The Manchester United Thread

but you fall for it every time you know hes on a fishing trip that why most dont take the bait unlike you just let him say what he likes hes looking for rise dont fall for it its not hard

Fishing what now? What am I fishing for again pray tell?

Mate, thats as bad as the school yard S z is now back to. Who apparently doesn’t flip-flop. And I’m only here to get you to agree.

Seriously, you couldn’t make this up.

Last edited:
but you fall for it every time you know hes on a fishing trip that why most dont take the bait unlike you just let him say what he likes hes looking for rise dont fall for it its not hard

I can quite easily ignore people but it kind of kills the point of why I'm on a forum in the first place if I do that.

Or, we could stop with the fishing and child like nonsense entirely.

Bin it

Another pretty poor quote from Poch after the defeat yesterday!

Poch: "Again we’re going to have the debate whether a trophy will take the club to the next level. I don’t agree with it. It only builds your ego. The most important thing for Tottenham right now is to always be in the top four." https://www.football.lond

I don’t think it’s that poor if you just look at it from the bigger picture. Does really winning an FA Cup/League Cup suddenly make Tottenham a greater force? I see where he’s coming from, it’s like winning a carbao cup is the difference between people calling his Spurs tenure a failure or not by the narrow minded British media. He’s just defending his legacy. Ignore all the coaching, ignore all the progress and overachieving with limited resources/net spend, ignore the fact he has Spurs going to the Nou Camp, Bernabeu etc. and getting results with TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR, it’s all futile because he can’t win a carbao cup!!!

Arsenal have won numerous FA Cups over the last few years, does that change the fact they’ve been dog **** in that time, that it just papered over cracks and it was pretty much WengerOUT through it all?

Would you rather have been Spurs or Arsenal through those years? Because I know which one I’d rather.

I would rather a potential candidate for the Utd job. Try going out to win everything and not playing down any competition! I know a lot of Spurs fans are absolutely disgusted at his comments.

Winning builds winning mentality not building egos imo. That comment shows poor mentality to me. And I would rather have Arsenal trophies than the **** all top 4 trophy!

Also I’m not sure the top top players in football would be happy to move to a club with just top 4 ambition and hadn’t won anything in 10 ish years.

Whike hes done done a good job there it’s not gonna be sustainable to keep finishing top 4. Why not try winning something and get the fans, players, board something to cheer about.

Last edited:
Top 4 + CL football + progress > A Cup with no top 4. It’s about not being short sighted.

Thing about Poch is he’s too honest. Every coach tells their player to go down with any type contact, he gets lambasted because he comes out and says/admits it. Every top coach treats the cups with lower regard in the modern game, heck even Fergie a lot of the time, it’s just he’s he only one who says it.

Well he’s well and truly ****** then if he does neither this season ;)

If he doesn’t get top 4 it’s a bad season for him and his targets. A cup win wouldn’t change that. That’s the harsh reality, whether old school supporters want to hear that or not.

Maybe I’m just a bit old school and would take a trophy over top 4 any day. But I see why it’s important for clubs (money!) I just can’t see Spurs maintaining this no matter how good a coach Poch is. No trophies. Other clubs willing to heavily invest and pay way bigger wages. Can see top 4 for Spurs getting harder and harder. Pool, City miles away. Sarri will get Chelsea clicking. If we had started the season under Ole and not Mou we would of been ahead of Spurs already. Well Arsenal are Arsenal and are only interested in signing more attackers....

Lets not get carried away. Can also make IFs about their injuries.
Think the evidence is clear to see. We started catching Spurs before they started losing players to injury also. And we clearly have a better squad than them.

Cant believe they let Dembele go mid season tbh. They be praying every night Eriksen signs that new contract because they won’t be able to replace him!

Solskjaer gives transfer deadline day update

He was specifically asked about Darmian.
At the moment I can see everyone staying at the club no deals have been done with anyone but there are still a few more days but I’m not too involved in the negotiations so whatever happens happens but it’ll be good to get the window closed and improving the players in the squad still here.

And then Andreas Pereira
No he is not going out on loan because Andreas has done fantastic in training. Ever since I came back, I’ve kept in touch with Warren and he’s a player I can see playing quite a few games for us towards the end of the season. And next season also.

Solskjaer on Burnley

Burnley, do you feel they’ve turned a corner in recent weeks?
Definitely, the results they’ve had and performances they’ve had says that and we know we’re up against a team that’s gonna come here and fight for three points as every single team in the Premier League will. They’ll cause you different problems, the physicality, the front two, got to be ready for them but we’ve turned the corner ourselves. We looked really good against Arsenal defensively, we defended the box really well and that’s gonna be important vs Burnley.

On Lingard

Lingard how impressed have you been with the way he has progressed, he’s probably one of the most important members of your team?
Jesse’s got energy, a steel about him, he can play in different positions, midfield three up front either side and he knows this club and sometimes in training you see him and Marcus linking up with Mason, Chongy, it’s lovely to watch when he made his debut against Burnley reserves he was a tiny little kid, his development has been fantastic.

On his job

The players are having fun on the pitch, are you having fun doing the job you’re doing?
I love it. It’s what you want, we’ve had some fantastic results, great performances and the improvement I can see in many aspects, just from Tottenham to Arsenal the way we improved the structure, the way the ideas, we get to know each other more and they get to know me and what I want from the team, the people said it was just about attacking attacking attacking but the other part I have been happy with because we haven’t leaked many goals.

On developing players

A lot of talk about developing players, do you think you need to pay attention to that?
It’s something that you need to pay attention to. It’s a difficult gap, the gap from U18s until you get into the first team that gap there with players nowadays get a bit more impatient than before and they want to move earlier but what is the best pathway is a difficult one because some teams in the lower leagues don’t play the way you want them to play, we’ve seen some players go to Germany to take the next step, Sancho’s a good example, goes to the Bundesliga then gets in the national team, is a different one. It’s not easy in the reserves, it’s hard, it’s a very difficult way and there are many hours spent finding a pathway.

On Pogba

There’s an argument someone like Pogba if he had stayed at United when he came back he wouldn’t have been the same player than if he had stayed?
I’m not sure about that because with the top talents that most of them jump over the reserves when you know, like Giggsy did, he went straight into the first team. Paul had six or seven games in the reserves and that was it, he probably would’ve got into the first team had he stayed. But he's a World Cup winner, plays well for Manchester United first team now.
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]

On young prospects

How tempting is it to get Greenwood in the team who is just a kid but is clearly a very talented one.
We have quite a few talents in that youth team that you’d like to see and will see at some point before next season to put the club and team in a good position at the end of the season, how will we look like next season, Mason (Greenwood), Jimmy Garner, Ethan Laird it’s just about the right time. We’ve got Alexis, Rom, Juan, who haven’t played so much lately, they’re three players you have to jump ahead of as well and they’re quality and we’re here for results as well.

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]OGS says Mason Greenwood, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes, Ethan Laird and Jimmy Garner will 'probably' be seen at some point before the end of the season. "I am planning for what @ManUtd are going to look like next season, with or without me."

:)[/FONT]

I don’t think it’s that poor if you just look at it from the bigger picture. Does really winning an FA Cup/League Cup suddenly make Tottenham a greater force? I see where he’s coming from, it’s like winning a carbao cup is the difference between people calling his Spurs tenure a failure or not by the narrow minded British media. He’s just defending his legacy. Ignore all the coaching, ignore all the progress and overachieving with limited resources/net spend, ignore the fact he has Spurs going to the Nou Camp, Bernabeu etc. and getting results with TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR, it’s all futile because he can’t win a carbao cup!!!
Arsenal have won numerous FA Cups over the last few years, does that change the fact they’ve been dog **** in that time, that it just papered over cracks and it was pretty much WengerOUT through it all?

Would you rather have been Spurs or Arsenal through those years? Because I know which one I’d rather.

Arsenal. Hands down.

They’ve been to 4 finals (3 FA Cup/ 1 League Cup) the last 5 years, winning 3. (The FA Cup’s.). Tottenham have been to 1. Losing the LC final.

As a fan, Cup runs and days out at finals are what’s it all about. Not least when you win 3 of them.

What exactly do ‘Spurs have to show through that time? Pochettino has sacked off the Europa League, when he had a major chance of winning it, for the sake of finishing top 4. Which is a complete disgrace IMHO and another major black mark against him. They’ve contrived to finish third, in a one horse race, to Leicester ****** City of all teams. (And finished behind Arsenal that season.).

It’s like Tottenham fans veinly, and pathetically, trying ti Lord it over L’pool for finishing above us the league through Klopp’s first three years. Forget the fact I’ve been to three Cup Finals that time. 2 in Europe of which Tottenham haven’t been anywhere NEAR for pushimg 4 decades. Neither club ultimately one anything but they’ve had it better as fans appatently.

Utd last year. We both finished a zillion points behind City. Both ultimately won nothing. But which would you have rather had? Finishing second the league amd crashing out of Europe the First knock-out? Or having the thrill and memories over going all the way to yet another European Cup final and a superb holiday at the bigest football occasion of all after the season? (And I know Utd fans had the Cup run. Just saying for all the 2nd over 4th bunkum.).

As a FAN (not the clubs POV. Their aspirations are financial which is a different objective again) I don’t personally get how anyone could think top 4 outweighs days out at finals and winning silverware. What’s the point if tou don’t want that?

Personally wouldn’t want Pochettino anywhere near my club. No question hes a real good coach. He teaches and improves players superbly. But his attitude to lots of things stinks.

Sound by me if you lads roll with him or Solksjaer.

Just don’r complain if he starts sacking Europe/ the Cup off for a top 4 finish the league.

Last edited:
Think the evidence is clear to see. We started catching Spurs before they started losing players to injury also. And we clearly have a better squad than them.

Cant believe they let Dembele go mid season tbh. They be praying every night Eriksen signs that new contract because they won’t be able to replace him!

Cmon they have been losing players left and rigth every **** month from start.

"Utd last year. We both finished a zillion points behind City. Both ultimately won nothing. But which would you have rather had? Finishing second the league amd crashing out of Europe the First knock-out? Or having the thrill and memories over going all the way to yet another European Cup final and a superb holiday at the bigest football occasion of all after the season? (And I know Utd fans had the Cup run. Just saying for all the 2nd over 4th bunkum.)." That's not going against my point though. A Champions League final = the grand-daddy. PL & CL > Cups. That's my point. It's just how it's seen. Obviously I would've rathered 4th + a CL final run than 2nd (as it shows massive progress amongst the European elite, and guaranteeing CL footy next season), but 4th and a FA Cup/League cup runner up medal? Meh, just give me 2nd in the league.

"Arsenal. Hands down. They’ve been to 4 finals (3 FA Cup/ 1 League Cup) the last 5 years, winning 3. (Tje FA Cup’s.). Tottenham have been to 1. Winning 1. As a fan, Cup runs and days out at finals are what’s it all about. Not least when you win 3 of them.
As a FAN (not the clubs POV. They’re aspirations are financial which is a different objective again) I don’t personally get how anyone could think top 4 outweighs days out at finals and winning silverware. What’s the point if tou don’t wat that?" - They're not mutually exclusive. But top 4>FA Cup/League cup with no top 4. If you truly want your club to progress in the bigger picture, emotions & bias of match-going aside, you'd agree.

"Personally wouldn’t want Pochettino anywhere near my club. No question hes a real good coach. He teaches and improves players superbly. But his attitude to lots of things stinks. Sound by me if you lads roll with him or Solksjaer. Just don’r complain if he starts sacking Europe/ the Cup off for a top 4 finish the league." - I'd imagine his attitude & approach for all fronts would be a **** of a lot different with elite club resources & quality squad depth. You have to take into account there's a massive drop off from XI to 2nd string (you guys used to challenge them on that until lately, now you've got one of the strongest), and when you're under pressure to somehow please everyone by continuing to progress and overachieve in the league & Europe with 11-13 starting quality players, and trying to please the old school, "you need to win a trophy" traditionalist mob, of course you're going to come out firing shots to defend yourself in some manner.

Last edited:
Your views on being a ‘fan’ differ massively from mine mate.

I get the different generational things. I get what Sky and the clubs condition people to these days.

But I don’t get ANYONE (not talking about yourself here Rh as you aren’t in the Country) who pays good money and makes all the sacrifices you make to follow a football tram atound who would take a top 4 finish (which in Tottenhams case amounts to literally the same as Arsenal. NOTHING as they’re no threat to go far in Europe. And when they are the manager sacks off the Europa at the knockout stage for the sale of the league) over a day out at a final and silverware. Memories money just can’t buy that P all over a league campaign that ultimately garners nothing.

Thats so foreign to the concept of being a supporter to me I just can’t begin to tell you.

Arsenal fans have had those moments and memories the last few years through the Cup runs. With silverware to celebrate.

Tottenham fans just the moments and memories from some great league performances that ultimatey lead them to no better than Arsenal and from some big European nights that went no further than what, last 16 in Europe?

BTW, we got to a CL final last year with 12 fit senior players and a mixture of sub-standard squad players, kids the league mirroring up a European league season alomgside it to finish 4th.

THAT’s how you come out firing under pressure. He’s not in an exclussive situation there.

Poch would have doubtless chosen to sack Europe off in the same situation for the top 4. AGAIN!

Last edited:
Back