The Manchester United Thread

Why has Nagelsmann not been mentioned for United? Imo better than Marco Rose and he would be a good fit. I know he has signed a pre-contract with a club for the summer in Bundesliga, but according to someone who spoke about it on twitter, it doesn't mean that he can't join someone else like us if we act before then.

Why has Nagelsmann not been mentioned for United? Imo better than Marco Rose and he would be a good fit. I know he has signed a pre-contract with a club for the summer in Bundesliga, but according to someone who spoke about it on twitter, it doesn't mean that he can't join someone else like us if we act before then.

Didint he have pre contract with RB Leipzig to start from 2019/20

Didint he have pre contract with RB Leipzig to start from 2019/20

Yeah but apparently it's not binding until the summer when he joins them? That's what I'm led to believe anyway. If another club wanted to get him they could.

Last edited:
Surely there are more contender than just Pochettino or Ole Mike? I take your point but I'm a bit worried about us giving ole it full-time. Maybe I'll be convinced if we do well against some tougher opposition.

This is always the problem with appointing fan favourite caretaker manager until end of season, everyone gets excited and suddenly think he's the man long-term. Problem is that it is a totally different pressure, different scenario and everything will be heightened at start of next season.

I'm not saying right or wrong, but I'm just not yet keen on the idea of Ole as permanent manager, it's just a recipe for disaster and I don't want us to be in a position where his status is tarnished. He doesn't deserve it.

Lets be honest it would of been nigh impossible for things to not get better so far no matter who came in after Mourinho. IO'll reserve judgement until we've played teams above us.
Tbh it sounds like you've already made your mind up ole despite him only having 5 games so far...

We've only beaten teams we should, terrible manager, needs to play better. Fake Wins OLE OUT.

We've only beaten teams we should, terrible manager, needs to play better. Fake Wins OLE OUT.

Seeing genuine bloke like Ole is a nice feel-good replacement after Mourinho and his permanent bitchface. But the truth is that Ole has been coaching for 10 years and it can barely even be called a career, apart from 2 trophies in a farmers league almost a decade ago.

Tbh it sounds like you've already made your mind up ole despite him only having 5 games so far...

On the contrary, too many United fans are getting ahead of themselves thinking suddenly that Ole should be permanent manager. Are they crazy? I get the sentimental aspect but this job is massive and he wasn't in contention to be permanent manager at the start, so why now? We need someone with credentials and we can't just take another dive in the ocean.

On the contrary, too many United fans are getting ahead of themselves thinking suddenly that Ole should be permanent manager. Are they crazy? I get the sentimental aspect but this job is massive and he wasn't in contention to be permanent manager at the start, so why now? We need someone with credentials and we can't just take another dive in the ocean.

I agree, but on the other hand Guardiola and Zidane didn't have any credentials either at one point. You never know.

[FONT=&quot]#MUWomen team to face West Ham in tonight's #ContiCup tie (kick-off 19:00 GMT):[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chamberlain; Harris, A.Turner, M.Turner, Smith; Green, Zelem, Greenwood (c); James, Arnot, Sigsworth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Subs: Palmer, Toone, Hartley, Ramsey, Roberts, Devlin, Hanson.[/FONT]

I agree, but on the other hand Guardiola and Zidane didn't have any credentials either at one point. You never know.

True mate, I think so far he has one very well, but the real tests are coming soon with Spurs/PSG etc.

Get in! 1-0 Utd. Great run by Lauren James down the left. Leaves the FB with a great piece of skill. Whips in a great cross for Mollie Green to tap home at the near post.

Been a good of high tempo match so far. WHU clearly a level above anything we have come across. Really hard work so far. Will be a good bearer of where we will stand if promoted.

1-0 HT. Nearly had a couple more. But Chamberlain pullingvoff a point blank worldie kept us in front just before HT.

Last edited:

And lots of United fans think it's too early. You're once again worrying for absolutely no reason

Women finished 2-0. Great win against top opposition. Bring on the Semi.

Times just reported that Herrera and Mata are likely to stay :)

Few things from the presser:

Pogba and Sanchez both fit for Spurs. Rojo has gone back to Argentina for a while as he is struggling to get over his injury. Smalling out but should be start training this week. Also confirmed that the club are in negotiations with Young, Mata, Herrera, Pereira about new deals.

Back