The Manchester United Thread

Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Lingard, Sanchez, Jones, Valencia & Darmian all out for the PSG, crazy. #PSGMUN

**** we are not in PL even and already trying top our injury crisis this season. Considering how thin Bielsa likes to run his team it is no fun watching 18 years old in goal and defense.

#mufc believe that Jadon Sancho would help form an exciting Anglo-French attack with Rashford, Lingard, Martial and Pogba #mulive [telegraph]

Jadon Sancho to #mufc excites Gareth Southgate. The idea of Sancho, Lingard and Rashford playing together at club level would benefit England #mulive [telegraph

Lot of talk the last 24hrs about this. Especially in Germany.

#mufc believe that Jadon Sancho would help form an exciting Anglo-French attack with Rashford, Lingard, Martial and Pogba #mulive [telegraph]

Jadon Sancho to #mufc excites Gareth Southgate. The idea of Sancho, Lingard and Rashford playing together at club level would benefit England #mulive [telegraph

Means absolutely nothing. Barely a rumour at this stage

Needless to say Sancho would be perfect for us, but £100m is absolutely ridiculous. How many good season has he had, 1 or 2 t a push?

I'm a bit torn on it because like I say he fits what I want at united but it's such a Woodward signing if ever there was one. No real transfer strategy just go for the next big English player.

I guess the main thing we can offer him would be first team football (as opposed to City and PSG (who are also rumoured to be interested in him)). But has he played on the right before this? Or is he capable of playing across both sides? Haven't observed him this season, so I guess someone who has seen him can help with that//

I guess the main thing we can offer him would be first team football (as opposed to City and PSG (who are also rumoured to be interested in him)). But has he played on the right before this? Or is he capable of playing across both sides? Haven't observed him this season, so I guess someone who has seen him can help with that//

Good chance to watch him tonight against Spurs in CL.

Needless to say Sancho would be perfect for us, but £100m is absolutely ridiculous. How many good season has he had, 1 or 2 t a push?

I'm a bit torn on it because like I say he fits what I want at united but it's such a Woodward signing if ever there was one. No real transfer strategy just go for the next big English player.

He's a classic United signing tbh. Young, exciting, super talented, with loads of potential

The kid's incredible tbh. Right footed, but got a great left foot too. Plays on the right wing. But comfortable across the band. Fast, tricky, gets his head up. Super skillful. As a quality of target it's a no brainer. But the figures are mad, but that's the game these days.

You said the same for Pulisic. But truth to be told, havent seen Sancho at all.

#MUFC squad for #PSG match: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Bailly, Dalot, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Smalling, Williams, Young, Fred, Garner, Gomes, McTominay, Pereira, Chong, Greenwood, Lukaku, Rashford

Wohoo look at all those youngsters. Brandon Williams too :) what a talent this lad is! Fantastic LB who can defend and get forward and chip in with goals and assists. Good dribbling ability. Taken to the u23s despite being 17 superbly well! With him and Laird who is even more massively talent. We are set at FB! No need to be splashing out silly money. Laird would of travelled also but he’s just returning from injury.

#MUFC squad for #PSG match: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Bailly, Dalot, Lindelof, Rojo, Shaw, Smalling, Williams, Young, Fred, Garner, Gomes, McTominay, Pereira, Chong, Greenwood, Lukaku, Rashford

Wohoo look at all those youngsters. Brandon Williams too :) what a talent this lad is! Fantastic LB who can defend and get forward and chip in with goals and assists. Good dribbling ability. Taken to the u23s despite being 17 superbly well! With him and Laird who is even more massively talent. We are set at FB! No need to be splashing out silly money. Laird would of travelled also but he’s just returning from injury.

Great experience for all of them, maybe if just for the trip alone. However I would genuinely like to see them, I know most United fans won't like me saying this but this game really is a forfeit to me. So seeing the youngsters would be a great experience, the real game for us is Arsenal on Sunday. It kind of seems like Ole subtly feels the same way.

Not expecting them to start obviously, but why not give them a go later in the game, we know this tie is most likely over anyway due to first leg.

When you class a European Cup tie as a ‘forfeit’ amd place greater emphasis on a league game between 4th and 5th, you know just how far your football club has fallen.

Irrespective of the first leg scoreline (Utd score and suddenly PSG start panickng and it’s game back on), for anyone to dismiss Utd in Europe, on the biggest football stage of all, so flippantly, is a terrible state of affairs and is so foreign to my personal view of support I can’t begin to tell you.

Great experience for all of them, maybe if just for the trip alone. However I would genuinely like to see them, I know most United fans won't like me saying this but this game really is a forfeit to me. So seeing the youngsters would be a great experience, the real game for us is Arsenal on Sunday. It kind of seems like Ole subtly feels the same way.

Not expecting them to start obviously, but why not give them a go later in the game, we know this tie is most likely over anyway due to first leg.
At least 4 will be in the bench imo.

Yeah wouldn’t call it a forfeit.

DDG

Young-Lindelof-Bailly-Shaw

Fred-McTominay-Periera

Rashford-Lukaku-Dalot

Still a pretty good starting lineup and see how it goes. Nothing to lose. Plus most of our players will be fit and returning for the Arsenal game anyway. Bonus of having a big quality squad.

Last edited:
When you class a European Cup tie as a ‘forfeit’ amd place greater emphasis on a league game between 4th and 5th, you know just how far your football club has fallen.

Irrespective of the first leg scoreline (Utd score and suddenly PSG start panickng and it’s game back on), for anyone to dismiss Utd in Europe, on the biggest football stage of all, so flippantly, is a terrible state of affairs and is so foreign to my personal view of support I can’t begin to tell you.

We've got ****** 10 first team injuries and a squad full of youngsters going to Paris is hard enough with your first team trying to get a win, let alone turn over a 2 goal deficit. You guys should know considering they pumped you in Paris. We don't need you to tell us every few weeks 'how far our club has fallen' when we know where we are and where our priorities lie right now. We're not winning CL but we can salvage top 4 still which was unthinkable 2 months ago.

We've got ****** 10 first team injuries and a squad full of youngsters going to Paris is hard enough with your first team trying to get a win, let alone turn over a 2 goal deficit. You guys should know considering they pumped jyou in Paris. We don't need you to tell us every few weeks 'how far our club has fallen' when we know where we are and where our priorities lie right now. We're not winning CL but we can salvage top 4 still which was unthinkable 2 months ago.

And L’pool got to a CL final, along with mirroring up a top 4 league season, with 12 fit, consistent first-teamers last year having to play every game intersperced with back-end squad depth and youth. And lets not even get into Klopp’s first season and that horrendous, season long injury list that still reaulted in a full European season and two finals.

If you want to talk about injury crisis.

You deal and find a solution. That is and always has beem football. You don’t start ********, excusing and waving the white flag. There’s more rhan enough there dor a real strong Xi to have a real good go at PSG. Then recover to go at Arsenal Sunday.

Sure anyone out in Paris this week would just love an attitude of sacking off the European Cup.

You’re a Sky gemeration fan mate and it’s an embarassing POV you hold on things IMHO.

.@ManUtd freeze season ticket prices for ninth successive season. There will be an 'permanent atmosphere section' in the Stretford End first tier. Also club have 118 new wheelchair positions and 158 new amenity seats will be created, bringing the total for both to 278.

And L’pool got to a CL final, along with mirroring up a top 4 league season, with 12 fit, consistent first-teamers last year having to play every game intersperced with back-end squad depth and youth. And lets not even get into Klopp’s first season and that horrendous, season long injury list that still reaulted in a full European season and two finals.

If you want to talk about injury crisis.

You deal and find a solution. That is and always has beem football. You don’t start ********, excusing and waving the white flag. There’s more rhan enough there dor a real strong Xi to have a real good go at PSG. Then recover to go at Arsenal Sunday.

Sure anyone out in Paris this week would just love an attitude of sacking off the European Cup.

You’re a Sky gemeration fan mate and it’s an embarassing POV you hold on things IMHO.

Idk why even bother reply to this but no one has bitched or moaned about anything, you came in looking for a dig (look how far you've fallen) and there you go nothing new there. You got to a final with your best starting 11 available most of the time, totally different scenario and if you can't see that then I have nothing else to say.

I came in looking for a ‘dig?’ Because I had the gall to call out your ridiculous assertion that Utd should sack off the European Cup and play the kids?

Grow the F up. Seriously.

That’s your go to line when anyone disagrees or criticises you.

Grow the F up you pathetic child.

Last edited:
I came in looking for a ‘dig?’ Because I had the gall to call out your ridiculous assertion that Utd should sack off the European Cup and play the kids?

Tbh, I body zz harder than anyone here. But I have to say he's right on this one. You seem to have come picking a fight where there wasn't one. UNited will give it everything, but let's no pretend the odds arent massive stacked against us. Juts got to give it everything and see

Back