The Manchester United Thread

Lukaku and Sanchez start against reading Ole confirms. Pogba very unlikely as he is suffering after the Shelvey challenge. Smalling, Rojo, Fellaini also out.

OGS has not spoken to @ManUtd about future: "When I came in, they were open and honest about the process of looking for the next manager. The more you are here, the more you enjoy it. When they announce the next manager, good luck to them."

OGS on transfer window: "I am sure they have targets. I am here to voice my opinion. I am sure we will sit down if they have anything in the pipeline."

Solskjaer warns his Man Utd players their four-day mid-season trip to Dubai is "not a holiday" as he aims to get them even fitter for the second half of the season #MUFC

Last edited:
OGS has not spoken to @ManUtd about future: "When I came in, they were open and honest about the process of looking for the next manager. The more you are here, the more you enjoy it. When they announce the next manager, good luck to them."

OGS on transfer window: "I am sure they have targets. I am here to voice my opinion. I am sure we will sit down if they have anything in the pipeline."

The Ole situation is concerning.
He has been suprisingly good.
If he continues with this style and confidense, maybe lose some 3-4 games, but go down swinging. He is doing amazingly but with the team, fans love and good old "until last blood drop" style back. But still United will trigger finger some other manager like Zidane or someone else and that does not work out or takes a lot of time. No idea how hard this can backfire for the team and fan.
United board making right decision will be interesting watch.

The Ole situation is concerning.
He has been suprisingly good.
If he continues with this style and confidense, maybe lose some 3-4 games, but go down swinging. He is doing amazingly but with the team, fans love and good old "until last blood drop" style back. But still United will trigger finger some other manager like Zidane or someone else and that does not work out or takes a lot of time. No idea how hard this can backfire for the team and fan.
United board making right decision will be interesting watch.

Far too early to judge ole though in my opinion, the true test is Spurs and that run of tough fixtures in February. I don't really want the club to take a gamble, next season is too crucial, but unless it's Pochettino we're getting you could make the case that anyone else would be anyway.

Hole we see Chong tomorrow, we need a player like him so badly to blossom on that right-hand side. Sick of seeing makeshift players like Mata there not offering enough and just making us narrow. Also one other thing about mata, he's a nice person but his work-rate is nowhere near that of someone like Bernardo Silva or even David Silva.

From Stoney BBC: New arrivals not been entirely ruled out by @ManUtd this month but it is unlikely. Club dubious whether teams would sell players they would want mid-season.

Not the confirmed squad but who has been seen at the Lowry. Greenwood and Gomes have knocks apparently(MEN) but once again not confirmed!

At the Hotel

Goalkeepers (2): Sergio Romero, Lee Grant
Defenders (5): Diogo Dalot, Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Matteo Darmian
Midfielders (5): James Garner, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Marouane Fellaini, Fred
Forwards (6): Juan Mata, Alexis Sanchez, Tahith Chong, Marcus Rashford, Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial

Confirmed 11:
Romero
Dalot Darmian Jones Young
McTominay
Fred Andreas
Mata Lukaku Sanchez

Subs, Grant, Lindelof, Rashford, Martial, Fellaini, Garner, Chong

Mata :( Should of used Chong on the right, perfect game for him. Bit disappointed with that lineup I'll be honest, that CB partnership is awful.

Mata :( Should of used Chong on the right, perfect game for him. Bit disappointed with that lineup I'll be honest, that CB partnership is awful.
Lol. What’s to be disappointed with? We have no fit CBs what did you expect? Chong was never gonna start he’s been injured for weeks and not long been training again. Perfectly good team imo with players neededing game time. Enjoy it mate it Reading and under Ole have full confidence to see a few goals today. Chong and Garner will get mins also :)

Not you Zz but the negativity regarding the line up is fecking mind boggling ffs some people! Jose no rotation policy means Ole has to give players mins to get on side and keep squad happy. And it’s a full strength Reading team in the competition we realistically have a chance of wining. And some fans want 6/7 youngsters to start :O

Last edited:
Lol. What’s to be disappointed with? We have no fit CBs what did you expect? Chong was never gonna start he’s been injured for weeks and not long been training again. Perfectly good team imo with players neededing game time. Enjoy it mate it Reading and under Ole have full confidence to see a few goals today. Chong and Garner will get mins also :)

To me this just shows how much deadwood we need to get rid of because our squad is too bloated and we need to be seeing more youth in games like this. Not players we don't even want here anymore like Darmian. I take that we don't have a CB available, but why we couldn't get someone like Ro-Shaun Williams from the youth? much more beneficial than using Darmian or Jones in this game. Players like Roshaun are 20 already so he's not exactly a kid anymore either.

I definitely wanted to see Chong today, why we are playing Mata again he's ****** awful on that right side and today was our only chance to see him from the start in a game most likely.

To me this just shows how much deadwood we need to get rid of because our squad is too bloated and we need to be seeing more youth in games like this. Not players we don't even want here anymore like Darmian. I take that we don't have a CB available, but why we couldn't get someone like Ro-Shaun Williams from the youth? much more beneficial than using Darmian or Jones in this game. Players like Roshaun are 20 already so he's not exactly a kid anymore either.

I definitely wanted to see Chong today, why we are playing Mata again he's ****** awful on that right side and today was our only chance to see him from the start in a game most likely.
Yeah we do have to much deadwood but Ole has still got to keep the squad together and happy. Periera, McTominey, Garner, Chong, Dalot is enough youth for me. Darmian a good defender don’t see the problem tbh. RoShaun can’t play as the u23s have an important game to get them promotion back to the u23 premier league. Also we have a few injuries at that level hence why he’s not being risked. Like I said it’s Reading and Mata is more than good enough to start. Then let Chong come on when the games won, and get some mins after a long lay off. Chillax mate ;)

Yeah we do have to much deadwood but Ole has still got to keep the squad together and happy. Periera, McTominey, Garner, Chong, Dalot is enough youth for me. Darmian a good defender don’t see the problem tbh. RoShaun can’t play as the u23s have an important game to get them promotion back to the u23 premier league. Also we have a few injuries at that level hence why he’s not being risked. Like I said it’s Reading and Mata is more than good enough to start. Then let Chong come on when the games won, and get some mins after a long lay off. Chillax mate ;)

Tbh my biggest worry about this is not seeing Valencia in the squad, does that mean he's resting him for next week vs Spurs?? God hope not. :(

Tbh my biggest worry about this is not seeing Valencia in the squad, does that mean he's resting him for next week vs Spurs?? God hope not. :(
Yeah I think his best days are behind him. But defending wise he’s still got it. Will be him or Young against Spurs no doubt.

Back