste of talent to what he ‘should’ be. He’ll be 26 next year. When is he going to ‘get it?’

Bar one mad end-to-end Derby he did turn up, he really has been the easiest CF to defend we’ve faced for a good long time now.

Yeah Eriksen under Klopp would be sick, as he has an insane work rate too. Always one of the most KM's covered per season year in/year out. Imagine you nabbed Toby? You'd have a Ferdinand/Vidic regen with Toby & Van Dijk...scary CB partnership. Automatic CL favs. That spine would be too much.

I believe we already have that fast developing with JMG.

Alderweireld would just be a potential block to Joes continued, rapid development.

Different situations. He’d be a difference maker at Utd. More a luxury at ours who would doubtless want to be starting.

If I could chose the perfect CH to add to replace the injury prone Lovren and Matip it would be Pavard and his versatility. He ticks every box we require.

Last edited:
Ah Lukaku. 15 years ago, he would be bench option for top clubs. Today, there's limited number of players that ticks all the boxes he does. Unfortunately, his tactical side of the game is flat out terrible and that negates most of the positivites he has. Oh, and technically he's just, well, ****.

I would bite Tottenhams arm for Eriksen and Kane. And not just them. Amazing talents.

How am I racially categorising when they are both from the same continent and we've only ever in our history had one in Park who has been a United great? I made it perfectly clear in my post that Son has the output in terms of goals and plays in a different position namely as a shadow striker or inside forward. I also said that I'd even be sceptical about getting him as we have bags of riches. Don't think you understand how important it is for United to have a player like him commercially and as bad this may sound, it's rare we get the chance to sign one with the quality of Son.

Eriksen is a great player but United have one of the best midfielders in terms of output in Pogba, admittedly he is more free-role and no.10 even lately. I don't see why we need him, that's not saying I wouldn't take him if it didn't cost the earth. But it will for us to have any chance, especially if we're taking Pochettino anyway.

I maintain that all this squad needs is a great head coach (not manager in the stereotypical sense), CB who will command the backline and dressing room (Koulibally).

Apart from that we're fine honestly, lots of talented youth to bring through and playmakers a plenty, no need for Eriksen unless Pogba goes really. He'll give us all the assists and goals we ever need if he keeps up this form.

Last edited:
You said "he could be our next Park" based on nothing else than both being Asian lol they're literally nothing alike in terms of players. Anyway, Where do you plan to play Son? Martial, Sanchez & Rashford all at LW.

And I think Poch would potentially play Pogba in the Dembele/Sissoko CM role, alongside a holder (ala Wanyama-Dembele dynamic), if he had Eriksen. They could both interchange too like Silva & De Bruyne, or Lingard & Alli at the World Cup for England.

Last edited:
You said "he could be our next Park" based on nothing else than both being Asian lol they're literally nothing alike in terms of players. Anyway, Where do you plan to play Son? Martial, Sanchez & Rashford all at LW.

And I think Poch would potentially play Pogba in the Dembele/Sissoko CM role, alongside a holder (ala Wanyama-Dembele dynamic), if he had Eriksen. They could both interchange too like Silva & De Bruyne, or Lingard & Alli at the World Cup for England.

Yeah I should of said commercially to be fair, I realise that they are not alike in terms of player. Although they do share some similar traits, Park had iron lungs like no one I've ever seen but Son will give everything as well in terms of work-rate.

The problem is like you say we're stacked there also, but I'm kind of assuming come the summer that Sanchez will be gone and we'l know by then if Martial is going to stay as well. Even though he has a year left by that point.

Yeah I should of said commercially to be fair, I realise that they are not alike in terms of player. Although they do share some similar traits, Park had iron lungs like no one I've ever seen but Son will give everything as well in terms of work-rate.

The problem is like you say we're stacked there also, but I'm kind of assuming come the summer that Sanchez will be gone and we'l know by then if Martial is going to stay as well. Even though he has a year left by that point.

Martial will defo stay. Wouldn't rule out Sanchez staying either as he seems a lot happier, but would preferably like him off the books ASAP or we'll have a Rooney situation; wages outweighing current ability & struggling to shift him. We don't have a sentimental Everton to flog to this time.

We're not really stacked at #10 mate. Mata & Lingard the only naturals, Mata could easily move on this summer too. I do think we need another CM though, I'm not sure Fred's what we need tbh, but the jury's still out; happy to be proved wrong.

Martial will defo stay. Wouldn't rule out Sanchez staying either as he seems a lot happier, but would preferably like him off the books ASAP or we'll have a Rooney situation; wages outweighing current ability & struggling to shift him. We don't have a sentimental Everton to flog to this time.

We're not really stacked at #10 mate. Mata & Lingard the only naturals, Mata could easily move on this summer too. I do think we need another CM though, I'm not sure Fred's what we need tbh, but the jury's still out; happy to be proved wrong.

Funny after I've bigged up this squad today what are the chances of us now losing tonight vs Newcastle?? Here's hoping we put in a good performance. I think it's Ole's toughest challenge so far even though they are not that good recently at home especially.

Funny after I've bigged up this squad today what are the chances of us now losing tonight vs Newcastle?? Here's hoping we put in a good performance. I think it's Ole's toughest challenge so far even though they are not that good recently at home especially.

I'm the opposite, not worried in the slightest. Another 3-4 goals please. Rafa will sit in Jose-esque and try make it hard. Get the first before HT and make them come out & half-play, then blitz them for 2-3.

Manchester United team
Starting XI: De Gea, Valencia (c), Lindelof, Jones, Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Rashford, Martial
Subs: Romero, Darmian, Young, Fred, Lingard, Alexis, Lukaku

These lot beat us last year at their place, this will be a test of our character.

Fecking **** calamity Jones playing tonight I see.

Rashford looks fatigued tonight imo.

Last edited:
Has went like I predicted, ideally like to nick 1 before half time. Think Mata slows us down a bit too

Has went like I predicted, ideally like to nick 1 before half time. Think Mata slows us down a bit too
Yeah doesn’t suit the press. But Rashford hasn’t been doing it tonight half as much either. Valencia doesn’t get forward enough like Young or Dalot.

Yeah doesn’t suit the press. But Rashford hasn’t been doing it tonight half as much either. Valencia doesn’t get forward enough like Young or Dalot.

We have a right wing of Valencia (who won't go past the half way line, and does **** all these days when he does anyway) and Mata (who has no pace, no power, and just comes in side to play 1-2's in front of Newcastle's block). Taking Young and Lingard out of the side takes a way a lot of running and intensity, I think Rashford, as well as Martial, Pogba etc., need that.

See how good Ole really is now, got to make changes and impact this game. We aren't being quick enough with the ball and not threatening in behind really. Mata got to go don't really understand what his role is, Valencia has been his usual self offering nothing going forward sadly.

Back