The Manchester United Thread

We need them badly, hope we bring Bailly back in. ****** Jones cost us again on Tuesday. Cycle of Jones : Plays well for a few games - Costs us a goal - Gets injured... rinse and repeat for f*cking ever!
Yep beyond frustrating at this point.

Very refreshing to hear Solskjaer comments on Martial and especially how he wants to develop certain parts of his game such as making more runs in behind the defence. For me this is spot on, addressing Martial's strengths with the ball but fans have been saying for a while now that his off the ball movement could be better. I'm glad we have a manager willing to openly admit this and at least as fans we know that the right stuff is being done behind closed doors in training.

Yeo, We've been saying this for a long time. This is what's stopping him from currently being a 9. Get that right on the wing, and then you've got a shot up top

Am I the only one who thinks we won’t sign or need to sign a FB in the Summer. Dalot, Shaw, TFM, Young. O’Connor been training with the first team regular now for the last 3 weeks looking like he might get some mins after the crazy fixtures are out the way. Then Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams will both be 18 around next August and Ole already looking to fast track them this season. Not to add Demi Mitchell but will have to see with him after he returns from a couple good loan spells. People at the club rate him. That’s potentially 8 FBs there. Plus there all versatile and can play opposite sides and CB.

Laird is definitely more natural RWB and Williams more comfortable at LB. Both look good at CB especially Laird who is just a super talent along with O’Connor imo, who could easily develop into a to RB or CB real Royce of a player. TFM looks always better at CM/DM coming through the academy but hasn’t disgraced himself at RB by any means.

Really can’t see and personally don’t think we need much in the Summer. 2/3 max imo and more clearing out at first team and especially u23s.

Am I the only one who thinks we won’t sign or need to sign a FB in the Summer. Dalot, Shaw, TFM, Young. O’Connor been training with the first team regular now for the last 3 weeks looking like he might get some mins after the crazy fixtures are out the way. Then Ethan Laird and Brandon Williams will both be 18 around next August and Ole already looking to fast track them this season. Not to add Demi Mitchell but will have to see with him after he returns from a couple good loan spells. People at the club rate him. That’s potentially 8 FBs there. Plus there all versatile and can play opposite sides and CB.

Laird is definitely more natural RWB and Williams more comfortable at LB. Both look good at CB especially Laird who is just a super talent along with O’Connor imo, who could easily develop into a to RB or CB real Royce of a player. TFM looks always better at CM/DM coming through the academy but hasn’t disgraced himself at RB by any means.

Really can’t see and personally don’t think we need much in the Summer. 2/3 max imo and more clearing out at first team and especially u23s.

We need either a left back or a right back, depending on where you see Young covering.

You need 4 good full backs. And the rest arent there. Dalot should be the "weakest" of the 4
Will see I guess. Don’t think the club will go out and spend big on another FB when they have spent all that time and money on Shaw and that money on Dalot just. Plus with the talent soon knocking on the door. Thinks that’s why they wanna tie Young and possibly Valencia for one more year.

Would love Wan-Bissaka. Would be willing to cut ties with TFM (with a re-sign clause) if it meant signing WB.

Ideal summer window for me = CB, RB & CM. Fellaini sold, maybe McTominay loan, Darmian out and one of Rojo/Smalling/Jones sold - all replaced with upgrades.

E.g. Koulibaly, Wan-Bissaka & ______ (insert a CM)

Last edited:
Will see I guess. Don’t think the club will go out and spend big on another FB when they have spent all that time and money on Shaw and that money on Dalot just. Plus with the talent soon knocking on the door. Thinks that’s why they wanna tie Young and possibly Valencia for one more year.

If we give Valencia another year then we mayswell give up on next season because there is not one reason he should be still here. Everyone seems to love Young (he does have a great attitude) but even he has cost us goals this season. 2nd goal for Burnley he had a portion of blame, 1st goal for Liverpool and that's just at the top of my head. For me we need a fullback badly, Young should be a backup at best next season.

If we give Valencia another year then we mayswell give up on next season because there is not one reason he should be still here. Everyone seems to love Young (he does have a great attitude) but even he has cost us goals this season. 2nd goal for Burnley he had a portion of blame, 1st goal for Liverpool and that's just at the top of my head. For me we need a fullback badly, Young should be a backup at best next season.
Its a fine balancing act the club have especially with the exceptional talents coming through. I agree with regards to Young and Valencia!

Its a fine balancing act the club have especially with the exceptional talents coming through. I agree with regards to Young and Valencia!

Mate we need to give Dalot more playing time, I rate this guy and think he'll be good enough. I really didn't get playing Young vs Burnley because it was obvious he going to be used for Leicester as well. It's a shame because Dalot had his best game vs Brighton and we haven't seen him at all since. Got a great cross on him and can beat a man, more than can be said for most our fullbacks.

Last edited:
Mate we need to give Dalot more playing time, I rate this guy and think he'll be good enough. I really didn't get playing Young vs Burnley because it was obvious he going to be used for Leicester as well. It's a shame because Dalot had his best game vs Brighton and we haven't seen him at all since. Got a great cross on him and can beat a man, more than can be said for most our fullbacks.
100% Dalot needs to be starting. That’s kinda my point at the start. Him and Shaw should be starters with Young, Mitchell, O’Connor, Laird, Williams. Coming through.

ideal Summer!

Outs: Darmian, Rojo, Jones, Valencia, Grant

Ins: Koulibaly, Neves

Loan: McTominay, Joel, TFM, O’Connor

GKs: DDG, Romero, Henderson

FBs: Dalot, Shaw, Young, Laird, Mitchell

CBs: Smalling, Lindelof, Bailly, Koulibaly, Tuanzebe

Mids: Pogba, Herrera, Matic, Periera, Neves, Fred, Gomes, Garner

Frw: Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez, Lingard, Mata, Chong

U23s vs Saints side :)

Kovar

Tanner, Ercolani, Bernard, Williams
Levitt, Garner, Gomes
Chong, Greenwood, Burkart

Subs: Olusinde, Fojticek, Bohui, Barlow, Traore

Very exciting to see how the talents of Bernard, Williams, Levitt, Greenwood, Traore handle the step up. Greenwood struggled a little in his first couple of u23 games.

The Fab Four are there watching tonight :)

Only 7 mins gone but the energy alone let alone the pure quality on show is night and day compared to some of the u23s that have been here way to long!

Greenwood and Chong looked to have filled out a little lately by the looks of it. Should of been 1-0 there Greenwood with a great ball to Chong who blazes over from about 10yards.

Fantastic counter attack. Gomes bursts from deep who slots it to Greenwood who is denied by a fantastic save. Garner, Levitt, Gomes running the show.

Close again. Brandon Williams with a great dribbling run from LB passes to Levitt to have his long range effort skim past the post.

well lol. Saints first attack and they make it 0-1 after being completely dominated. Bernard got turned by the bigger stronger ST who slotted home.

0-1 HT. Since the goal Saints have just sat back and look to defend. On the rare occasion they venture out there clearly attacking Tanner at RB who is average at best. The young lads played well tbh. Bernard’s struggled a little with the physicality of there monster #9. Greenwood been on the edges bar a few good attempts. Levitt been quality in CM. And Brandon Williams been great at LB.

59 mins gone Bohui on for Burkart. Been really disjointed this half so far.

1st good attack of the second half comes from a bursting run from CB by Bernard who decides to take a long range effort. Keeper tips it wide. Great jinking run by Gomes moments later sees his lob attempt just sale over.

Southampton playing like some PL relegation sluggers packing there box much like Brighton last week. Playing rough and tumble football. God knows how this is good for there development!

Lost 0-1. Completely dominated they only scored off there only attack. Absolutely disgusting seeing park the bus 90 min rough and tumble hoof ball at youth level!!!

Last edited:
Hope everything ok!

[FONT=&quot]BOMB SCARE AT LSV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Players evacuated straight on to the busses at Full Time armed police and bomb units called to the stadium.[/FONT]

..... Absolutely disgusting seeing park the bus 90 min rough and tumble hoof ball at youth level!!!

Why? Most of these lads will (hopefully) have a career in the game somewhere in the football league. Lower down for most of them. It’s a brutal, hard World to survive in when lads are playing to put food on the table.

Great preperation for them to experience that side of the game away from the pampered nature of a PL Academy at 18s level.

Welcome to mens football!

Why? Most of these lads will (hopefully) have a career in the game somewhere in the football league. Lower down for most of them. It’s a brutal, hard World to survive in when lads are playing to put food on the table.

Great preperation for them to experience that side of the game away from the pampered nature of a PL Academy at 18s level.

Welcome to mens football!
What are they learning honestly. They literally had 11 men behind the ball 5/6 at the back at times. No attackers even up field when they got chance to hoof it. No interest in playing the ball only the man. Wasting time from min O. Saints use to be a good academy side to watch but boy that’s changed this season! I would be ashamed to put my kid in an football learning environment (loosest sense) like that.

Sorry that ain’t football to me. A lot of academy players don’t end up making it but least they actually try to play football.

They’l both come against and play for lots of teams like that. That’s the reality of professional football and the 23s level is the bridge before that for these lads. It gives them an understanding of just how tough the professional game is and how hard you have to battle to succeed.

Completey disagree with you. The more different experiences they get the better. It’s like when you often nark about physical challenges at youth level. Why? It’s all part of what they’ll experience in the mens game and prepares them both ways. Both from a physicality stand point and from a discipline one if they over step the mark. Can’t do with refs that swerve booking lads at youth level if they transgress. They need to learn for when they do hopefully become pros.

Its not all pampered treatment like PL clubs out there. It’s a harsh World of sink or swim and experiencing that side of the game at 23s level is never a bad thing.

They’l both come against and play for lots of teams like that. That’s the reality of professional football and the 23s level is the bridge before that for these lads. It gives them an understanding of just how tough the professional game is and how hard you have to battle to succeed.

Completey disagree with you. The more different experiences they get the better. It’s like when you often nark about physical challenges at youth level. Why? It’s all part of what they’ll experience in the mens game and prepares them both ways. Both from a physicality stand point and from a discipline one if they over step the mark. Can’t do with refs that swerve booking lads at youth level if they transgress. They need to learn for when they do hopefully become pros.

Its not all pampered treatment like PL clubs out there. It’s a harsh World of sink or swim and experiencing that side of the game at 23s level is never a bad thing.
**** right I get narked about 2 footed tackles and knee high challenges that don’t get called up by refs. The amount of injuries we suffered last season and this season is ridiculous. That’s just stupidity from refs letting that go. And isn’t teaching **** except from letting them come through thinking it’s ok to get away with. Tbh refs a joke at all levels!

I understand what your saying about both sides of the game. But everytime they had the ball they either hoofed it or had no clue how to try play out or use the ball. What goods that. That’s the basics you need to learn passing etc. A saints fan on Twitter said this is how they have been playing nearly every week. Oh well each to there own. Prefer my teams to try play with the ball when possible and have good structure. Joyce was defensive a coach as there was but still got the lads to play while still being disciplined and resolute at the back to prepare the lads for 1st team football. Either at OT or away.

Mate, please. Like Utd lads don’t leave their foot in at times the youth ranks. You’re sounding like someone entitled from a big PL club at youth level.

Football’s football and that will never change.

Back