The Manchester United Thread

Herrera criminally underrated and so important to this team. Feel a bit for Pereira, the ball into in from Jones was terrible and he has been shafted out by Mourinho since start of season.
Yeah ball was hit to hard at his weaker side. Could of done better but wasn’t helped for sure. Ole won’t kill him for it that’s for sure. Still proud of the lads. Moss you ****!

Herrera is quality and very underrated by all! Should be captain imo.

Martial badly missed too. Our best attacker imo. Usually good and combining with players with little intricate 1-2s in these type of games too.

Rash has to bury the first. Martial would've. Thought we saw the back of that when Zlatan, God bless his beautiful Swedish hair, left. Not too happy with the draw tbh, feels like 2 points dropped but fair play for fighting til the end.

Happy to see Lindelof net.

Pereira's not a DM either, too risky a player to be receiving/ball hogging that deep, backs himself *too* much. It was a nice idea/experiment by Jose to try convert him there, as he has some qualities to be decent in that role (Jorginho similarities), but he's an offence minded player for me. Pogba backup/wing back up. Get him wide and let him whip in balls when we need a goal, not receiving from CB's trying to evade tackles & build.

Last edited:
Martial badly missed too. Our best attacker imo. Usually good and combining with players with little intricate 1-2s in these type of games too.

Rash has to bury the first. Martial would've. Thought we saw the back of that when Zlatan, God bless his beautiful Swedish hair, left. Not too happy with the draw tbh, feels like 2 points dropped but fair play for fighting til the end. Happy to see Lindelof net. Pereira's not a DM either, too risky a player to be receiving/ball hogging that deep, backs himself *too* much. It was a nice idea/experiment by Jose to try convert him there, as he has some qualities to be decent in that role (Jorginho similarities), but he's an offence minded player for me. Pogba backup/wing back up. Get him wide and let him whip in balls when we need a goal, not receiving from CB's trying to evade tackles & build.
Completely agree with regards to Pereira. Really surprised Ole had him so deep. Another top performance by Lindelof was impressed not just with his performance but how much fight you could see. And how angry he was in his face after going 2 down. Showed real fighting spirit tonight. Lingard just as key as Herrera in this team. His energy is always top. But his movement and clever runs turned it for us when he came on. Another underrated player by most fans. Thought Mata was better central and Sanchez did great to win that header against there CB before Lindelof scored. Special mention for Matic though he was superb tonight and his match stats show that easily.

Wtf is Dyche on about. It was a clear peno on Lingard. Lindelof was not offside and how the **** can he complain about the extra time! FFS he can do one. Tom Heaton wasted 2 mins 5 seconds taking goal kicks in extra time alone!

#Martial a trouvé un accord total pour la prolongation de son contrat avec Manchester United. Martial va prolonger son contrat de 5 ans. Il sera donc lié avec Manchester jusqu’en juin 2024. La signature de sa prolongation aura lieu avant vendredi. #MUFC #RMCsport

#Martial today found a total agreement for the extension of his contract with Manchester United. Martial will extend his five-year contract. It will therefore be linked with Manchester until June 2024. The signature of his extension will take place Friday.

At least we learned yesterday who gotta go even though we already knew it. Take sentimality out of it, Mata doesn't suit the style of play, Jones cost us a goal once again, Pereira looks beyond reprieve .

Salvaged a point so got to take the positive, but once again our squad weaknesses exposed for me. Yeah Rashford should have buried that early chance but for me the lineup was wrong.

Personally wanted to see Dalot last night, had his best game vs Brighton and set up a goal. Would have been perfect to give young a rest and keep him for Leicester (away).

Hopefully back to winning ways against Leicester, definitely bring back Herrera, Bailly and Martial.

At least we learned yesterday who gotta go even though we already knew it. Take sentimality out of it, Mata doesn't suit the style of play, Jones cost us a goal once again, Pereira looks beyond reprieve .

Salvaged a point so got to take the positive, but once again our squad weaknesses exposed for me. Yeah Rashford should have buried that early chance but for me the lineup was wrong.

Personally wanted to see Dalot last night, had his best game vs Brighton and set up a goal. Would have been perfect to give young a rest and keep him for Leicester (away).

Hopefully back to winning ways against Leicester, definitely bring back Herrera, Bailly and Martial.
Hopefully the latter are available. Least Smalling back so won’t be no Jones hopefully. Really don’t think there was anything wrong with that team last night. Mata was fine tbh only when CENTRAL. Periera was ok up until that hospital pass from Jones. He could of done better just by popping it off quickly but didn’t look sharp due to lack of game time. Hope there both still here next season!

Hopefully the latter are available. Least Smalling back so won’t be no Jones hopefully. Really don’t think there was anything wrong with that team last night. Mata was fine tbh only when CENTRAL. Periera was ok up until that hospital pass from Jones. He could of done better just by popping it off quickly but didn’t look sharp due to lack of game time. Hope there both still here next season!

I like mata as a person and even as a footballer too. But our right side becomes so predictable when it's just Young trying to cross balls from there and our middle seems to be really congested. I'd love to see us get a proper RW for next season, I want to see Chong given a go but I think he isn't quite ready to play a major role.

I love Mata, I just don't see what he brings to the side that's needed when Pogba's in it. Pogba's good enough to be the sole source of creativity; just replace Mata with a runner and that'll help Pogba do that. Admittedly tricky last night with Martial injured and Jesse not at 100% apparently (Read it here?), but could've just went Alexis LW/Lukaku #9/Rashford RW and allow him to hit Rashford in the channel a lá Mbappe at the world cup as the main ball.

Going forward, I see Mata as a cup player/back up/useful sub to bring on when we're chasing a late goal or trying to slow things down. Could be good for us in Pogba's role/or as a #10 in a 4-2-3-1 when Pogba's not available.

Last edited:
I love Mata, I just don't see what he brings to the side that's needed when Pogba's in it. Pogba's good enough to be the sole source of creativity; just replace Mata with a runner and that'll help Pogba do that. Admittedly tricky last night with Martial injured and Jesse not at 100% apparently (Read it here?), but could've just went Alexis LW/Lukaku #9/Rashford RW and allow him to hit Rashford in the channel a lá Mbappe at the world cup as the main ball.

Going forward, I see Mata as a cup player/back up/useful sub to bring on when we're chasing a late goal or trying to slow things down. Could be good for us in Pogba's role/or as a #10 in a 4-2-3-1 when Pogba's not available.

I think it may be time to say goodbye to Mata at end of season, if we get a proper RW and promote some youth players I don't see where he plays. I mean yeh he could perhaps do *** you suggested but I just feel we need to prioritise other players now. Next season I'd like a clean slate for Fred and believe he deserves a second season. Rather than Mata replacing Pogba we could use Gomes who is more mobile as well.

Yeah that’s what I’m saying mate. Should be kept as a squad player. While the likes of Chong, Gomes, Greenwood start getting eased through. Really don’t want a summer of massive changes in the squad.

Confirmed: Marouane Fellaini signs for Shandong Luneng on a three-year deal.

• 177 Manchester United apps
• 177 Everton apps
• 11 years in England

End of an era. Good luck in China.

Roshaun Williams is going Shrewsbury by the sounds of it. I hope it’s a loan!

[FONT=&quot]#MUAcademy graduate Ro-Shaun Williams has left #MUFC to join Shrewsbury Town on a permanent deal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for all your efforts, Ro-Shaun, and all the best for the future.

Shame :([/FONT]

Last edited:
With Chelsea beat & Spurs losing, the 2 points dropped last night is even more frustrating.

With Chelsea beat & Spurs losing, the 2 points dropped last night is even more frustrating.

It's exactly this that has pretty much summed up our season though. I simply think we MUST win Leicester and Fulham games because our fixture list after that gets very difficult. Leicester will be tricky, they always play better in big games and Fulham are fighting for their lives.

We seem to do well vs. Leicester though, compared to other big teams.

Back