The Manchester United Thread

Great win and an unreal performance by De Gea to make sure we get the win and a clean sheet. The goal was great as well

Wow my heart! Great win despite hanging on for dear life second half. Lindelof, Matic, Herrera all absolutely fantastic! DDG indisputable world number 1 and MOTM by a mile!

Good cameo from Dalot mind I add. Great defence job at the end loved him geeing up the players also :)

Last edited:
Highly disputable on this seasons form.

Really enjoyed that. Rather the result was the othwr way round but an very enjoyable watch with a super goal to decide it.

Three-horse-race my pasty white ****!

What on earth happened to us second half? I can't fault the first half but we looked like a Mourinho team with the way we sat so deep.

It's an absolutely brilliant result but I'm unsure what to make of that performance in second half....I know Spurs made some tactical changes bu it just seemed like we had lost all our energy. Which is rather worrying when you thought Spurs were the ones who would drop off.

Having said that all in all it's a great 3 points and a win is a win. De Gea got us this win.

What on earth happened to us second half? I can't fault the first half but we looked like a Mourinho team with the way we sat so deep.

It's an absolutely brilliant result but I'm unsure what to make of that performance in second half....I know Spurs made some tactical changes bu it just seemed like we had lost all our energy. Which is rather worrying when you thought Spurs were the ones who would drop off.

Having said that all in all it's a great 3 points and a win is a win. De Gea got us this win.
You answered your own question. It was tactical and Ole didn’t know how to react. And the players looked a bit lost and confused. Great effort though! And massive 3 points.

Its my only doubt about Ole.

Also Kane clearly put himself on Jones the second half after being dominated by Lindelof first half. He was able to bring Eriksen and Alli into the game more.

You answered your own question. It was tactical and Ole didn’t know how to react. And the players looked a bit lost and confused. Great effort though! And massive 3 points.

Its my only doubt about Ole.

which is exactly why we can't get too sentimental with our manager choice, Solskjaer is a breath of fresh air but I think he isn't quite at the level we need for our permanent manager. First half was great though so I'm not sure, he has tactical nous but maybe not enough to react. But then again he has been here 5 mins.

zz how about stop ******* moaing and enjoy the rest of sunday with a win lets try that

zz how about stop ******* moaing and enjoy the rest of sunday with a win lets try that

Bro we need to be realistic, De Gea had a blinder and that's why we got the win today.

Like I say first half brilliant, second half pretty bad.

I guarantee you 99% of United fans (not including just here) will be wanting ole for permanent manager now. I don't want to mock him, but we really need to still be careful about it.

It’s funny to see how many flip flops that were writing Lindelof off to early change there tune :) been immense lately. This is the Iceman I watched for Benfica and Sweden at youth and full int level. Put a commanding WC CB next to him that’s the defence sorted!

Sure most these fans are the same ready to sell Fred already ;)

I'm convinced that no matter what happens zz will moan the **** about something. Let him get to the end of his term and then decide.

Story of two halves imo, could've been 3 to the good by HT, pretty dominant away first half performance. They obviously grew into it and had their chances to turn it around, but didn't. We also had half chances to get the second in the 2nd half, and a decent one from Pogba. To act like we didn't turn up and it was only De Gea heroics that got us this win is a false narrative imo. We went at them that first half, same as the Home fixture, difference is we got the goal to show for it today from Rashford (brilliant finish), not Lukaku slipping it wide of an empty goal.

Last edited:
Keep this momentum going! Take things one game at a time like we have been doing and see what we can salvage of this season. Everyone saying about how we can catch up to Chelsea, if we continue like this I think Spurs are one to watch as well. Going to be losing players like Son and don't have the depth to cover quality omissions. We're only 7 points behind Spurs now so it's not out of the realms of possibility either.

Yeah Lindelof and jones were good today, I have to agree with you TOD though that we still badly need that commanding world-class CB. However if we can't get Koulibaly I don't think there is anyone else out there really.

Just watched some of the second half again, **** me Trippier had the freedom of Wembley to deliver those crosses into our box. We got to improve on that but we did better first half. I think our energy levels dropped off big time, but nonetheless what a great result!

I'm convinced that no matter what happens zz will moan the **** about something. Let him get to the end of his term and then decide.

What have I even said that was so bad? My first post reacting to the game I said that I didn't understand the big contrast in each half because Spurs were the ones expected to lack the fitness due to playing midweek. But in the same post I also said it was a brilliant result.

I don't understand what you're meant to post here after watching a game. Forums are a place for being objective as much as supporting your team?

I said we were great first half and second half was a big drop off. I just wanted to know why? I don't see the problem in questioning why we didn't adapt at all to it.

Brighton, Burnley, Leicester, Fulham next 4 league games. In that time Chelsea play Arsenal and City. Arsenal play Chelsea and City.

I'm convinced that no matter what happens zz will moan the **** about something.....

You do have to wonder just what joy anyone gets out of being a fan if their first reaction to a massive win a Tottenham (Utd’s what, 6th straight?), is to start dissecting and looking for negatives?

Back