The Manchester United Thread

Valencia will start if fit which I assume he is. Don’t have a problem with that he’s defensively still very good. And need his experience in these big games.

Git a feeling it could be a front 3 of Martial, Lukaku, Rashford which again I’m fine with. Watched Spurs against Chelsea and they was physically out of it that second half. Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Rose all really struggling. Especially Alli and Rose. It was basically Spurs holding on and lumping it long to release the constant attacks. Our rest and fitness could make the difference to day especially as the match goes into the second half.

Why do fans always use this as a reason to justify Valencia playing? He's ****** garbage now! Even Mourinho ditched him for majority of this season even though making him captain. If he starts today then watch our attack constantly go down the left and be very predictable. I don't think he is good defensively either, he'll get tested today so we'll find out if he starts. We need a fullback like Young or Dalot who will contribute going both ways.

Front three should be: Martial - Rashford - Lingard.

In what world does lukaku deserve a start when we have been doing so well with that front three above, removing Rashford from that position would be stupid. Yes I know people will say it's interchangeable and people move around, but lets not pretend that Lukaku will offer the same movement as those three.

I had wanted Tottenham to win today. But given recent posts, I’m not sure I need to read z jumping off any cliffs if they do.

Why do fans always use this as a reason to justify Valencia playing? He's ****** garbage now! Even Mourinho ditched him for majority of this season even though making him captain. If he starts today then watch our attack constantly go down the left and be very predictable. I don't think he is good defensively either, he'll get tested today so we'll find out if he starts. We need a fullback like Young or Dalot who will contribute going both ways.

Front three should be: Martial - Rashford - Lingard.

In what world does lukaku deserve a start when we have been doing so well with that front three above, removing Rashford from that position would be stupid. Yes I know people will say it's interchangeable and people move around, but lets not pretend that Lukaku will offer the same movement as those three.
Hes been injured most the season not ditched. Don’t know what’s wrong with you lately everyone is all but done or needs replacing or not good enough lol. He’s still very good defensively miles ahead of Dalot and Young! And yes experience does help when your back 4 isn’t exactly playing well!

Last edited:
I had wanted Tottenham to win today. But given recent posts, I’m not sure I need to read z jumping off any cliffs if they do.

If we lose today I'll take it perfectly well as long as we make the right decisions in terms of lineup and don't help them before we start with players like Valencia. But as long as we play in the right way like we have been and choose the right lineup, then if we lose, I can't really complain.

Seeing as according to TOD Valencia wasnt even in the travelling squad, how is this even an argument?

Hes been injured most the season not ditched. Don’t know what’s wrong with you lately everyone is all but done or needs replacing or not good enough lol. He’s still very good defensively miles ahead of Dalot and Young! And yes experience does help when your back 4 isn’t exactly playing well!

Nothing wrong I just wish some fans would be more realistic about ou players sometimes like Valencia and Lukaku. I understand your point about experience but then why not choose Young? He has been better, more match fitness and contributes going forward as well.

I'm not saying ditch Lukakuand totally give up on him. If you remember my list of players that I would let god in summer he wasn't on there for a reason. He deserves another chance and a fresh start under this manager or whoever the permanent manager will be. But you can't justify him just grabbing that striker position back without earning it, son far Rashford still owns it on merit.

Seeing as according to TOD Valencia wasnt even in the travelling squad, how is this even an argument?

Just noticed that, hoorah if true.

[FONT=&quot]Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has invited Giuseppe Rossi to train with the team at Carrington to help secure a move to another club. #mufc [PA][/FONT]

#MUWomen team to play Charlton (kick-off 14:00 GMT): Chamberlain, Harris, A. Turner, M. Turner, Smith, Green, Zelem, Greenwood (c), Devlin, Hanson, Sigsworth.

Substitutes: Ramsey, Hartley, Roberts, Palmer, Arnot, Toone.

Bit disappointed in you old Scousey boy, thought you'd be backing us today as Spurs are clearly more of a threat than us this season!

Meh. Tottenham are no threat to anyone. Never have been. Never will be.

This has been a two-horse title race from the get-go.

Valencia was never good defensively at any point of his career.

I think players like Valencia and Young could do a job on their day at fullback but that's all it ever was.They are makeshift wingers at the end of the day and are always prone to an error.

Although Young has generally been decent, I don't think we'll ever progress to that elite level with them playing there.

Even Young has cost us silly goals this season. Liverpool springs to mind not tracking Mane's run.

Think there’s some unnderating of Valencia at FB on here.

He's good till he gets to the half way line. As soon as he get's there he's lost all confidence in himself. He wasn't the same since the leg break but I dont think years of LVG and Mourinho have helped him either with his attacking confidence.

11' Goal Man United! A long ball is played over the top of the Charlton defence and Devlin apparently beats the offside trap to lob over Startup (0-1) #cafc

Sounds grim!

We will be having a prolonged stoppage to the game as Kerr is still down receiving treatment on the field and the players have been asked to go back into the changing rooms (0-1) #cafc

Last edited:
He's good till he gets to the half way line. As soon as he get's there he's lost all confidence in himself. He wasn't the same since the leg break but I dont think years of LVG and Mourinho have helped him either with his attacking confidence.
For sure! We have been saying that for ages lol. But defensively he has been very good.

:(

UPDATE: Kerr is still receiving treatment on the field of play and the match has been temporarily postponed while we wait for an ambulance to arrive. It is still our intention to resume play today. We will keep you updated #cafc

Game has been called off. All of United’s oxygen has been used and Charlton has not got any. It’s a requirement to have oxygen.

Last edited:
Back