The Manchester United Thread

Everytime I head get rid of Mata, I'd convinced people here are insane. We dont have another player like him. When Pogba is out, he is the next best creative central option.

Also we haven't used a proper right wing under Ole. He likes them to roam precisely because they cant be tracked easily. We don't need a predictable winger

Everytime I head get rid of Mata, I'd convinced people here are insane. We dont have another player like him. When Pogba is out, he is the next best creative central option.

Also we haven't used a proper right wing under Ole. He likes them to roam precisely because they cant be tracked easily. We don't need a predictable winger

It's no coincidence every time Mata plays lately the team doesn't function properly and we don't get a positive performance. Mata has really done naff all this season, I mean he's rarely even played in the middle anyway. Most managers put him on the right and then he just drifts in and takes up the Pogba zone.

I don't see why people rate Mata so much now, I can't remember his last great performance in a United shirt. I'd much rather have Lingard on the right because he makes much more of an impact in games these days. Unfortunately Mata just isn't mobile enough to execute the counter either. People will beg to differ but for me, he just doesn't fit where we are trying to go as a team right now.

Yeah we haven't used a right winger..... we don't have one though. Look to that last game vs burnley, Mata drifts inn to the middle it's overly congested and all young ends up doing is punting balls in to the box. At least have someone who can take on a man and set up a goal, which is actually what Dalot did vs Brighton. All too predictable when Mata is in the team, it's a repeating pattern lately.

Last edited:
Nah I'd still say he's got something to offer us, he has undoubted quality and is a nice *central* option between the lines when Pogba isn't on the pitch, or to throw on when we need to calm down/add some composure whilst chasing a goal or seeing out a lead. I know you'll say "we have Angel Gomes" Zz, but there's still planets between them quality wise at senior level.

Having said that, he simply can't start many more games when Pogba's on the pitch. I know people will say "What about Silva/KDB? They work" but they're in a clear, robotic system that allows that to work and Silva is more mobile, robust and better in defensive transition - and probably 'enhanced' to the eyeballs lol.

Matic Herrera
Pogba
Lingard/Rashford/Martial = my front 6.

Apparently looking quite seriously at this Bergwijn lad (don't know how true it is) who can operate on either flank ala Sancho/Mane etc. So Mike's right, definitely seem to be looking to go down a more fluid route in the front 3, with pacey, interchangeable forwards.

RW: Lingard, Rashford, Alexis, Lukaku?
ST: Rashford, Lukaku, Alexis, Martial, Lingard (false 9)
LW: Martial, Alexis, Rashford

It's nice

Darmian, Valencia, Jones, Rojo next and I will be happy.

Lots if reports coming out Young is to sign a 1yr extension. Makes perfect sense to me with Valencia and Darmian leaving. Will give Dalot more time. And the likes of O’Connor, Laird, Williams time to start coming through.

Last edited:
Mata does not take 'Pogbas space'. Pogba is playing LCM and drifts wide or as outside AM. Mata takes outside AM and central AM role. Sure, they sometimes overlap, but thats nothing. More concerned with Rashford overlaping everyone.

Mata does not take 'Pogbas space'. Pogba is playing LCM and drifts wide or as outside AM. Mata takes outside AM and central AM role. Sure, they sometimes overlap, but thats nothing. More concerned with Rashford overlaping everyone.

Rashford is delivering goals and assists though most games, Mata is delivering money to charity and nothing else. I love Mata as a human but as a footballer what has he really done this season. Can't even have an impact against a team like Burnley.

Rashford is delivering goals and assists though most games, Mata is delivering money to charity and nothing else. I love Mata as a human but as a footballer what has he really done this season. Can't even have an impact against a team like Burnley.

And who creates service for Rashford. Oh wait it's players like Mata.

But sure let's start removing our midfield platform so we have something else to moan about in future. Rashford hasn't even come close yet to the overall impact Mata has has since he joined. And I really like Rashford. If we sold every player based on short term whims we would have no squad left.

DEVONTE REDMOND: Congrats to the U23 player @devonteredmond. Who has signed for the class of 92s club @SalfordCityFC until the end of the season.

Think GK Fjoiticek also went out on loan also. RoShaun, Willock, Sang, Whelan, Dearnley, Poole, Hamilton, J Periera. That’s 10 more u23 loaned out till the end of the season. Will give lots of u23 game time now to the talented u18s. Thinking Greenwood, Laird, Levitt, Williams, Traore, Mellor, Kovar. Some promoted FT others float between the 2 and depending if it’s a big cup game drop down.

which will give ways for Devine, McGhee and McCann to break into the U18s XI and the likes of Helm, Bejger, Stanley, Neville etc some U18s game times. As well as the new signings made.

The young Monaco lad we were trying to sign didn’t get done in time. But Mohamed Bouhafsi says it will go through in a Martial type structured deal. Also says this lad is getting Mbappe level hype from all scouts in France and looks like he could become a superstar. Not seen any confirmed fee just one mention of around 40m euros + add ons

Nantes transfer chief Matthieu Bideau told L'Equipe: "The last time we had in France a phenomenon of this magnitude around a young player, it was Kylian Mbappé.

Very refreshing to hear Solskjaer comments on Martial and especially how he wants to develop certain parts of his game such as making more runs in behind the defence. For me this is spot on, addressing Martial's strengths with the ball but fans have been saying for a while now that his off the ball movement could be better. I'm glad we have a manager willing to openly admit this and at least as fans we know that the right stuff is being done behind closed doors in training.

Happy Pogb and Martial will be available. Now just put one of Smalling or Bailly with Lindelof.

We need them badly, hope we bring Bailly back in. ****** Jones cost us again on Tuesday. Cycle of Jones : Plays well for a few games - Costs us a goal - Gets injured... rinse and repeat for f*cking ever!

Back