The Manchester United Thread

I don't really want us to totally follow Klopp anyway because in my opinion he took a season or two too long to get those players out before making the much needed additions you needed from the start of his reign. Such as goalkeeper and centre-back, which pretty much backs up what I'm saying.

Not everyone has pools of money. Couthino money kicked the progress go faster. And sometimes rather wait for the right players than risk getting someone who does not fit.

The manager has to go!!
A club like ours just cant sit on our hands and let this bullshit continue? Five wins out of five against relegation fodder is just not good enough!!
The REAL Manchester United under Fergie would have gotten at least 7 wins out of 5!!

I'm out.

How on earth is me talking about the performance in any way relating to what you just posted? What shall I say then? That was a brilliant performance and we should of battered them 5-0!!!!! I'm a realist mate, I knew Rooney was done years before some people in here were still saying, keep him, keep him, season after season!

If you guys want to keep everyone and experience same problems again next season, fine that's your opinion. I've seen enough of some of these players under 3 or 4 different managers that I know they are not good enough for past it now. Lets waste another season seeing the same old mediocrity if you want, Pochettino can't turn Jones into a reliable defender, no one can. He can't make Valencia 5 years younger either.

Also appreciate if you don't twist my words as well, how have I even criticised the manager at all? Even if we win I don't have to be deluded over the performance, most sensible fans knew we didn't play well against Reading, but we got the win. It just opened my eyes to the deadwood this squad has had for a long time.

Last edited:
Godin wouldn't of been good now at this age in PL will struggle with the intensity week after week. Manolas with a £34m release clause is about the best you could do in January and I'm not really a fan of that either. Kind of expecting Manolas to be signed by Arsenal to partner Sokratis.

Godin wouldn't of been good now at this age in PL will struggle with the intensity week after week. Manolas with a £34m release clause is about the best you could do in January and I'm not really a fan of that either. Kind of expecting Manolas to be signed by Arsenal to partner Sokratis.
Dont want Manolas if people think Rojo and Bailly are reckless then.....

Bar getting Koulibaly or Varane (very unlikely) there simply isn’t the top class ready made CBs out there maybe except Toby. So we either stick with what we have and try to develop a Bailly + Lindelof partnership. Or go with the potential next best thing like Milenkovic, Skrinrar, De Ligt, Ramagnoli and hope they live up to potential.

Then an you could argue that if that’s the case why not give Tuanzebe or RoShaun a shot and save the cash. Need to get it right either way

Last edited:
#MUWomen team to face London Bees in today's @FAWC_ match (kick-off 14:00 GMT):

Chamberlain; Harris, M. Turner, Greenwood (c), Smith; Zelem, Toone, Green; Hanson, Arnot, Devlin.

Subs: Palmer, Sigsworth, Hartley, Ramsey, Roberts, James.

Great start to the New Year for the women. 1-0 up after 90 seconds. Mollie Green shot rebounds off the post. Then Devlin slots home the rebound. London Bees was the only league team we lost to in the first round of fixtures.

2-0 after 29 mins. Great training ground free kick involving some lovely one touch passing for Ella Toone to tap him the finish. Could of been 6 the amount of shots hit the woodwork or cleared off the line.

3-0 great run by Kirsty Hanson down the left. Lizzie Arnot with a simple tap in at the far post. 40 mins gone

4-0 Kirsty Hanson wins the ball from good pressing. Slots it to Mollie Green who slams it past the keeper. 42 mins.

Last edited:
5-0 Devlin after being put through by sub Lauren Janes. 57 mins.

6-0. Great defence splitting pass from deep by James. Hanson squares it for Toone to grab a second of the game. 66 mins.

7-0. Devlin with a good through ball for James to slot it past the keeper. 68 mins.

8-0. Great one touch passing. Toone gets it wide passes it inside to James who drills home her second. 72 mins.

9-0. Zelem from the spot. That’s now our biggest home score this season so far :) 78 mins.

9-0 FT :)

Last edited:
Out of curiosity Z, who would you bring in, realistically, for those that you have mentioned?

Pereira -

Fellaini -

McTominay -

Sanchez -

Young -

Mata -

Darmian -

Jones -

Out of curiosity Z, who would you bring in, realistically, for those that you have mentioned?

Pereira -

Fellaini -

McTominay -

Sanchez -

Young -

Mata -

Darmian -

Jones -

These might not be like for like exactly but as you asked it's what I'd do: -

Pereira - Angel Gomes (it's a missed opportunity with Pereira it looks like, I don't want him to go but he wants out due to lack of first team minutes).

Fellaini - N'Dembele/N'Didi (WWhen Matic doesn't play we need someone industrious to sit in that midfield and set the tempo)>

McTominay - Promote another youth player or keep one of TFM/Tuanzebe in first team next season. They are not CM's but can cover different positions.

Sanchez - Get a Right Winger like Carrasco (apparently available?), keep Chong in first team to compete for that right side spot next season.

Young - I've thought about this more and think he deserves one more season because he can cover LB fairly well. bin Valencia though.

Mata - I don't think we need a direct replacement for Mata, he plays on the right and I've addressed that in other players. Pogba free role goes into no.10.

Darmian -/Valencia - Dalot first teamer but get a more competent RB instead of Valencia to compete for the spot. Not sure off the top of my head.

Jones - Too error prone and many niggly injuries. Get Koulibaly the only commanding CB out there we can get that will have an impact on and off the pitch.

------------------

All in all I'm just saying that we need to get rid of deadwood and replace them with more competent options to compete with youth we should be pushing through and other players like Dalot net season rather than Valencia.

Make 3 good squad additions like N'Dembele to bolster the midfield if we get rid of McTomiinay/Fellaini and add some industry. Get a proper right winger (Carrasco was just a realistic one that sprang to mind but there are others) and bin Sanchez/Mata who we always try to shoehorn into this side. Promote Chong to offer competition on that right side and promote Gomes to replace Pereira. Bin Valencia as he offers nothing on that right side and we need a more competent RB going forward to compete with Dalot for that spot. I'm not totally convinced by the names I mentioned above for the RB spot, but we just need someone who is decent all round and they'll be an improvement on this Valencia.

Finally, my 1 world-class signing and high value would be Koulibaly because he is the only guy that could improve our defence and add some much needed leadership on/off the field.

--------------------------

Last edited:
Carrasco is poopoo lol. Stinking it up in China or somewhere atm. Just promote Chong :) I would only be interested in getting rid of Jones, Rojo, Darmian and Valencia and loan out Mctominay

To be fair to McTominay he's not that bad. At least he works hard and always looks to get the ball forward. IMO the squad players are just as important as the first 11 in this league. Throughout the PL era our title winning squads have been built on the fact that we had squad players good enough to step in for certain games and do a job, allowing key players to rest. Especially over busy periods like Christmas and the last half of the season when we also have cups to play for.

I see McTominay as the new Fletcher. Not the best but works hard and more than adequate to come in and do a job. Plus he's a product of the academy and free. It would make no sense to replace him or players like him that are there purely as squad players and to come in and do a job when they are free players and know their place within the squad and are happy.

Over the years if we didnt have those players like McTominay, Fletcher, O'Shea, Brown, **** and P. Neville and loads of others coming in and doing a job, allowing us to spend on quality starters, we wouldnt have won half of what we have. Even more so in todays market. How much are you looking now for a player of their quality just to sit on the bench and play 10 games a season? I agree we should be replacing any squad players leaving with the best of our youth, but getting rid of the youth already here and doing a good enough job on face value doesnt make any sense.

Would be looking to offload the 2 back up keepers also in the summer! And Fellaini.

Think Demi Mitchell is more than good enough to be a back up to Shaw from now on. Was fantastic last season getting just as much praise as Tierney in the Scottish media. Even started this loan off in the same vain till injury.

Would be worth giving Mata a new deal just to keep DDG happy :)

You know Steve I fully agree with you squad players are just as important but I don't think ours are good enough that's why I want rid. However I do see the obvious benefit of a player McTominay he is homegrown and I would usually be reluctant to let him go. But when you see the amount of talent that we have coming through I just don't see what he offers well enough to make it at United. Sure he works hard, but that's the least I'd expect really.

----

TOD yeh to be fair Carrasco was just a name that popped in my head that I heard recently might be available. He's not someone I said with any certainty, but we definitely need a right winger competing with Chong for that spot. Sanchez isn't filling that so get rid I say, his wages are too high and Martial should always be on the left. he doesn't seem to be the same player of a few seasons ago either sadly, he was great for Arsenal.

You know Steve I fully agree with you squad players are just as important but I don't think ours are good enough that's why I want rid. However I do see the obvious benefit of a player McTominay he is homegrown and I would usually be reluctant to let him go. But when you see the amount of talent that we have coming through I just don't see what he offers well enough to make it at United. Sure he works hard, but that's the least I'd expect really.

----

TOD yeh to be fair Carrasco was just a name that popped in my head that I heard recently might be available. He's not someone I said with any certainty, but we definitely need a right winger competing with Chong for that spot. Sanchez isn't filling that so get rid I say, his wages are too high and Martial should always be on the left. he doesn't seem to be the same player of a few seasons ago either sadly, he was great for Arsenal.
Wouldnt write off Sanchez yet imo. Need to see him after a little run under Ole. He still looks to have the energy and enthusiasm and has tried to make things happen the last 2 games. 2 assists in 2 games after long lay off is a good return. Nearly more than what he achieved through his whole spell under Mourinho.

Spanish newspaper Super Deporte report on Monday that the young footballer, who’s just turned 16 years of age, is on the verge of signing for Manchester United.
Reaching the age milestone, Corral is now able to sign a professional contract and he’s told his current club, Villarreal, that it won’t be with them. The Yellow Submarines were informed on January 5th, just a day after the player turned sixteen.
Super Deporte say the player is signing for Manchester United and moving to the Old Trafford club’s youth system.
It’s explained that Villarreal can now expect training compensation for the four years which Corral spent with them.
The youngster plays either as a left back or a central defender on the left side.
In October he was called up for Spain’s U16 squad to take part in training.

Back