The Manchester United Thread

From match day programme: Solskjaer says there 'will be more changes this evening. This is a squad full of good players, full of talent and full of determination to continue our winning run, so I know that I can trust whoever is selected to start this game'. #mufc

From match day programme: Solskjaer says there 'will be more changes this evening. This is a squad full of good players, full of talent and full of determination to continue our winning run, so I know that I can trust whoever is selected to start this game'. #mufc

Would like to see Dalot, Rashford, Martial and De Gea back in starting 11.

Team:

De Gea
Young
Lindelof
Jones
Shaw
Matic
Andreas
Pogba
Mata
Rashford
Lukaku

Subs: Romero, Dalot, Smalling, Fred, Herrera, Lingard, Alexis.

Just seen the team.
Bit of an added interest now with Pereira playing.

Just seen the team.
Bit of an added interest now with Pereira playing.

Yeah bit disappointed to see Lukaku and Mata both in the front three because they are both not great lately (bar Arsenal). I don't know where Bailly has gone either but I'm assuming he must be injured hence jones coming back in.

One other thing that is slightly annoying is not seeing Dalot because he had his best game in our last match before Arsenal and would of been perfect to get him back in tonight. Rest young's legs for Leicester on Saturday, lets face it Dalot isn't playing in that game either Barr injury.

Don't be surprised if we lack a bit of width tonight I'm afraid! But who can question Ole at the moment. Just my own opinion.

Yeah bit disappointed to see Lukaku and Mata both in the front three because they are both not great lately (bar Arsenal). I don't know where Bailly has gone either but I'm assuming he must be injured hence jones coming back in.

One other thing that is slightly annoying is not seeing Dalot because he had his best game in our last match before Arsenal and would of been perfect to get him back in tonight. Rest young's legs for Leicester on Saturday, lets face it Dalot isn't playing in that game either Barr injury.

Don't be surprised if we lack a bit od width tonight I'm afraid! But who can question Ole at the moment. Just my own opinion.
Martial injured and Bailly has illness like Shaw the other week. Don’t mind Lukaku starting tbh. Mata could be key If Burnley sit super deep. Can pick a pass. Ole just said there will be more rotation as a few niggles are creeping in.

Be interesting to see if Rashford is the man up top or lukaku, personally hope we stick with Rashford as striker but I have a feeling he'll be utilised out-wide.

Not the same intensity tonight so far. Need to up it and move the ball faster. Rashford should of buried that chance.

I was waiting for chants of "Are you Jose in disguise" :P

Don't be surprised if we lack a bit of width tonight I'm afraid! But who can question Ole at the moment. Just my own opinion.

Lingard has an injury and Lukaku was brilliant againt Arsenal. So both deserved to play

Referee ******* disgrace, adds on 5 minutes and ****** blows before it is even up not even adding on extra time for the goals scored. Does he even know the rules and did he even see how much time Burnley wasted? Wtf John Moss.

Wow what an ending. Fair play because I thought there was absolutely no way back from that. 2 mistakes cost us 2 goals other than that Burnley did nothing attacking wise. Credit due they defended for there lives. And the standard Heaton worldie at OT appears again. Small margins and Rashford missing that sitter set the tone for a lethargic first half.

Pogba summed it up perfect in his interview. They went a bit flat after they should of been in front. And it took them 2 long to get going again.

Ref getting absolutely slammed on MUTV and the stream I’m watching on my tablet.

Last edited:
Herrera criminally underrated and so important to this team. Feel a bit for Pereira, the ball into in from Jones was terrible and he has been shafted out by Mourinho since start of season.

Herrera criminally underrated and so important to this team. Feel a bit for Pereira, the ball into in from Jones was terrible and he has been shafted out by Mourinho since start of season.

He's mint isn't he. When you play with bite and tempo he absolutely comes to life.

2-2 was a fair result, in the sense that you cannot make those kind of sloppy errors, but we did well in coming back into it. Onwards and upwards though

Back