The Manchester United Thread

Yeah I think his best days are behind him. But defending wise he’s still got it. Will be him or Young against Spurs no doubt.

Unfortunately Ole seems to be persisting with Sanche on the left also, can't see what we're achieving with him there because Martial is always going to occupy that spot. Didn't he play on the right when he came on as a sub against Newcastle? Can't remember now.

Unfortunately Ole seems to be persisting with Sanche on the left also, can't see what we're achieving with him there because Martial is always going to occupy that spot. Didn't he play on the right when he came on as a sub against Newcastle? Can't remember now.
Don’t think he will persist with him on the left. We’ve been super fluid and likely only starting there today as there is no Martial starting.

Garner and Chong look buzzing in the warm up.

My word, we got outplayed by Reading in that half and I have no idea how we managed to score 2 goals really! Bit concerned by that performance though in first half, didn't see anyone really perform that well, good finish by Lukaku and that's about it.

Tbh we have been poor. And Ole needs to take the blame for some of that! Hopefully that goal kills it! Great pass and finish tbf.

Tbh we have been poor. And Ole needs to take the blame for some of that! Hopefully that goal kills it! Great pass and finish tbf.

Maybe the new manager bounce is wearing off, even though we got win vs Newcastle thought we were pretty lethargic in that game as well. We all know it's a rebuilding process at United but think Ole needs to get more out of these players in second half for sure.

Maybe the new manager bounce is wearing off, even though we got win vs Newcastle thought we were pretty lethargic in that game as well. We all know it's a rebuilding process at United but think Ole needs to get more out of these players in second half for sure.
Agee mate but you could still see that the pressing intent was there and the willing to get forward quickly. Today we have clearly sat off not pressed at all. Apart from Fred who imo best player so far despite a few iffy touches. Need to up the tempo.

Can tell Periera isn’t a 6! All over the place positionally.

Pereira has been awful today. Surprised by Darmian at CB. Think he's had a really good game and brought the ball out well. Sanchez **** again and injured.

Pereira has been awful today. Surprised by Darmian at CB. Think he's had a really good game and brought the ball out well. Sanchez **** again and injured.
That whole CM infact team looked like a team with 9 changes and players seriously short of any football. Sanchez clearly not matchbfit yet, had a coupe sect moments especially that assist. Can’t complain tbh 2 gls a clean sheet, some youngsters featured and never looked troubled. Onto the next round :)

Not surprised about Darmian tbh. He’s a good defender. Just not a good attacking FB.

Last edited:
We need to do some serious clear out and be ruthless in the summer, we can't afford to keep these players for yet another cycle under a new manager that comes in the summer: -

Pereira, Fellaini, McTominay, Sanchez, Valencia, Young, Mata, Darmian, Jones.

------

I'm probably missing a few but all these I'm sorry have got to go, they have had chance after chance, are either past ir or not good enough. Clear out this over bloated squad and replace it with one or two first team signings and some of the youth on the fringes that also come back from loan. Darmian played well today and I like him but he wants to leave so that will happen.

Last edited:
We need to do some serious clear out and be ruthless in the summer, we can't afford to keep these players for yet another cycle under a new manager that comes in the summer: -

Pereira, Fellaini, McTominay, Sanchez, Valencia, Young, Mata, Darmian, Jones.

------

I'm probably missing a few but all these I'm sorry have got to go, they have had chance after chance, are either past ir or not good enough. Clear out this over bloated squad and replace it with one or two first team signings and some of the youth on the fringes that also come back from loan. Darmian played well today and I like him but he wants to leave so that will happen.
Jeez mate. That’s some FM type **** right there lol. Mata is a good player. Periera hasn’t had a quarter of a chance here Thought Sanchez was decent and needs a chance under Ole. The rest I agree with Except Young. Mctominay needs a loan to a Prem/Championship and to be seen after 20+ regular games.

There's nothing you can take from a dead lunchtime, second string FA Cup. Literally nothing lads. Result, in the hat. Bring on Spurs.

Only one league would buy Sanchez and that is China. The wages he is on, noone will take a look at him, not this summer for sure.

There's nothing you can take from a dead lunchtime, second string FA Cup. Literally nothing lads. Result, in the hat. Bring on Spurs.

What do we do then just never judge them when fringe players get a chance like today? Ridiculous attitude mate, that's why we're stuck with a lot of dross. That's exactly what they are, a lot of them played bad today and also against Valencia. We don't see them any other time because they are not good enough. Sure Mata played vs Newcastle but he was bad then as well.

I agree TOD it is but we have to if we want to move forward, who of those players I listed are seriously still good enough? Sanchez is on insane wages and he wasn't good enough again today. Plus he is injury-prone now as well, constantly picks up niggles will be out for a few more weeks and then back to square one again with him. We don't even need Sanchez if the insistence is that he plays on the left. It only disrupts Martial more than anything.

The rest of them are rubbish honestly, McTominay will never cut it at United. Jones is a calamity, Young is an old failed winger now fullback that is near 34 now. Much the same for the rest of them I mentioned. Why are we keeping this dross if we want to get back to an intense attacking style of football under a new manager? They'll never cut it.

What do we do then just never judge them when fringe players get a chance like today? Ridiculous attitude mate, that's why we're stuck with a lot of dross. That's exactly what they are, a lot of them played bad today and also against Valencia. We don't see them any other time because they are not good enough. Sure Mata played vs Newcastle but he was bad then as well.

I agree TOD it is but we have to if we want to move forward, who of those players I listed are seriously still good enough? Sanchez is on insane wages and he wasn't good enough again today. Plus he is injury-prone now as well, constantly picks up niggles will be out for a few more weeks and then back to square one again with him. We don't even need Sanchez if the insistence is that he plays on the left. It only disrupts Martial more than anything.

The rest of them are rubbish honestly, McTominay will never cut it at United. Jones is a calamity, Young is an old failed winger now fullback that is near 34 now. Much the same for the rest of them I mentioned. Why are we keeping this dross if we want to get back to an intense attacking style of football under a new manager? They'll never cut it.
Because, Z, you just named 9 players of a squad of 25, and said you still missed some. ****, even FM punishes you for clearing that many players in one go. Honestly? I'd give Pereira and Young one more chance. Periera is still very young, and Young offers a lot of versatility, and honestly, hasn't been half bad. Plus, McTominay, give him a loan and see - too early to be writing him off.

Point is, even Dressing Room presence matters. The reason why Valencia is still important, and needs to be kept happy is that he is a significant figure in the Dressing Room. And the atmosphere there impacts games lot more.

Don't get me wrong, we need to clear the dross, but you can't just dump every player out, and replace them all. You need backups, you need rotation. And youth can't immediately come in and be rotation. It's the ideal scenario, yes, but not always feasible.

Because, Z, you just named 9 players of a squad of 25, and said you still missed some. ****, even FM punishes you for clearing that many players in one go. Honestly? I'd give Pereira and Young one more chance. Periera is still very young, and Young offers a lot of versatility, and honestly, hasn't been half bad. Plus, McTominay, give him a loan and see - too early to be writing him off.

Point is, even Dressing Room presence matters. The reason why Valencia is still important, and needs to be kept happy is that he is a significant figure in the Dressing Room. And the atmosphere there impacts games lot more.

Don't get me wrong, we need to clear the dross, but you can't just dump every player out, and replace them all. You need backups, you need rotation. And youth can't immediately come in and be rotation. It's the ideal scenario, yes, but not always feasible.

I take your point it is a fair amount of players but most of them are near end of contract anyway. I don't think any are worth renewing in all honesty. I like Young and Valencia over the years, they have been decent players but it's time to say good bye. Both are past it, they are not even good enough to be good cover for a run of games now in my opinion. Especially Valencia anyway, I just don't see what he offers anymore that most RB's can't do.

I wasn't talking about your list of out's ZZ, I was talking about anyone whose losing their **** over a slow-tempo performance in a dead lunch-time atmosphere with a second string XI.

I take your point it is a fair amount of players but most of them are near end of contract anyway. I don't think any are worth renewing in all honesty. I like Young and Valencia over the years, they have been decent players but it's time to say good bye. Both are past it, they are not even good enough to be good cover for a run of games now in my opinion. Especially Valencia anyway, I just don't see what he offers anymore that most RB's can't do.

Agree on Valencia but Young's definitely good enough for cover. Covers multiple positions, hasn't lost any notable yards of pace, still beats men 1v1, good crosser/set pieces and is decent defensively. Is also extremely well thought of in the dressing room, the squad DJ lol. Can't underrate team harmony & morale. That on top of his experience, variety of positions and most importantly, the fact seems happy to be a squad player is good enough for me to play until his legs are done. But Dalot & Shaw definitely need to be the starters going in to 2019/20.

Last edited:
Back