The Manchester United Thread

Pogba gone to me up with the squad today :) great to see Sanchez training normal and not injured. Also Ole doing a lot of work with Rashford, Lingard, Martial. Front 3 against Spurs it looks like.

Last edited:
At Villa Park
Kick off at 7 pm
Live on MUTV Utd u23s

Lineup:

Kovar
Oconner-Poole-Roshaun-Tanner
Whelan-Hamilton-Barlow
Dearnley-Burkart-Bohui

Bench: Fjioticek, Warren, Mellor, Levitt, Ercolani

Levitt and Mellor promoted for the first time. Standouts in the squad are Kovar, O’Connor, Roshaun, Barlow, Burkart, Warren, Levitt, Bohui. A win sees us go top.

1-0 Villa corner and Kovar gets caught under the ball with a poor attempted punch. Easy header for there STR.

1-1 HT. Burkart with the equaliser. Kid just scored for fun.

Lost 5-1. Went to **** after getting soft red early in the second half. Ref went absolutely bonkers booking Utd players left right and centre. Very disappointing result despite being down to 10!

Last edited:
Pochettino's comments a bit odd, don't know what to make of them really.

I read it like that also but then BBC made a title of them same quotes saying Pochettino could spend 20 years at Spurs.
Yeah that ain’t gonna happen lol. The whole thing is just trying to put Pressure on Levy to change his ways. Again not gonna happen.

These might not be like for like exactly but as you asked it's what I'd do: -

Pereira - Angel Gomes (it's a missed opportunity with Pereira it looks like, I don't want him to go but he wants out due to lack of first team minutes).

Fellaini - N'Dembele/N'Didi (WWhen Matic doesn't play we need someone industrious to sit in that midfield and set the tempo)>

McTominay - Promote another youth player or keep one of TFM/Tuanzebe in first team next season. They are not CM's but can cover different positions.

Sanchez - Get a Right Winger like Carrasco (apparently available?), keep Chong in first team to compete for that right side spot next season.

Young - I've thought about this more and think he deserves one more season because he can cover LB fairly well. bin Valencia though.

Mata - I don't think we need a direct replacement for Mata, he plays on the right and I've addressed that in other players. Pogba free role goes into no.10.

Darmian -/Valencia - Dalot first teamer but get a more competent RB instead of Valencia to compete for the spot. Not sure off the top of my head.

Jones - Too error prone and many niggly injuries. Get Koulibaly the only commanding CB out there we can get that will have an impact on and off the pitch.

------------------

All in all I'm just saying that we need to get rid of deadwood and replace them with more competent options to compete with youth we should be pushing through and other players like Dalot net season rather than Valencia.

Make 3 good squad additions like N'Dembele to bolster the midfield if we get rid of McTomiinay/Fellaini and add some industry. Get a proper right winger (Carrasco was just a realistic one that sprang to mind but there are others) and bin Sanchez/Mata who we always try to shoehorn into this side. Promote Chong to offer competition on that right side and promote Gomes to replace Pereira. Bin Valencia as he offers nothing on that right side and we need a more competent RB going forward to compete with Dalot for that spot. I'm not totally convinced by the names I mentioned above for the RB spot, but we just need someone who is decent all round and they'll be an improvement on this Valencia.

Finally, my 1 world-class signing and high value would be Koulibaly because he is the only guy that could improve our defence and add some much needed leadership on/off the field.

--------------------------

Pereira - Angel Gomes (it's a missed opportunity with Pereira it looks like, I don't want him to go but he wants out due to lack of first team minutes). Gomes is a very different type of player to AP, and AP still hasnt left, we should be keeping both

Fellaini - N'Dembele/N'Didi (WWhen Matic doesn't play we need someone industrious to sit in that midfield and set the tempo)> Fellaini can go

McTominay - Promote another youth player or keep one of TFM/Tuanzebe in first team next season. They are not CM's but can cover different positions. - This makes absolutely no sense. Completely different positions entirely

Sanchez - Get a Right Winger like Carrasco (apparently available?), keep Chong in first team to compete for that right side spot next season. - No, simply no, Chong isn't anywhere near Sanchez, and Carrasco is absolutely pony

Young - I've thought about this more and think he deserves one more season because he can cover LB fairly well. bin Valencia though. - Definitely keep Young

Mata - I don't think we need a direct replacement for Mata, he plays on the right and I've addressed that in other players. Pogba free role goes into no.10. - again terrible idea. All you achieve here is shrinking the squad, we don't have any other players like Mata. Forcing Pogba to 10 equally weakens CM as well

Darmian -/Valencia - Dalot first teamer but get a more competent RB instead of Valencia to compete for the spot. Not sure off the top of my head. - Young and Dalot are fine, but we probably need one more full back either left or right as cover, (two per position)

Jones - Too error prone and many niggly injuries. Get Koulibaly the only commanding CB out there we can get that will have an impact on and off the pitch - Sold for a top level experienced defender

No need to sign a FB. Shaw, Dalot, Young, TFM, Mitchell are more and good enough. Sign a top CB get the manager situation right and we will be ready. Maybe a CM but not a necessity.

No need to sign a FB. Shaw, Dalot, Young, TFM, Mitchell are more and good enough. Sign a top CB get the manager situation right and we will be ready. Maybe a CM but not a necessity.

TFM is terrible going forwards and Mitchell isnt ready for the first team

Carrasco just came into my head, it was a bad name to even mention, I did say it later in my post. I don't know any RW's who are even available but there must be someone. Last few games with Mata on the right have been a joke, no width.

Last edited:
TFM is terrible going forwards and Mitchell isnt ready for the first team
TFM has great pace and can get forward has defo shown glimpses of that. Tbh O’Connor should be ahead of Mensah at RB. Dalot and Young and the rest I mentioned are more than enough. And Mitchell is way more than ready to be back up to Shaw!

If he does go then we defo need a CM! We should be keeping him imo.

Athletic Bilbao confirm interest in re-signing Ander Herrera, whose deal at #mufc expires in June. Athletic sporting director Rafael Alkorta: "We are interested in Javi Martínez, Ibai, Ander Herrera, [Fernando] Llorente... we're interested in all of them."

Sir Alex Ferguson made a rousing speech to United players after being invited to speak by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. He told the lads they will make United dominant again. (source: Neil Custis) #MUFC

Club source: “He (Sir Alex) told the lads that this group will make United dominant and successful again. He said that he believes in them and he wants them to enjoy themselves and to fight hard for each other and leave everything on the pitch.” #MUFC

Club source: “He (Sir Alex) also told them that the club is in good hands and he promised them that it will become bigger and better in the years to come and they will be part of this success. The players believe that there are some good times ahead.” #MUFC

Love the man! :)

If he does go then we defo need a CM! We should be keeping him imo.

Athletic Bilbao confirm interest in re-signing Ander Herrera, whose deal at #mufc expires in June. Athletic sporting director Rafael Alkorta: "We are interested in Javi Martínez, Ibai, Ander Herrera, [Fernando] Llorente... we're interested in all of them."

Herrera would definitely be kept, he's more important to us than Mata now imo. I honestly don't see why people think Mata is still so important for United, we only see him to makeshift certain positions. If we persist with Valencia and Mata on the right vs Spurs, god help us!

Carrasco just came into my head, it was a bad name to even mention, I did say it later in my post. I don't know any RW's who are even available but there must be someone. Last few games with Mata on the right have been a joke, no width.

You realise Mata is being asked to drift in narrow right? And float in the half space. He's doing his job very well. Not his fault Valencia can't get forward exploit the full back being dragged away by Mata

TFM has great pace and can get forward has defo shown glimpses of that. Tbh O’Connor should be ahead of Mensah at RB. Dalot and Young and the rest I mentioned are more than enough. And Mitchell is way more than ready to be back up to Shaw!

He's got zero delivery. And could Mitchell play in a prem game full 90 minutes? No. So he's not ready.

He's got zero delivery. And could Mitchell play in a prem game full 90 minutes? No. So he's not ready.
I watched Mitchell enough in his loan spells at Hearts. What makes you think he couldn’t play a full match in the Prem?

Back