The Manchester United Thread

Is it a coincidence Rojo is always injured when transfer window is open? Professional footballer and he has played like 2 games this season so far maximum. What even is his injury or is it just called 'stealing a living'. Should be one of the first gone in the summer.

ACADEMY NEWS: United will be sending an eleven man squad to the U/19 Sparkasse & VGH Cup in Germany...this five-a-side tournament has two games today, three tomorrow and further final matches on Sunday...we're sending a pretty young squad...

United: Alex Fojticek; Lukasz Bejger, Oliver Denham, Reece Devine; Mark Helm, Charlie McCann, Dion McGhee, Harvey Neville, Connor Stanley; Anthony Elanga, Largie Ramazani.

Rochdale have confirmed the signing of Ethan Hamilton on loan. Will defo mean more game time for Buffonge and younger players like Levitt and Traore :)

Under-23s: #MUFC v Fulham — Kovar; Warren, Poole (c), R. Williams, O'Connor; Whelan, Gomes; Chong, Barlow, Dearnley; Burkart.

Subs: Woolston, Ercolani, Levitt, Bohui, Mellor.

0-0 after 23

Spoke to soon. 1-0 Utd. Chong with a worldie freekick no keeper in the world would of stopped! Him Gomes, Burkart and O’Connor been great so far.

God knows how Fulham’s 10 has got away so far with having no shin pads on and his socks rolled down!

1-1 equaliser from a corner. 1-2 Fulham. Terrible defending from Poole who loses his man running behind onto a through ball.

Real bad challenge on Barlow. Stretchered off Levitt comes on for his second cap at this age. Can’t believe no card was given!

1-3 :( Sbragia seriously needs to **** off! It’s like watching Mourinho manage the first team!!!

1-3 Full time. Back to back defeats after taking the lead in both games. Another Sbragia master class :/ if we don’t get promoted it will be a disaster with the players he’s got! And **** will see him gone.

Last edited:
Just watched West Ham Vs Arsenal. Should definitely be looking at Declan Rice, heir to Matic in front of our defence. Also like Felipe Anderson but probably not needed atm and their CB Issa Diop.

Last edited:
Win tomorrow and we are level with Arsenal. Even a draw wouldn’t be a disaster and would see us close the gap again. Not that Ole will go for the draw anyway :)

Zz Anderson reminds me a bit of Nani lots of ability but very inconsistent but can also be the difference. Declan Rice has been great. Absolutely no chance of getting him!!! Garner will be the Matic replacement. WHU CBS are worse than what we have lol.

Last edited:
Win tomorrow and we are level with Arsenal. Even a draw wouldn’t be a disaster and would see us close the gap again. Not that Ole will go for the draw anyway :)

Zz Anderson reminds me a bit of Nani lots of ability but very inconsistent but can also be the difference. Declan Rice has been great. Absolutely no chance of getting him!!! Garner will be the Matic replacement. WHU CBS are worse than what we have lol.

No way mate, would take Ogbonna over the chuckle brothers in a heartbeat! I know he had a iffy start to English football but he's better than Jones for sure.

Diop is only like 20 but got massive ceiling, probably not type of CB we need right now but he's got a good future imo.

Have to pay a lot for Rice but considering his age and everything I would definitely consider it in the summer because Matic isn't getting any younger.

We've got a lot to address in the summer that's why I was hoping we'd ship a few out now and bring one in maybe. But we're in for another transition season again because we won't get everything done in just the summer if we're not doing any in or out now.

Rice just signed new contract until 2024+1.
I know contracts mean nothing, but rather have him develope there and later when west ham scrumbles like they always have.
And pref Rice to join Leeds in few year in :) one can dream....

Rice just signed new contract until 2024+1.
I know contracts mean nothing, but rather have him develope there and later when west ham scrumbles like they always have.
And pref Rice to join Leeds in few year in :) one can dream....

Yeah maybe not realistic for a couple of seasons and maybe for the best anyway letting him improve at West Ham.

Nobody is allowed to sign Rice until he re-declares for Ireland.

No way mate, would take Ogbonna over the chuckle brothers in a heartbeat! I know he had a iffy start to English football but he's better than Jones for sure.

Diop is only like 20 but got massive ceiling, probably not type of CB we need right now but he's got a good future imo.

Have to pay a lot for Rice but considering his age and everything I would definitely consider it in the summer because Matic isn't getting any younger.

We've got a lot to address in the summer that's why I was hoping we'd ship a few out now and bring one in maybe. But we're in for another transition season again because we won't get everything done in just the summer if we're not doing any in or out now.
whats the point of signing Agbonna who has been ***** anyway? Just because he’s better than the chuckle brothers. Hardly a reason! He’s no better than Bailly or Lindelof. We need a proven top class CB. No point in signing Diop when we have Tuanzebe with just a massive ceiling.

The job job this Summer really ain’t that big. Sign a top cb get the manager and DOF sorted and we will be in good shape.

whats the point of signing Agbonna who has been ***** anyway? Just because he’s better than the chuckle brothers. Hardly a reason! He’s no better than Bailly or Lindelof. We need a proven top class CB. No point in signing Diop when we have Tuanzebe with just a massive ceiling.

The job job this Summer really ain’t that big. Sign a top cb get the manager and DOF sorted and we will be in good shape.

Need more than just a CB mate to challenge for title. Think we need a good RW because at the moment all our attacking talent seems to want to play on the left. Don't get me wrong I like Chong but need just him or Mata there. I personally think Mata should go and just get a proper right winger.

Not convinced by our fullbacks, especially RB because Dalot is still developing. Shaw is good going off this season so far.

Need more than just a CB mate to challenge for title. Think we need a good RW because at the moment all our attacking talent seems to want to play on the left. Don't get me wrong I like Chong but need just him or Mata there. I personally think Mata should go and just get a proper right winger.

Not convinced by our fullbacks, especially RB because Dalot is still developing. Shaw is good going off this season so far.
If Ole can get a tune out of Sánchez then no need to worry about RW. Sanchez, Mata, Lingard, Chong. The only position that maybe worries me a little is a Matic replacement. Not so much if Herrera stays. Garner not ready yet.

After Di Marzio reported Milan interest in Valencia for next season. Mullock who is usually good with Utd news is reporting the same today. Must mean Young is close to a new deal imo.

Last edited:
Not much. Played multiple friendlies for Ireland, think we may even have been the first to play him at DM (correct me if I’m wrong), and all of a sudden after a few good performances this season he decided to re-evaluate and keep options open for England. Because none of the caps were technically competitive, he can do that. The whole “a friendly cap isn’t a real cap” rule is b/s imo. A senior cap is a senior cap. Obviously ok with changing at schoolboy/youth level.

Well. Couldn’t of got a tougher draw!!

[FONT=&quot]#MUWomen will travel to face Arsenal in the #ContiCup semi-finals![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The tie will be played on Tuesday 5 or Wednesday 6 February.[/FONT]

Happy for Ethan Hamilton today. Made his debut for Rochdale scores an absolute banger in the top corner from 26-30yrds. And there fans gave him MOTM.

On a slightly unrelated topic, Rashford is definitely my favourite United player and has been for quite a while. Everything about him is what I pretty much want in a United player, great attitude and will always give 100%. But he has such a lot of ability and still seems hungry to improve.

I think he has gone up a level or two this season. There have been games like Southampton where we are badly in need of some quality and he gets 2 assists to get us level. Also recently against Bournemouth that was just a phenomenal assist.

My only hope is that we continue playing him as striker because his all round game is miles ahead of Lukaku. Obviously Lukaku is great with the goals but contributes very little to our teams buildup play.

Here's hoping that Ole can keep working his magic with Rashford until Pochettino hopefully cones. Then he will definitely have a permanent manager that will hopefully guide him as well as he did Kane

Back