The Manchester United Thread

Pep has thrown Kompany upfront when chasing a game, even then changed to a 352 over his 433.

Pep has thrown Kompany upfront when chasing a game, even then changed to a 352 over his 433.

Yeah there is an exception to everything but why keep a player just for that role who will probably want more game time. We have a big lump called Lukaku who can do that anyway, but the problem with him is he can't even hold up the ball very well. :D

Utd got to the quarter finals in the u19 tournament in Germany losing to eventual winners Austrian Vienna. Alex Fjiticek won GK of the tournament. And Mark Helm can 3rd in the golden boot with 8.

I’ve also seen Klopp throw a centre half up top when chasing a goal in the past, as recent as last season. Not being snobby about it, there’s more than one way to skin a cat, just saying he has indeed resorted to a Fellaini type roll of the dice before.

I am not arsed if Fellaini stays or goes. Have never really liked him, he's irked me more times than he's brought me joy, but I can't deny he hasn't brought me joy. Some massive, massive goals & contributions in his time here; you can't deny he's one of the most effective tools around. If it's a choice between him & McTominay for a "you'll play some cup games here and there and warm the bench some weeks", I'm taking Fellaini solely based on the fact they're both ****, but at least Fellaini possesses a specialty that not many in world football have.

Agree developing a plan A is the priority, but there'll always be a place in a football squad for a tactically obedient, 6'5 aerially dominant monster, who is happy to be a squad player - no matter how much football develops. Reckon he'll be gone though, probably wants regular footy which he won't get here.

Again, couldn't give two ***** if he stays or goes, would probably want him gone given he's on pretty big wages, but I can see why a manager would want him around.

You never see Pep or Jurgen switching to a plan B or C. How about make Plan A good so you don't have to bring on a tree to get something out of the game.

Wasn't it Van Dijk in the box making a cross to Origin in the dying minutes versus Everton?

Wasn't it Van Dijk in the box making a cross to Origin in the dying minutes versus Everton?
I don't know what your talking about. That goal was clearly a banger from the halfway line from Origi...

I’ve also seen Klopp throw a centre half up top when chasing a goal in the past, as recent as last season. Not being snobby about it, there’s more than one way to skin a cat, just saying he has indeed resorted to a Fellaini type roll of the dice before.

d’s point, I think, is the Kompany example and Caulker going uo late are rhe rarest of rare examples for those two who rarley deviate from their style of football they set out with from the first day of pre-season.

The Belgium thug in boots is a planned tactic that’s been the norm for much of his time at Everton and Utd.

d’s point, I think, is the Kompany example and Caulker going uo late are rhe rarest of rare examples for those two who rarley deviate from their style of football they set out with from the first day of pre-season.

The Belgium thug in boots is a planned tactic that’s been the norm for much of his time at Everton and Utd.
Spot on there's nothing wrong with chucking a CB up top and going long to cause panic and try and salvage the game but when its a planned tactic in the case with Fellaini I'm sorry but I expect better from United. Like Z said it shouldn't even be a debate in keeping that walking tree as he doesn't fit the style of football yous lot want to be playing. Makes no sense.

Don’t see how anyone can judge McTominey as **** either!

Hyperbole. Painfully average though. In fact, Cleverley was better. Let's be real, the only reason he's around the first team squad is because of his freak growth spurt, and Jose has a weird fetish for 6ft+ players. Better CM's coming through the ranks, he'll be lucky to be at a mid-table club in 2 years.

Hyperbole. Painfully average though. In fact, Cleverley was better. Let's be real, the only reason he's around the first team squad is because of his freak growth spurt, and Jose has a weird fetish for 6ft+ players. Better CM's coming through the ranks, he'll be lucky to be at a mid-table club in 2 years.
Thats the reason maybe Jose picked him. But he is actually rated at the club. He’s a good player with decent technique and passing and has good defensive qualities and very disciplined and intelligent enough to follow a set role a manager and him to do. Hence why he’s played at CB, DM, CM and STR coming through the ranks. He’s good in the air and not actually a bad finisher, finishing with 9 gls in his final season in the u23.

Joyce, McKenna and Carrick have had nothing but good things to say about him. People writing him off far to early, making judgements based off performances under Mourinho and having never watched him much coming through the academy. He’s not gonna be a superstar that much is obvious, but he can definitely develop into a good squad to perform various roles.

I did see him at academy level, and that's what I find so cruelly ironic about the entire thing - the freak growth spurt's the reason he got promoted by Jose, but it's also why he'll never turn into the player he looked like he would. He was a lot more technical before. His feet probably grew 5+ sizes ffs.

I did see him at academy level, and that's what I find so cruelly ironic about the entire thing - the freak growth spurt's the reason he got promoted by Jose, but it's also why he'll never turn into the player he looked like he would. He was a lot more technical before. His feet probably grew 5+ sizes ffs.
Hes not played enough to be judged yet. Let’s see how he does under a more attacking manager. And he’s still likely adjusting to the massive growth spurt. Like o sad far to early to be calling him a failure or or a lower league player at best. He still has the technical ability Carrick has mentioned it on Mutv on more than one occasion. You don’t just lose it he’s just never had a chance to show it yet.

Last edited:
Great to see we are still signing some of the best talents from around Europe. So far joking us next season:

Noam Emeran(Amiens)
Adrián Corral (Villarreal)
Forson (Spurs)
Isak Hansen Aroen (Tromso)

Times reporting this morning Valencia will remain at the club till the Summer despite the club not giving him a contract. And will reject any chance to move this month.

And Celtic and Aberdeen are faves to sign Mctominay on loan till the end of the season. But that’s only if Fellaini remains. If Fellaini leaves Mctominey will remain at the club.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]U23s PL International Cup - Manchester United vs PSV

[/FONT]
At Leigh Sports Village
Kick off at 7pm
[FONT=&quot]
Be a tough one.

[/FONT]

Great to see we are still signing some of the best talents from around Europe. So far joking us next season:

Noam Emeran(Amiens)
Adrián Corral (Villarreal)
Forson (Spurs)
Isak Hansen Aroen (Tromso)]

With no-deal Brexit in the distance you better start on those work permits.

Back