The Manchester United Thread

RB Leipzig saying they'll have to sell Timo Werner in the summer, we should definitely be in there in my opinion and maybe even as a replacement for Lukaku. I know he has poached a few goals, but I still have my doubts if he'll be able to do well enough in this system. I guess we'll see from now until end of the season anyway.

If we start Valencia against Spurs then that's a major blot against the Ole reign so far, even if we win! The guy is a total passenger. Mata messed this system up as well, he didn't offer any width at all on that right, it made everywhere else so congested.

How can it be a blot if we win. Valencia is brilliant defensively, which we may well need to be on one flank, since our left is so attacking in Martial and Shaw.

Why would it matter if Werner suits this system or not? i'll be a new one in the summer anyway?

Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Burkart = no need for another STR. Sanchez can play there also. Tbh we don’t even need to invest in any attackers unless we lose a few. Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Sánchez, Lingard, Mata. Then the likes Burkart, Greenwood, Chong on the cusp. Plus we have a top talent coming at the end of this season that we spent fairly good money on for a youngster.

Not it to mention Pogba, Gomes, Pereira, Barlow, Puigmal, Buffonge can all play 10 or wide.

How can it be a blot if we win. Valencia is brilliant defensively, which we may well need to be on one flank, since our left is so attacking in Martial and Shaw.

Valencia is completely finished Mike, sooner we all accept it the better and move on, it's like Rooney all over again. Any time he is on the pitch it's wasted minutes for Dalot and even Young offers a lot more. Yesterday against Newcastle all our attacks were going down the left in first half and it was just messing us right up. Admittedly Mata didn't help either but Valencia never even tries to take on a man or attack now.

Why would it matter if Werner suits this system or not? i'll be a new one in the summer anyway?

He scores goals, but technically is so limited and his first touch is woeful. I doubt any manager can fix that, long-term I don't think he is a United striker.

Valencia is completely finished Mike, sooner we all accept it the better and move on, it's like Rooney all over again. Any time he is on the pitch it's wasted minutes for Dalot and even Young offers a lot more. Yesterday against Newcastle all our attacks were going down the left in first half and it was just messing us right up. Admittedly Mata didn't help either but Valencia never even tries to take on a man or attack now.

He scores goals, but technically is so limited and his first touch is woeful. I doubt any manager can fix that, long-term I don't think he is a United striker.

So if he completely shuts down their main attacking side, while ours goes on the rampage, that would be a blot? I disagree

Dalot is still incredibly raw, and you still have to manager player happiness. Something Jose completely forgot

If Valencia plays, Mata can’t. There was no occupation of the right wing until the subs.

Starting to worry about TFM tbf, 2 average/below par loans.

Starting to worry about TFM tbf, 2 average/below par loans.
He shown more than to be good enough for the prem when played regular. He’s benn unlucky with both managers being sacked who wanted him and injuries. Was getting huge praise in his early days by Fulham fans. Pocketed Sane big time! Then a week or so later Sane admitted he was the toughest FB he’s come up against while playing in the Prem. Still a top talent and has all the attributes to develop and be a good player for us.

To which Sane answered: “It was before when I was playing against Kyle Walker. And now Crystal Palace’s and Fulham’s right-back Timothy Fosu-Mensah, I have played against him twice these seasons, and even last season, he had me really well under control and I told him how happy I was to play against him.”

Pep even admitted to swapping his side to get Sane more in the game. Did well against Hazard too.

Last edited:
Yeah mate he's new Beckenbauer just like Januzaj was new Messi, James Wilson was new Inzaghi and Pereira new Pirlo. Just somehow can't make a squad in relegation fodder.
thats a bit harch on wilson inzaghi was utter *****

That's because he is average/below average apart from being unusually big and strong for his age.

But?? But?? He is brilliant in a computer game???
That means he is brilliant in real life!!

Yeah mate he's new Beckenbauer just like Januzaj was new Messi, James Wilson was new Inzaghi and Pereira new Pirlo. Just somehow can't make a squad in relegation fodder.
whoever said any of that needs to give there head a wobble. Yes I’m guilty of overhyping some of our youth but not for no reason! Your not **** or poor technically if your highly rated at Ajax academy. Or feature and captain at times for every youth age internationally and were being chased by Juve, Bayern and a host of other clubs before signing for arguably the biggest club in world football. Or have close to 50+ starts in the Prem by the age of 20. Just lucky I guess....

Ducker saying the club have no intention of selling Bailly in Jan or the summer. And Di Marzio saying Valencia agent has offered him to Inter Milan on a free in the Summer.

But?? But?? He is brilliant in a computer game???
That means he is brilliant in real life!!
He's not. That is, if you're talking FM. FIFA, you can make almost anyone work and do most things, so eh.

Back