The Manchester United Thread

If Sarri played football manager
5a2550f762a0835eb37de3edd747752a.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Imagine this, Sarri gets sacked and they appoint Mourinho this week. Then when we face them in FA Cup he beats us and breaks our unbeaten record then pips us to top 4 by end of season! Now that would be typical, luckily I don't think Mourinho's ego will want to take over a job like that.

Imagine this, Sarri gets sacked and they appoint Mourinho this week. Then when we face them in FA Cup he beats us and breaks our unbeaten record then pips us to top 4 by end of season! Now that would be typical, luckily I don't think Mourinho's ego will want to take over a job like that.

Haha.

Seriously though, we've got some big games coming up, but the way we are playing,, I back us to get top 4, and beat PSG over two legs, especially with the rotten luck they have. For me, this rest of season is everything about whether Ole's got it, otherwise we try for Poch, because if he wins the majority of his big games, given we are doing well with the "lesser teams, then he's set, because he gets the rest of it right off the pitch, and even with transfer talk

Less than 2 months ago Man Utd were 11 points and 21 goals behind Chelsea in the league...

Less than 2 months ago Man Utd were 11 points and 21 goals behind Chelsea in the league...

Funny how the media and ******* fans aren’t asking questions on Arsenal and Chelsea ‘bottling’ the top 4 like.

Funny how the media and ******* fans aren’t asking questions on Arsenal and Chelsea ‘bottling’ the top 4 like.
funny how that works yet have a go at your lot for drawing a couple of games and losing 1 and make out like your on a bad run

funny how that works yet have a go at your lot for drawing a couple of games and losing 1 and make out like your on a bad run

Reckon it's also a lot more about expectations, eh? Arsenal seem to have low expectations down pat (they're taking that Calvin and Hobbes strip quite seriously, mind). Over the past few years, the max people have come to expect of them is a Top-4. (Mind you, fans hated it, but the board was complacent enough to go for it, repeatedly). And sometimes, not even that. (Well, let's hope it doesn't come back and bite us in the *** later into the season.) As for Chelsea, they are just weird, Champions in one season, and out of Europe the next, sometimes, winning in Europe while finishing 8th or 10th. Gah. Utterly unpredictable.

Liverpool and City garners a lot more attention, especially cause both teams are playing brilliantly, and there are such small margins involved. So more media attention, and more critics. Part and parcel, I guess, especially for today's fans and media, with incredibly short memories. It's kinda stupid, but it is what we have, I reckon.

Still not right though is it?

You have an interest in two clubs, no matter how big or small, it opens up a World of controversy when they play each other. And if you’re the manager of one .....

Has he at least taken his badges?

He's not a director of Salford once he takes this job. So he has zero input.

Thought Pochs away record to the big 6 sucked?

Never really understood how maintream this narrative is. Since 15/16, he's averaged 1.35 pts vs. the top 6, in this same period:

Man City 1.60
Liverpool 1.49
Man Utd 1.44
Spurs 1.35
Chelsea 1.26
Arsenal 0.91

When you consider the resources & other factors, I'd say his top 6 record is pretty good.

Maybe his big away record isn’t the best then, but if the table was based on all away matches only, Spurs would be top - so swings and roundabouts I guess

Never really understood how maintream this narrative is. Since 15/16, he's averaged 1.35 pts vs. the top 6, in this same period:

Man City 1.60
Liverpool 1.49
Man Utd 1.44
Spurs 1.35
Chelsea 1.26
Arsenal 0.91

When you consider the resources & other factors, I'd say his top 6 record is pretty good.

That's his total record, I'm talking about his away big game record

PSG squad members spotted by MEN photographers.

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Areola, Cibois

Defenders: Alves, Silva, Bernat, Kurzawa, Kehrer, Kimpembe, Marquinhos

Midfielders: Paredes, Di Maria, Draxler, Nkunku

Forwards: Mbappe, Choupo-Moting, Diaby.

Back