The Manchester United Thread

Yup been immense but kinda worried because his contract is up in the summer, we need him signed up fast because virtually any club would want him atm!
Should not of got to this stage. But not worried at all it’s clearly being worked on and all reports say it’s gonna be announced soon along with the rest of the ones resigning.

Rashfprd's movement tonight was puree class not to mention that cross as well. Love his work-rate.

Gotta say, that Chelsea team are in absolute shambles. They sorta remind me of LVG's united lol. And the fullback from fullback sub from Sarri was a total LVG move

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Eh, most of Sarri's problems seem to result from his inflexibility. Kinda reminds you of Mourinho a bit in that regard. Stubbornly sticking with Jorginho at the base, like for like subs etc.

But anyhow, side fact, apparently we have never lost a FA Cup match in which Mata started! That's a fun little fact.

Gotta say, that Chelsea team are in absolute shambles. They sorta remind me of LVG's united lol. And the fullback from fullback sub from Sarri was a total LVG move

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

As said in commentary, it was likely a political sub. Clearly doesn’t like what he has. I’d say he wants 3/5 new players.

Apparently rumours going round Lingard and Martial returned to training this morning

One thing will say about last night. Boy was Matic lucky I was 100% certain they would get him sent off. Did well not to get into anymore trouble after that.

Cant wait to rewatch the match again after work :)

u23s got dicked by 2-0 against Stoke last night. Read it could of been 5/6. Can see why there gonna get rid of 90% of that team in the summer. Hope Sbragia goes too! Will have a super young u23s next year with 99% of them being 17/18.

Last edited:
Thought Matic should have been sent off. But he actually had a really good game. Clearly we need Fred to come good, or sign another deep playmaker, so we can actually make that sub in future.

Matic always seems a bit reckless vs. Chelsea though. Always seems to lunge/leave a foot in in situations where he wouldn't usually. Definitely more than a game for him when they're in town.

I'd actually be pretty confident about giving PSG a fright if Pogba wasn't suspended :(

Good game last night. Exactly what United needed after that PSG result. Pogba was really good. Rashford making good runs. Even Lukaku and Sanchez didn't look out of place. Would like to see Rom more involved, but hey.

Good game last night. Exactly what United needed after that PSG result. Pogba was really good. Rashford making good runs. Even Lukaku and Sanchez didn't look out of place. Would like to see Rom more involved, but hey.

You know it was a good performance all round so I didn't even want to mention that because the sharks would come hunting. I still think in that team yesterday there is two or three spots we could improve for next season, if we do that then I am really excited to see how we do. At the moment you can see that the football identity or the way we're trying to play is correct.

For example In heard a rumour which is 99% BS that Icardi is leaving Inter in the summer, I feel that flexibility of the front 3 we have going would suit him a lot more than some of our players that we have now. (The rumour was Icardi for Lukaku, if they were serious I'd take it all day long, Icardi suits this system a lot better).

Icardi doesn’t get involved in build up from what I’ve seen Zz. Another box striker

Icardi doesn’t get involved in build up from what I’ve seen Zz. Another box striker

Whenever I've watched Inter he seems more then just that, but I don't watch them all the time. But I don't want to take anything away from that performance or single anyone out too much because no one played badly. It was great to see a win vs Chelsea, two or three signings in the correct positions and I believe we're going in the right direction next season.

You know it was a good performance all round so I didn't even want to mention that because the sharks would come hunting. I still think in that team yesterday there is two or three spots we could improve for next season, if we do that then I am really excited to see how we do. At the moment you can see that the football identity or the way we're trying to play is correct.

For example In heard a rumour which is 99% BS that Icardi is leaving Inter in the summer, I feel that flexibility of the front 3 we have going would suit him a lot more than some of our players that we have now. (The rumour was Icardi for Lukaku, if they were serious I'd take it all day long, Icardi suits this system a lot better).

Dunno about Icardi. He's a massive ******* tbh. And if you think Roms hold up play/creating is not good enough, Icardi is a level below for sure. He'll score you a **** lot of goals if you feed him. But then again, so does Lukaku. Its rather pointless imo.

Whenever I've watched Inter he seems more then just that, but I don't watch them all the time. But I don't want to take anything away from that performance or single anyone out too much because no one played badly. It was great to see a win vs Chelsea, two or three signings in the correct positions and I believe we're going in the right direction next season.

Icardi seems more like a slightly more involved Poacher. Don't get me wrong, he definitely knows where the net is, and based on the recent rumblings (stripped off the captaincy and what not - refused to travel with the squad), I can see him leaving in the summer too. But he relatively gets involved less in the buildup from what I've seen, and prefers to be in and around the box.

Someone like a Dybala is an ideal player, coming in deep, getting involved and going ahead and scoring too. He would be a beast of a transfer - completely unrealistic, but a good one to think of, nonetheless.

Icardi link up play is awful tbh. He’s not overly blessed with pace. And like people have said with Rabiot comes with far to much baggage. Nah thanks!!

Dybala as IF right now your talking!

If Ramsey’s really going to be on almost half a million per week, maybe the Dybala’s, Pjanic’s and co. are worth cheeky try. Doubt juve can match that wage for all their key players. Bound to upset 1 or 2.

If Ramsey’s really going to be on almost half a million per week, maybe the Dybala’s, Pjanic’s and co. are worth cheeky try. Doubt juve can match that wage for all their key players. Bound to upset 1 or 2.

Hey, I thought it was impossible they would get anyone else after Ronaldo's wages, let alone someone at 450k. Clearly they know something noone else does.

Back