The Manchester United Thread

Hypothetical but realistic question given that De Gea and Martial only have 18 months left on contract, who on earth do we replace those with? I legitimately think they are two very hard players to get alternatives for. If they both haven't signed contracts by the summer transfer window, I think this is a scenario we will be facing, that none of us want. We will probably have to cash in on them as well if they won't sign contracts.

Hypothetical but realistic question given that De Gea and Martial only have 18 months left on contract, who on earth do we replace those with? I legitimately think they are two very hard players to get alternatives for. If they both haven't signed contracts by the summer transfer window, I think this is a scenario we will be facing, that none of us want. We will probably have to cash in on them as well if they won't sign contracts.
Dont worry about it Zz they will both sign. But just for entertainment Henderson would likely be given a shot at GK and we still have Romero. And for Martial replacement I would go for Sancho or Chiesa. :)

Dont worry about it Zz they will both sign. But just for entertainment Henderson would likely be given a shot at GK and we still have Romero. And for Martial replacement I would go for Sancho or Chiesa. :)

Imagine how much De get and Martial are actually worth in this market!

Imagine how much De get and Martial are actually worth in this market!
Zillions ;) Henderson has to be next in line IF DDG does ever leave. He’s been fantastic out on loan first at Shrewsbury with match winning performances guiding them to 3rd. Now there in the bottom half and there fans my step dad included were devastated when he decided to go on loan at the Championship this season.

And he’s been superb this season in the championship except 1 mistake against Leeds before Crimbo. Arguably best GK in the championship this season pulling performances like this every week https://twitter.com/sufc_tweets/status/1066996220806250496?s=21 There fans saying he’s most probably the main reason they have been pushing for promotion/play offs this season. After finishing 11th last. Les Parry head of loan players at Utd calms him mini DDG recently on mutv. And he’s always been fantastic at int youth level also!

Must win game to progress!

#MUAcademy U23s: #MUFC v PSV Eindhoven - Woolston; Tanner, Ercolani, R. Williams (c), O'Connor; Whelan, Willock; Barlow, Buffonge, Dearnley; Bohui.

Subs: Fojticek, Olosunde, B. Williams, McCann, McGhee, Ramazani. #PLInternationalCup

Debut for new signing Woolston. Matty Willock back in the side after his loan finished. Good to see B. Williams, McGhee, McCann, Ramanzani all promoted. And great to see Olosunde back after a big injury.

0-0 HT. Completely dominated by PSV. Another shot show of s performance under Sbragia! No shape, can’t pass, crab football, no idea how to attack, no pressing.

Really baffles me. You watch the u16s, u18s and now the first team play a certain way. Then you watch the u23s under Sbragia and wonder what he’s doing or how he gets away with it. Genuinely worry about players progressing with him at the helm of the u23s. I really hope Any of the u18s or the few like Greenwood, Gomes, Chong or Garner don’t get to much time under him!!!

0-0 FT. Means we are basically out. We have to win and hope all the other results go our way. No subs till the 85 min. Sbragia is a joke! Sat on his **** nearly all the second 45 doing a great LVG impersonation. ****!

Last edited:
Łukasz Bejger is set to sign a professional contract with Manchester United (until June 2022) on his 16th birthday His parents are flying to Manchester tomorrow.

[FONT=&quot]#mufc have the highest projected revenue (€676m) across every club in Europe. Second is Real Madrid (€670m). United's operating costs are just 22% of their revenue (average is 30%) #mulive [uefa report via telegraph][/FONT]

Selection issues
Any selection issues ahead of the game?

There’s not many issues, I think just small niggles as there always is at this point of the season, Chris, Marcos just started running lightly so not fit yet Alexis has trained all week so hopefully he’ll be available and Felli is the long-term one that’s out. He’ll be out for a four weeks.

On his start
When you came here would you have believed this start?

As I’ve said before you go into very single game as a Manchester United coach as a player or manager thinking you’ll win the next one, that’s just the nature of this club. We’ve had six good games but the next one is the most important one. Everyone said about Tottenham being the test, I don’t think that’s a test in attitude, the players are gonna be up for that game, I’m looking for a reaction in a home game against a team you should dominate and be better than, that’s the attitude if we go out there and do it in these games it’s these are the points that will get you up the table.

On Alexis Sanchez
You’ve got better performances out of all big players at United, one exception so far is Sanchez because he has hardly been on the pitch how frustrating is it that he can’t play as much as you would like him to?

You have to ask him, a player loves to play football, doesn’t matter who you are and he’s been hindered by injury, I know how frustrating that can be and how eager you are to get back. Maybe in the Reading game at HT he should have told me to come off because the next 15 or 20 mins were a setback.

But he’s champing at the bit in training. He’s attitude has been fantastic in training and I’m looking forward to seeing him, I’ve got loads of good players to choose from.

On Pogba
Pogba said overconfidence would be the biggest issue against Brighton because of the way the team have played recently...

Overconfident? No you cannot be too confident, it’s complacency, it’s the other side of it, I want players to be confident but not complacent and take their foot off the pedal because that’s a big diff for me. Take people on, running passing forward getting the crowd with them because that’s what it’s about.

On January transfers

Are you expecting any incomings this month?

No, not really.

On McTominay
Scott McTominay, any update whether he might be loaned out?

Scott is working hard, he’s a good young boy We still believe in, we’re working on his new contract, with the injuries of Felli as well and the squad we have I’m not sure we’re going to see any movement.

[FONT=&quot]All the best to @ReganPoole, who is joining Newport County on loan for the rest of the 2018/19 campaign. #MUFC[/FONT]

BREAKING: Anthony Martial is to agree a new five-year contract with @ManUtd, Sky Sports News understands. #SSN

Confirmation by his agent just now on French interview:)

Anthony #Martial a trouvé un accord pour prolonger son contrat de 5 ans avec @ManUtd ! Information confirmée par son agent Philippe Lamboley qui précise que « quelques détails restent encore à finaliser » #RMCsport

Last edited:

BREAKING: Anthony Martial is to agree a new five-year contract with @ManUtd, Sky Sports News understands. #SSN

Confirmation by his agent just now on French interview:)

Anthony #Martial a trouvé un accord pour prolonger son contrat de 5 ans avec @ManUtd ! Information confirmée par son agent Philippe Lamboley qui précise que « quelques détails restent encore à finaliser » #RMCsport

Great news! We were just speaking the other day about him getting a contract and here we are. I think this is very positive and coincidence that it has come within a few weeks of Mourinho leaving? I think not.

Taking nothing for granted today, Brighton are a decent team this season and were on a pretty good run of form before Liverpool last week. Even last week they only conceded 1 goal through a penalty and it will be another test how we can break them down. I think it's one of them games where the first goal is absolutely crucial, get it early and it's a totally different game which will suit us. If they got a goal or can hold out for a while then will make it into the game they want.

Having said all that hopefully we can keep the good run going, no reason why we can't considering how we've been performing. If we put in a good shift today we should manage the win.

Not the confirmed squad just who was spotted last night at the Lowry

Goalkeepers (3): David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant
Defenders (5): Diogo Dalot, Eric Bailly, Victor Lindelof, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw
Midfielders (4): Nemanja Matic, Andreas Pereira, Ander Herrera, Paul Pogba
Forwards (6): Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Alexis Sanchez, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Romelu Lukaku

Could be tricky going to Leicester in a few weeks with their manager bounce considering Claude Puel looks like he is getting the chop if they lose today.

Could be tricky going to Leicester in a few weeks with their manager bounce considering Claude Puel looks like he is getting the chop if they lose today.

Leicester fans **** me off. Because they pulled off one of, if not the most freak achievement in football history, it's like they think they have some divine right to be challenging the top 6 every year or something. They're so self-entitled. Madness how a manager who's 8th, yes, EIGHTH! Not hovering relegation, not bottom half, not even mid table; EIGHTH, is the heavy bookies favourite to be next PL manager to get the chop. All stemming from the PuelOut mob.

What do they expect? I'm really curious. He's not underachieving with this squad. Not like he didn't just beat Chelsea & City back-to-back, and was a penalty shootout away vs. City from guiding them to a cup semi final?

Not denying there could be some improved results, like the current scoreline today, but not enough to the extent that warrants sacking him, paying compo, getting a new man in, etc.

Last edited:
Leicester fans **** me off. Because they pulled off one of, if not the most freak achievement in football history, it's like they think they have some divine right to be challenging the top 6 every year or something. They're so self-entitled. Madness how a manager who's 8th, yes, EIGHTH! Not hovering relegation, not bottom half, not even mid table; EIGHTH, is the heavy bookies favourite to be next PL manager to get the chop. All stemming from the PuelOut mob.

What do they expect? I'm really curious. He's not underachieving with this squad. Not like he didn't just beat Chelsea & City back-to-back, and was a penalty shootout away vs. City from guiding them to a cup semi final?

Not denying there could be some improved results, like the current scoreline today, but not enough to the extent that warrants sacking him, paying compo, getting a new man in, etc.

Agree with you but the modern football fan wants to be entertained watching some exciting football. Apparently the football is pretty dire and he's pragmatic even against weaker teams. I can understand both sides really,, it's a results business so he is doing a decent job all things considered. But then from a fan perspective, if you are supporting your team and are watching **** football every week.... it's a feeling we know all too well with Mourinho. Even when we did manage to get a result, it never really felt satisfying either. For example that win against Juventus in Turin, great result but did anyone really enjoy it?

I do get you, but it's a lot more possession-based than Ranieri, who literally won a league title by being compact & hitting Vardy in behind lol... So I don't know where their snobbishness is coming from.

I do get you, but it's a lot more possession-based than Ranieri, who literally won a league title by being compact & hitting Vardy in behind lol... So I don't know where their snobbishness is coming from.

Same with Southanpton fans his previous gig.

Code:
Completely unchanged from Spurs game.

Manchester United team
Starting XI: De Gea, Young (c), Lindelof, Jones, Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Martial
Subs: Romero, Bailly, Dalot, Andreas, Mata, Alexis, Lukaku

Last edited:
Back