The Manchester United Thread

Mate, please. Like Utd lads don’t leave their foot in at times the youth ranks. You’re sounding like someone entitled from a big PL club at youth level.

Football’s football and that will never change.
Not entitled at all. Can’t think think of any challenges that have left opponents out injured for months. I don’t mind hard football. There’s a difference between that and reckless.

This idea of mens football etc is absolutely bollocks, because it often becomes about physicality rather than technical skills. And at that age band it's all about enhancing technical skills

This idea of mens football etc is absolutely bollocks, because it often becomes about physicality rather than technical skills. And at that age band it's all about enhancing technical skills

pretty much why Pep ball is putting our youth team players at 10mil+ straight out the gate at 17/18.

The football league/ semi-pro football, which is far more physical and ******* out results that livelehoods depend on than the PL, is ‘bollocks.’

Which in effect is what you’ve just said. I dread to think what you make of the loan system introducing young lads to the mans game.

Interesting take.

The loan system is bollocks if they are not going to the right club and style. It's not rocket science.

The fact that you're talking about it being more physical and ******* out just reinforces my point.

The loan system is bollocks if they are not going to the right club and style. It's not rocket science.

The fact that you're talking about it being more physical and ******* out just reinforces my point.
Thats exactly what Ole said in his presser when asked about it. There’s no point in loaning our players to teams unless there the right style you want them developing to. And returning ready and better set for the first team you wish to break into.

At Aon training complex
Kick off 12:30 pm
Live on MUTV

Liverpool is first in the table after playing 12 games with 30 points. We are fourth after 11 games with 27 points.

Expected line up:

Thompson
Puigmal - Mengi - Bejger - Devine
McGhee - Galbraith - Traore
Ramazani - Elanga - McCann

still looks a very good young u18s team with Denham, Neville, Hockenhull, Stanley and Helm who have all played for the 18s this season, probably on the bench despite only being 15/16 yrs of age. Really is a young squad now if the likes of Williams, Laird, Bernard, Levitt, Greenwood have all been promoted to the u23s after so many left on loan.

Really excited to see Mengi can keep his impressive form up despite not long turning 15 same for Elanga. And new signings Berjger making his debut highly touted for by some of Europe’s top clubs before we beat them to him. Devine who we got from City has been fantastic on the 3 occasions he featured when Williams has been injured. Have no doubt Traore will step up despite being super impressive already, in the absence of Levitt and Garner. Academy is in great shape tbh. Not even mentioned Puigmal, McCann, Ramanzani Or the new signings waiting on clearance to play.

Last edited:

A very flawed point from a very insular view on the loan system. The life blood of many lower league clubs and massively important career step for the majority who will end up playing lower down. If they’re lucky enough to make a career out of the game.

Unless of course all you care about is those really talemted lads on your books you think will make it and to **** with the majority of the rest. Then you would share those views on the loan system.

Interesting take.

Rashford is delivering goals and assists though most games, Mata is delivering money to charity and nothing else. I love Mata as a human but as a footballer what has he really done this season. Can't even have an impact against a team like Burnley.

This isn't one against the other case. You're entitled to your own opinion, and i cannot stress how highly I disagree with it, so I'm going to leave it here.

About Rashford, he's fantastic player to have. But he does overlap a bit too much with other players for my liking. Yeah, confidence is high and he feels every ball should be his, but thats not efficient. He's a smart player, he'll figure it out and become even better.

A very flawed point from a very insular view on the loan system. The life blood of many lower league clubs and massively important career step for the majority who will end up playing lower down. If they’re lucky enough to make a career out of the game.

Unless of course all you care about is those really talemted lads on your books you think will make it and to **** with the majority of the rest. Then you would share those views on the loan system.

Interesting take.

What are you on about? I'm talking about the loan system as a tool of development. You literally couldn't have read that more wrong unless you were trying to. It doesn't matter whether they could be a super star or probably not good enough: if at that age you're trying to develop their technical skills, sending them somewhere based on physicality will not develop them. You're neglecting a core skills which means they won't be the best players they can be, whether they go on to be a premier league player or a league 2 player. 18-21 they need to be getting regular match time with their core skills. So they need to be playing where that helps them. So a loan is not the be all and end all

You're mad about and entirely different point.

And teams shouldn't be reliant on loans anyway. That's a sign of a broken system and terrible lower club management.

The loan system has become a bloated mess rather than the supplementary support it was supposed to be. Some teams now actively neglect having full squads to get youngsters from above to miminise costs. That's unsustainable

Last edited:
Thats exactly what Ole said in his presser when asked about it. There’s no point in loaning our players to teams unless there the right style you want them developing to. And returning ready and better set for the first team you wish to break into.
The whole point of the loan is mutual benefit. If the player isn't benefitting, it's not a good loan.

U18s starting 11 and Subs

[FONT=&quot]1. Thompson [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Puigmal [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Devine [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Mengi [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Bejger[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. McCann[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. Stanley [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8. McGhee[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. Elanga [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10. Galbraith [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11. Ramazani [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12. Traore [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13. Carney [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14. Denham[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15. Neville [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16. Helm

Excited to see this very young u18s today [/FONT]

Nearly 1-0 after 3 mins great switch of play from RB by Puigmal to Ramanzani who does a couple of step overs and gets a wicked shot away. Denied by a great save.

Thompson with a great point blank save to keep it at 0-0

Lovely move by Utd. Nice one touch passing Between Elanga and Devine who gets a cross in from the byline for Ramanzani to be denied by a good save. Elanga has absolute electric pace think he is honestly quicker than Rashford!

30 mins gone Utd edging it so far. Galbraith has been awful passing the ball giving it away a lot. Stanley and Elanga look lively on the wings. Berjger has made some great challenges and has been good with the ball and heading. Devine has looked good going both ways. But best player on the pitch so far is Puigmal by a mile. Middlesbrough played some nice footy.

0-0 HT. pretty even tbh. Lads have had the better chances. Happy how we played so far. Chemistry obviously not there having only played together this half. Lack of a proper STR is hurting us in attacking positions. Take off Galbraith for Traore and we will start dominating CM a bit more.

Last edited:
So sending Beckham to Preston NE to experience the 'mens' game was bollocks, even Beckham himself admits his stint in the lower leagues improved his technical ability. By sending a youngster out on loan to play first team football you are doing two things proving that the individual can adapt to a different style/level and making a point to them that just because they start at a big club doesn't mean they are good enough to stay there. U18 and U23 level is all well and good but it is still very much a goldfish bowl for young players. Not all loans work out it is true but better for a player and a club to find out sooner rather than waste more money on what may never happen.

Good start to the second half. Going close 3 times early on with Elanga, Ramanzani twice.

0-1 Middlesbrough. Poor from Mengi. Did well initially to muscle the forward to get the ball but then let the forward pinch it back while trying to usher it out. Ends up giving away a peno trying to make up for his mistake.

Connor Stanley off for Aliou Traore 67 mins.

What a great move lovely play between Traore and Puigmal who squares it to Elanga who shot bounces of the inside of the post. God knows how that stayed out! Then there keeper makes a worldie from a Puigmal freekick.

FFS great through ball by Ramanzani who puts McGhee one on one who fluffs it straight at the keeper.

What the actual **** lol. 0-2 long ball downfield GK Thompson brain dead comes rushing out gets nowhere near the ball, while cleaning out his CB at the same time. Leaving an open goal for a tap in.

0-3 from a free header. Poor defending but even more poor GK. Header wasn’t that strong and keeper was well positioned at the near post.

Traore hits the post after a solo run. Him and Helm have made a difference since coming on.

Last edited:
FT 0-3 bad loss and very bad performance second half. Ryan would have learned a lot today! From my opinion Thompson is just an average GK even at this level. Puigmal is just class every time he plays and can see why we spent big money on him. Mengi, Berjger, Devine all look talents but at 15 clearly lack experience at this level. McGhee and Galbraith look poor and not even close to Garner and Levitt! McCann looks good but not a DM, god knows why Traore didn’t start there today or start full stop. Ramanzani, Elanga, Stanley are not STRs and struggled with the lack of one. And looked lost when asked to do a job there.

Cant see those promoted to the u23s being as permanent as I think ****, Ryan, Sbragia had hoped. The team that played today are are either not of the quality or are simply not ready to be under 18 regs.

What are you on about? I'm talking about the loan system as a tool of development. You literally couldn't have read that more wrong unless you were trying to. It doesn't matter whether they could be a super star or probably not good enough: if at that age you're trying to develop their technical skills, sending them somewhere based on physicality will not develop them. You're neglecting a core skills which means they won't be the best players they can be, whether they go on to be a premier league player or a league 2 player. 18-21 they need to be getting regular match time with their core skills. So they need to be playing where that helps them. So a loan is not the be all and end all

You're mad about and entirely different point.

And teams shouldn't be reliant on loans anyway. That's a sign of a broken system and terrible lower club management.

The loan system has become a bloated mess rather than the supplementary support it was supposed to be. Some teams now
actively neglect having full squads to get youngsters from above to miminise costs. That's unsustainable

I wasn’t mad about anything.

I just responded to you saying the loan system was ‘bollocks’ unless it was to the right club.

Which was an abasolutely ridiculous blanket statement.

Last edited:
Back