The Manchester United Thread

I think it's the fact he's a bit of a boring fart, with not much a personality, doesn't really connect with fans. I think he's doing a sound job though.

Shaw felt sick in the warm up. Replaced by Dalot.

Youngs been terrible at both ends so far.

Last edited:
Shady pen. Oh well, sometimes they go your way. Sometimes they dont.

Class by Pogba all round there! Great Peno :)

**** me that would of been a class goal if Martial put that away. Super pass and vision from Lindelof and that touch from Martial :)

Dissapionted how our intensity has dropped since the 30 min mark.

Last edited:
Dalot and Rashford (6)

Pretty good half except maybe 30-40 mins when we let them back in it. Young has frustrated the **** out of me!

Last edited:
Yeah our intensity did seem to drop but after that 2nd goal we have been back on it again. generally happy with that first half overall though, Rashford take a bow. Was a goal and player that guy is becoming!!!!!

Dalot looks good on the left and more comfortable there, always thought he was a RB though or am I wrong?

Yeah our intensity did seem to drop but after that 2nd goal we have been back on it again. generally happy with that first half overall though, Rashford take a bow. Was a goal and player that guy is becoming!!!!!

Dalot looks good on the left and more comfortable there, always thought he was a RB though or am I wrong?

He can play both sides, but prefers his right, obviously. Watching him there is a bit like watching Young there, both tend to cut back inside before passing/crossing.

Also, how did Lingard not finish that?

Deserved. Been far to complacent this half thinking it’s to comfortable and had no intensity. Shocking by Jones!

We have been Mourinhoesque this half :(

Last edited:
We had a real good spell at the start of second half, penned them back and looked like we could score a 3rd. But then like the first half, we dropped all our intensity and it was far more difficult than it needed to be.

However 3 points is 3 points and can't knock that, there was spells where we played really well. But we can't keep dropping that intensity so much and I think the players looked knackered towards the end!

Last edited:
We had a real good spell at the start of second half, penned them back and looked like we could score a 3rd. But then like the first half, we dropped all our intensity and it was far more difficult than it needed to be.

However 3 points is 3 points and can't knock that, there was spells where we played really well. But we can't keep dropping that intensity so much and I think the players looked knackered towards the end!
rather than Martial.
That last 35 mins was absolutely terrible. Could of been different if Lingard scored. But re reverted back to no pressing, **** passing. Pogba giving the ball away over playing. Rashford looked absolutely off his feet after 60 mins then reverted back to brain dead decision making. Happy 3 points though and that’s all that matters.

That last 35 mins was absolutely terrible. Could of been different if Lingard scored. But re reverted back to no pressing, **** passing. Pogba giving the ball away over playing. Rashford looked absolutely off his feet after 60 mins then reverted back to brain dead decision making. Happy 3 points though and that’s all that matters.

Yeah got to remember though that it's a new style of play for all the players that are still getting used to. It's such a contrast in the way of playing in comparison to Mourinho, it does take more out of our players and hopefully they'll sustain it better over 90 minutes in the future.

Rashford was certainly dead on his feet and the subs were a bit odd. I thought it should of been Lukaku for Rashford rather than Martial.

I think it's a fitness issue why we are dropping off much in certain spells of the game and for me that traces back to how we were playing under Mourinho. It should hopefully improve over time as we adapt to this style of play under Ole.

Yeah got to remember though that it's a new style of play for all the players that are still getting used to. It's such a contrast in the way of playing in comparison to Mourinho, it does take more out of our players and hopefully they'll sustain it better over 90 minutes in the future.

Rashford was certainly dead on his feet and the subs were a bit odd. I thought it should of been Lukaku for Rashford rather than Martial.

I think it's a fitness issue why we are dropping off much in certain spells of the game and for me that traces back to how we were playing under Mourinho. It should hopefully improve over time as we adapt to this style of play under Ole.
Yeah putting it down to fitness also. Ole needs to be smarter with his subs!

Herrera my MOTM. Guy has fitness for days! Absolutely everywhere when we struggled in the second half.

Yeah putting it down to fitness also. Ole needs to be smarter with his subs!

Herrera my MOTM. Guy has fitness for days! Absolutely everywhere when we struggled in the second half.

Herrera has looked like the player we truly signed from Bilbao last few games, absolutely superb!

Come on Arsenal ;)

Chelsea look poor, no target up front and Higuain will help a bit. Still wonder how he'll cope in this league though considering his attitude and age.

Agree with you though mate about the subs from Ole, they were just odd really. Should of replaced Lukaku with Rashford and Sanchez for Lingard.

Chelsea look poor, no target up front and Higuain will help a bit. Still wonder how he'll cope in this league though considering his attitude and age.

Agree with you though mate about the subs from Ole, they were just odd really. Should of replaced Lukaku with Rashford and Sanchez for Lingard.
Really can see Higuain flopping tbh but will see. Don’t get Sarri inisistence on letting Kante run forward so much. Chelsea look massively exposed once they lose the Ball. Jorginho who I think has been pretty average just doesn’t have the defensive nouse or mobility, when they lose the ball.

Shady pen. Oh well, sometimes they go your way. Sometimes they dont.

God. Don’t say that man. I haven’t seen it but even if it was you’ll be embarrassing z and his selective narking (ala the twitter throngs) of what is and what isn’t. ;)

Back