The Manchester United Thread

I think trying to win cups is very important. Becoming a champion is hugely about mentality and experience. Often people say that you have to lose a final before you can win one. I don't always agree with it, but playing finals gives you that mental strength you need to become a champion.

If you would be building to become champion in the EPL you better give your players experience in winning big matches, else they might choke when the pressure adds up. It's a bit like taking penalty's. People tend to say you can't really train them in training, because the pressure isn't like there is in an actual match.

I think trying to win cups is very important. Becoming a champion is hugely about mentality and experience. Often people say that you have to lose a final before you can win one. I don't always agree with it, but playing finals gives you that mental strength you need to become a champion.

If you would be building to become champion in the EPL you better give your players experience in winning big matches, else they might choke when the pressure adds up. It's a bit like taking penalty's. People tend to say you can't really train them in training, because the pressure isn't like there is in an actual match.

Agree with this 100%, it's no coincidence that when clubs like United, Liverpool and Arsenal were dominating they were winning leagues, cups and CL's. Well Arsenal wasn't but you know what I mean. They won a lot of FA Cups even when they were winning league titles as well.

It's about the winning mentality, as you say, now there are always exceptions. Like I know in the latter years of Fergie he put a weakened team out in FA Cup, but by that time he was looking for the bigger glory and had already instilled the winning mentality.

In a way I can understand Pochettino's comments, but it's the last thing you wan to be saying publicly. Especially if you ever want a bigger job.

Ole confirmed Smalling is back for selection btw. Only Rojo a couple weeks away from having a full strength squad. Also read this morning Neymar is 100% out and big doubts over Verratti for the first leg. No Rabiot or Kimpembe either.

Last edited:
Easy to chat about importance of cups when your clubs are dominating financially and have wide bench. Spurs have been punching far above their weight for several seasons now. For them to be able to keep at it, Pochetinno has no choice but to prioritize competitions that bring revenue.

I don't blame him one bit. I think someone calculated that with UEFA rewards+TV cash, you get more money for qualifying to CL group stage than you make for winning Europa League.

Last edited:
Easy to chat about importance of cups when your clubs are dominating financially and have wide bench. Spurs have been punching far above their weight for several seasons now. For them to be able to keep at it, Pochetinno has no choice but to prioritize competitions that bring revenue.

I don't blame him one bit. I think someone calculated that with UEFA rewards+TV cash, you get more money for qualifying to CL group stage than you make for winning Europa League.

This.

Really mate? You want to talk about a football club on the brink of administration 8/9 years ago? Thats taken the period to sort itself properly, forsaking spending money for much of that peruod to any significant degree it didn’t have to now be in a position to do so from it’s own coffers. Spending no more than it earns in a sustainable, self-suffucient way. Who have a net transfer spend down there with Tottenham over the period?

They aren’t in an exclussive position financialy the top 6 at all.

Last edited:
Bit more on Neymar. Club spokesperson has said he’s 90% going to need surgery and will miss both legs against us.

Think I’d rather Neymar play. Somone who actually cares for the team and works hard might well replace him!

Honestly, for all the best players the World I’ve been fortunate to see live the CL era, he stands alone as the single biggest disgrace. His attitude was beyond abysmal. PSG may have well as had 10 men.

Hopefully for them Mbappe doesn’t go the same way being around that humongous ego.

Great draw :)

[FONT=&quot]PSG (h), Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h)......PSG (a), Arsenal (a), Man City (h). Fair to say by end of March everyone will be clearer about OGS’s chances of getting his dream job.[/FONT]

Great draw :)

PSG (h), Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h)......PSG (a), Arsenal (a), Man City (h). Fair to say by end of March everyone will be clearer about OGS’s chances of getting his dream job.

That's batshit crazy fixture list coming up, important we try and get as many wins before that as possible. Today vs Burnley, Leicester and Fulham all winnable games on paper.

Leicester fans **** me off. Because they pulled off one of, if not the most freak achievement in football history, it's like they think they have some divine right to be challenging the top 6 every year or something. They're so self-entitled. Madness how a manager who's 8th, yes, EIGHTH! Not hovering relegation, not bottom half, not even mid table; EIGHTH, is the heavy bookies favourite to be next PL manager to get the chop. All stemming from the PuelOut mob.

What do they expect? I'm really curious. He's not underachieving with this squad. Not like he didn't just beat Chelsea & City back-to-back, and was a penalty shootout away vs. City from guiding them to a cup semi final?

Not denying there could be some improved results, like the current scoreline today, but not enough to the extent that warrants sacking him, paying compo, getting a new man in, etc.

From the horses mouth on their Puel feelings:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2019/...-key-midfield-battle-the-view-from-leicester/

I'd rather win the derby and continue our surge for top 4, not giving a **** about who wins what. It won't be us winning the title, that's the only thing that I'm bothered about.

I'd sell him for a packet of cheetos!
Just keep your fingers crossed.

this guy is reliable as it comes to Belgium players moving.

Shandong Luneng are the club pushing for Marouane Fellaini. They hope to get a deal done asap. #mufc

tbf he’s scored some massive goals for us. And been a good option off the bench for most parts. Good luck to him!

Last edited:
Back