The Manchester United Thread

Spot on lineup for today, well done Ole. Going for players on form and now we need a performance to match!!!

m
Starting XI: Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane
Subs: Gazzaniga, Rose, Sanchez, Foyth, Skipp, Lamela, Llorente

Manchester United team
Starting XI: De Gea, Young (c), Lindelof, Jones, Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Martial
Subs: Romero, Dalot, Andreas, Fred, Mata, McTominay, Lukaku

Just nine changes from the victory against Reading with De Gea, Lindelof, Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford and Martial coming in for Romero, Dalot, Darmian, McTominay, Fred, Andreas, Mata, Lukaku and Alexis.

Spot on lineup for today, well done Ole. Going for players on form and now we need a performance to match!!!

Not the day for playing wide open, attacking football with that defence against these going the other way.

Need to be far more tactically responsible or you could well get a real doing. Chelsea are no great shakes and 4th is still well in play.

I know this will come back to probably bite me, but how on earth is a midfield of Sissoko and Winks in the top 3 of PL. I know they usually have Dier, but just proves to me the brilliance of Pochettino. Even when you look at their fullbacks it doesn't scream quality either, Ben Davies and Kieran Trippier. Both good but would you really expect them to be where they are... not for me. Eriksen, Kane, Son and All is all very good though. But Poch has pretty much made them as well. Eriksen was the most established and was a good proven player before he joined but the rest Poch has developed into what they are now.

Last edited:
Not the day for playing wide open, attacking football with that defence against these going the other way.

Need to be far more tactically responsible or you could well get a real doing. Chelsea are no great shakes and 4th is still well in play.

I'm just grateful we didn't see Valencia and Lukaku, who wouldn't add bugga all going the other way in reality.

We couldn't really of selected a better lineup, only CB's we have and midfield of Metic, Herrera should have defensive responsibility with Pogba given more of a free role.

Not even kicked off yet and Souness is banging on about Pogba. What a bitter old **** he is.

Middle of the park will be the decicev part of the game.
But still gut feeling 3-1 to spurs

Need to try and get a goal early second half then get lukaku on after an hour for lingard/martial to put pressure on their defense as they tire. Use his strength to get one of the wide men in behind and kill them off

Back