The Manchester United Thread

Lukaku 3 glorious opportunity, don't read 2 of them and scuffs the other. Seriously ****** me off sometimes, I really want to like him but ffs.

Good first 10 mins denied by the GK having a worldie. But since that we have been terrible! They could of had 2 pens for sure imo. Lukaku back to being a donkey. Sanchez being Sanchez. Pogba and Rashford trying to hard. DDG poor. Looks like one of those days. Shaw should of done loads better for the goal. Sanchez makes us lob sided and lose shape

Last edited:
Lukaku 3 glorious opportunity, don't read 2 of them and scuffs the other. Seriously ****** me off sometimes, I really want to like him but ffs.
Tbh one of those was Rashford fault for taking it off his toes despite Lukaku clearly shouting him. And one was a world class save.

Tbh one of those was Rashford fault for taking it off his toes despite Lukaku clearly shouting him. And one was a world class save.

Don't know about world-class save he just hits it straight at him pretty much. If he's an elite striker he has to score one of them for me.

Don't know about world-class save he just hits it straight at him pretty much. If he's an elite striker he has to score one of them for me.
His first effort was curling bottom corner. DDG makes that and we are calling him DE GOD. That one straight at him was pretty much point blank. I agree he needs to get his finger out and do a lot better

Pogba **** in this game. Should take him off not ****** Pereira been 10/10 second half.

ROMMMMMMMM. Top class the last 2 games.

Pogba's obviously been instructed to play this deeper role ZZ. Dropping as a 3rd CB in build up, not running into the box as he normally would, etc.

Why the **** did Rom not take that penalty? And I agree with Zz, what instruction and what not, Pogba been meh today. I reckon this is his first bad PL game under Solskjaer.

ROMMMMMMMM. Top class the last 2 games.

Pogba's obviously been instructed to play this deeper role ZZ. Dropping as a 3rd CB in build up, not running into the box as he normally would, etc.

True that, jeez what a game. This is where the boys turned into men. Lukaku and Pereira have come of age!

It was an intense game, nailbiting too, in a good way! We had some of these under Mourinho, but they were always extremely tense. Pereira was class today, as was Lukaku. Makes it what, 4 goals in 2 starts now?

Another game another result for Ole, the performances to be fair are still a little fragile at times but you cannot deny the fact that the team are now playing more as a unit and have the hunger to claw out results. This game could have been a banana skin considering Southampton's record over the last few seasons but the points are in the bag now and Arsenal need to win that game in hand.

Pogba was average today. But we can't be totally dependent on him every single game. Needs backing up transfer wise next season if we want to push on.

Ole's in-game changes have been spot on 99% of the time. Switched to a lopsided 4-4-2 / 3-5-2, completely changed the game.

Ole's in-game changes have been spot on 99% of the time. Switched to a lopsided 4-4-2 / 3-5-2, completely changed the game.

Yeh Southampton have had the better of us last few seasons at OT, when we brought Dalot on it completely changed the game as well because he can beat a man and cross a ball. Two things young fails to be able to do a lot of the time. Needless foul to give away as well, think he badly needs replacing in the summer. Keep him in the squad I guess, but not in starting 11.

But on the plus side, Lukaku and pereira shown they are real United players today, coming back from adversity and producing MOTM performances.

I hope we actually start getting some of these contracts sorted because it' a mess, Herrera, Pereira, De Gea shouldn't be in this position with them.

Yeh Southampton have had the better of us last few seasons at OT, when we brought Dalot on it completely changed the game as well because he can beat a man and cross a ball. Two things young fails to be able to do a lot of the time. Needless foul to give away as well, think he badly needs replacing in the summer. Keep him in the squad I guess, but not in starting 11.

But on the plus side, Lukaku and pereira shown they are real United players today, coming back from adversity and producing MOTM performances.

I hope we actually start getting some of these contracts sorted because it' a mess, Herrera, Pereira, De Gea shouldn't be in this position with them.
Thats what happens when your constantly changing manager and have no director of football.

Great win win today despite being tense at times. Pogba defo stifled playing deep, but with injuries didn’t really have options. Lukaku and Periera were fantastic that second half! McTominay just solid doing his job again. Young hit and miss with Shaw consistency continuing.

Ole was spot on today tactically especially when he realised we needed to change formation. Subs were fantastic. Dalot changed the game. And that assist to Lukaku from Fred was class!

4th spot and onto the next :)

Back