The Manchester United Thread

TOD you said Mitchell has been brilliant and getting Tierney-esque hype in Scotland, but I've been told by Hearts fans that he started well and has been pants since/for most of his 2nd spell before injury and Garuccio been better? Good going forward but a liability defensively. Have you watched a lot of their games lately?

Last edited:
TOD you said Mitchell has been brilliant and getting Tierney-esque hype in Scotland, but I've been told by Hearts fans that he started well and has been pants since/for most of his 2nd spell before injury and Garuccio been better? Good going forward but a liability defensively. Have you watched a lot of their games lately?
More last season start of this. Knew he got injured. He would still be good enough for back up imo.

I watched Mitchell enough in his loan spells at Hearts. What makes you think he couldn’t play a full match in the Prem?

The SPL is a third-rate league in comparison?

And that’s being polite to the semi-pro standard in Scotland that wouldn’t look out of place in League One/ Two down here.

very positive reaction from the Hearts fans.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/174782-demetri-mitchell/

1-1 draw shame to concede in the 95th minute. Happy to get another man of the match

3 MOTM awards he’s already received in the 1st month he’s been on loan. Impressive stuff (Hearts fan on Reddit)

Jheeeze another win through to the quarter finals! What a feeling to get my first goal And also buzzing with a fourth man of the match

https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status/962651471253852160?s=21

Checked Hearts forum, they just love him and many think they can't get him for one more season as he will have better clubs lined up for him.

Hi guys, Hearts fan here and apologies for bumping an old thread, but couldn't see anything more recent regarding Demetri Mitchell's return to Tynecastle for another season on loan.

If you're not already aware, then the Hearts forums were absolutely buzzing when the deal was officially confirmed yesterday. He made an instant impression on us when he arrived last season, not just because of his undoubted talent, but also his attitude and commitment. We had been struggling on the left side of the pitch and Demi made an instant improvement. Unfortunately, his injury restricted him to just 11 performances, but the difference he made to us was clear to see.

I watched his interview on Hearts TV yesterday after the announcement and it is clear that he loved his time up here almost as much as we loved having him. His attitude appears to be spot on, and I guess that's to be expected as he's come through your Academy system, where talent alone isn't enough to succeed if the attitude isn't right.

One thing that really endeared him to our fans was that Demi signed up to pledge to the Foundation of Hearts. FOH is a fans body with over 8k members who make monthly contributions and have an agreement with the club's current owner to purchase a controlling shareholding in Hearts. We are on track to achieve this before the end of next season. The fact that a player who was only with us on a 6 month loan deal chose to sign-up was massively appreciated.

I'm hoping Demi has a cracking season for us, and you get a player back who is ready to make his mark in your first team squad. The standard of football up here often takes a knock in the English media, but it's a lot better than some give it credit for and the SPL is shaping up to be a very competitive league this season.

I really hope the lad goes on to enjoy great success at United and me and my fellow Hearts fans will be rooting for him all the way

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....emetri-mitchell-on-season-long-loan-1-4791227

The SPL is a third-rate league in comparison?

And that’s being polite to the semi-pro standard in Scotland that wouldn’t look out of place in League One/ Two down here.
Obviously it’s not Prem standard. But to suggest he wouldn’t be able to play 90 mins is a bit weird imo. The lads as fit as anything, has a good attitude and temperament and is talented. Really don’t see what the problem is. Shaw is gonna be starter. And to get someone in to be a rotation player ain’t gonna be cheap. When I think he’s good enough to do that anyway. Plus we will still have Young also. FB really ain’t a priority for me.

We also have O’Connor that **** says could be a future captain and is getting round the national team. And 2 lads that are gonna be promoted and are majorly hyped by ****, Ryan and McKenna in Williams and especially Laird coming through.

I think the point wasn’t about fitness but the massive standard differential between standing out in Scotland and England.

But I might have read it wrong.

I think the point wasn’t about fitness but the massive standard differential between standing out in Scotland and England.

Yeah I’m sure that’s what Mike meant. But look at Peters for Spurs he handles the English game just fine. And for me Mitchell is ahead of him in all aspects of a player.

Yeah I’m sure that’s what Mike meant. But look at Peters for Spurs he handles the English game just fine. And for me Mitchell is ahead of him in all aspects of a player.

Clearly cant make this kind of statement without seeing him on pitch of a PL game. KWP is very good player also played for u20 for world cup.

Yeah I meant quality. It's not the same standard of ability and he will need a lot more consistency than he has now

whether is Ole or Poch, both styles of play demand high attacking full backs. Which means we need two starters and two competition/back up

Right now we have Shaw - Young/Dalot who should be here next season. So you either need a right back or a left back. And they need to be at worst, as good as Dalot. None of our current rest are

Clearly cant make this kind of statement without seeing him on pitch of a PL game. KWP is very good player also played for u20 for world cup.
I watched Demi since he signed and was way more highly rated in the national setup than Peters. There was big hype around Demi he was a LW at the time before injury then got moved to LB. Did very well at u23 level at LB. Demi also has been good on loan and Tour with Utd. Obviously your right we need to see him on the pitch in the Prem. But he deserves a shot. Demi was also a player for England who won the u17s Euro in 2014. And represented England through all age levels except senior. Also won our player of the year at u23 level twice I think.

Mike you have basically just described Mitchell. A highly attacking fullback converted from a top young winger. Who scores goals and gets assists.

You can’t say he’s not good enough we don’t know. But the lad has the ability to be and should at least have a shot.

Last edited:
All those reviews are from last febuary, nothing from this season? He was bollocked by Levin after his sending off last time i saw him..

All those reviews are from last febuary, nothing from this season? He was bollocked by Levin after his sending off last time i saw him..

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetic, sans-serif]From Sept 18:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
As promised, here's my update following Demi's first appearance of the season for us today.

Last season he played more as a left wing back. He carried out that role well, but always looked like he had more to offer going forward than in defence.

Today, Demi played in an attacking role on the left, with a fairly attacking left back behind him, and they combined well when going forward and caused our opponents, St Mirren, no end of problems.

To be fair, St Mirren were poor, but Demi looked a class above them and to coin an old phrase, their right back must have had twisted blood by the time Demi left the field.

The game was over by half time as we went in 4-1 up. It could have been more, and Demi came close to scoring a spectacular goal, only to see a brilliant overhead kick come off the bar.

He was substituted after an hour, with the game well and truly won, and left the pitch to a great ovation from the home support. He might have been a contender for MoM, but that rightly went to Steven Naismith, who scored a hat trick and assisted our other goal.

We're now sitting top of the league with 4 wins from 4 this season, including a win over Celtic, so the whole vibe about the club at the moment is tremendous. I'm looking forward to our next game, away to Motherwell in a couple of weeks time after the international break. Hopefully Demi can put in another sparkling performance and help us to another 3 points.

Hi guys, another update on Demi following our 1-0 win away to Motherwell today, a result that now puts us 5 points clear at the top of the mickey mouse Scottish league
clear.png

We set up with a back 4 today, with Demi playing left back, so we didn't see as much of him in an attacking sense. Motherwell seemed to target us down that side probably hoping to exploit any defensive weakness in Demi's game, but he was solid enough if not spectacular. Motherwell like to shell balls into the box and feed off the second ball, and I was a bit worried that as well as Demi at LB, our two CBs were aged 20 and 21, but our defence coped excellently.

Demi did manage to make the odd foray forward, especially in the second half when we eventually reverted to a back 3 which allowed him to get forward more, and he carved out a decent chance which was well saved. He also showed a couple of moments of outrageous skill, one of which I will need to see in a slomo replay to work out what he actually did, his feet are just too quick watching in real time.

Overall, probably a 7.5/10 performance today. Our next 3 games are at home, 2 league matches with a league cup tie in between, and I'd expect we'll play Demi in a more attacking role in these games.

Theres a load of reports like this on hearts Forums. Or Hearts fans posting on red cafe​
[/FONT]

I saw my mate the other day,
He said to me he saw the colored Pele,
So I asked, who is he?
He goes by the name of Demi Mitchell,
Demi Mitchell, Demi Mitchell,
He goes by the name of Demi Mitchell...

Surely there are more contender than just Pochettino or Ole Mike? I take your point but I'm a bit worried about us giving ole it full-time. Maybe I'll be convinced if we do well against some tougher opposition.

This is always the problem with appointing fan favourite caretaker manager until end of season, everyone gets excited and suddenly think he's the man long-term. Problem is that it is a totally different pressure, different scenario and everything will be heightened at start of next season.

I'm not saying right or wrong, but I'm just not yet keen on the idea of Ole as permanent manager, it's just a recipe for disaster and I don't want us to be in a position where his status is tarnished. He doesn't deserve it.

Lets be honest it would of been nigh impossible for things to not get better so far no matter who came in after Mourinho. IO'll reserve judgement until we've played teams above us.

Back