The Manchester United Thread

Amazing how you can go on a 5-win streak and still don't move up a table. Jose really done ****** up.

Amazing how you can go on a 5-win streak and still don't move up a table. Jose really done ****** up.
or go 20 without a lose and still be on the same points as us so swings and roundabouts and all that

You do have to wonder just what joy anyone gets out of being a fan if their first reaction to a massive win a Tottenham (Utd’s what, 6th straight?), is to start dissecting and looking for negatives?

You wouldn't see my first reaction on a forum though would you? I celebrate the win then post, not other way around.

Poch confirming that Kane twisted his ankle and is badly swollen and needs scans. If they lose him Spurs are done and 3rd is defo on.

Poch confirming that Kane twisted his ankle and is badly swollen and needs scans. If they lose him Spurs are done and 3rd is defo on.

Wouldn't say done because knowing Poch he'll get someone else and turn them into something crazy. But we definitely should have our eyes on Spurs as well becausee they are going to be missing quite a few players now.

Wouldn't say done because knowing Poch he'll get someone else and turn them into something crazy. But we definitely should have our eyes on Spurs as well becausee they are going to be missing quite a few players now.
Poch is good but he ain’t gonna do anything to improve Llorente lol.

Now, I'd like to take back everything I said about Lindelof. Lad has been outstanding lately.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Now, I'd like to take back everything I said about Lindelof. Lad has been outstanding lately.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

One thing you can’t argue against José, if he signs a CB, generally he sees a proper player.

One thing you can’t argue against José, if he signs a CB, generally he sees a proper player.

Even Matic looks like a proper player again now, not going to lie I thought he was finished under Jose. Everyone talks about Pogba but the real sign of how bad of a job he was doing is his golden boy Matic.

Nicked from Twitter;

[FONT=&quot]MUFC scouted De Gea, signed him paying a premium fee for a 19 year old kid, gave him our no.1 role, stuck with him when he was visibly not ready for the PL, ensured the best coaching available for him. But every time he delivers a masterclass Man United is called “lucky”. [/FONT]

Nicked from Twitter;

[FONT="]MUFC scouted De Gea, signed him paying a premium fee for a 19 year old kid, gave him our no.1 role, stuck with him when he was visibly not ready for the PL, ensured the best coaching available for him. But every time he delivers a masterclass Man United is called “lucky”. [/FONT]

I know right? How on earth United managed to find a player who had a warchest full of medals with Spain in youth competition and was a starter for Atletico at 18 years old. Top marks to scouting department for identifying this completely unknown talent.

I know right? How on earth United managed to find a player who had a warchest full of medals with Spain in youth competition and was a starter for Atletico at 18 years old. Top marks to scouting department for identifying this completely unknown talent.

You're as bad as Alc at times ffs. Swear if I posted "we're so lucky we have De Gea" you would've been like: "to be fair United stuck with him and they're now reaping the rewards" lol

View attachment 23963

Yeah De Gea was an already established goalkeeper but United deserve a lot of credit how they handled him. It's all relative really to why he is now without doubt best GK in the world. We've played a big part in his development despite and have some of the best goalkeeper coaches working with him.

You're as bad as Alc at times ffs. Swear if I posted "we're so lucky we have De Gea" you would've been like: "to be fair United stuck with him and they're now reaping the rewards" lol

First part of that tweet was bullshit, but the other part was true. United absolutely deserve credit for sticking with DDG in early years and coaching him, but you didn't exactly find him in Siberia playing on a frozen lake while chased by wolves.

Last edited:
Nicked from Twitter;

MUFC scouted De Gea, signed him paying a premium fee for a 19 year old kid, gave him our no.1 role, stuck with him when he was visibly not ready for the PL, ensured the best coaching available for him. But every time he delivers a masterclass Man United is called “lucky”.

I don’t get why opposition fans feel the need to undermine De Geas performance. He was magnificent yeaterday. Just appreciate WC brilliance.

It’s like when they tried to lesson Alisson’s superb, Schmeichel-esq save against PSG to ensure CL progression as ‘rubbish/ ordinary’ as it was straight at him.

Too many agendas today and not enough people just enjoying top class footballers and the entertainment they bring down to not liking who they play for. Sad state of affairs.

Hopefully some people don't mind me posing about the game yesterday now. But I still have a really hard time evaluating Ole's credentials from our performance vs Spurs and whether we can gauge as to whether he truly does deserve the role on a longer basis. I personally think first half was tactically spot on and was highlighted perfectly with the goal we scored. Now I know the Sissoko injury forced Spurs to make a tactical change and Eriksen went a bit deeper. But watching the second half again, there was quite a few things that I feel we didn't adapt to. We wasn't closing down Trippier and he had far too many times to cross the ball. Whilst I understand that we need that dominating CB, that doesn't really solve that particular problem.

Overall I was left a bit marmite with Ole, first half you couldn't ask for a better approach but the lack of adapting to Spurs in the second kind of does worry me. In an ideal world I'd love if we could make this work long-term and he will get plenty more opportunities to show that.

A great win nonetheless and this team is undoubtedly revitalised, Ole deserves a lot of credit for how he has done this no matter what happened from now until end of season.

Hopefully some people don't mind me posing about the game yesterday now. But I still have a really hard time evaluating Ole's credentials from our performance vs Spurs and whether we can gauge as to whether he truly does deserve the role on a longer basis. I personally think first half was tactically spot on and was highlighted perfectly with the goal we scored. Now I know the Sissoko injury forced Spurs to make a tactical change and Eriksen went a bit deeper. But watching the second half again, there was quite a few things that I feel we didn't adapt to. We wasn't closing down Trippier and he had far too many times to cross the ball. Whilst I understand that we need that dominating CB, that doesn't really solve that particular problem.

Overall I was left a bit marmite with Ole, first half you couldn't ask for a better approach but the lack of adapting to Spurs in the second kind of does worry me. In an ideal world I'd love if we could make this work long-term and he will get plenty more opportunities to show that.

A great win nonetheless and this team is undoubtedly revitalised, Ole deserves a lot of credit for how he has done this no matter what happened from now until end of season.

The thing I can't quite work out is who exactly is responsible for the tactics? We keep hearing about this tactical masterclass from Solskjaer in the first half but any time he was in the stands it was always McKenna in conversation with him. Obviously they all have a job to do behind the scenes and all have an input to the tactics/gameplan but it really wouldnt surprise me if most of the tactics was down to McKenna and not actually Solskjaer.

Back