The Manchester United Thread

Just watched BT Sport Referee watch and says it's a penalty. As the law is supposedly written (whatever the **** it is at the moment) they reckon it's a handball. This is from a former ref as well.

Personally think Kimpembe made the decision for referee, he sticks his arm out and looks away from the ball. Doesn't take any responsibility.

Ahh well who gives a **** anyway, Neymar can go back to banging his sister and feeling his mums ****.mm.

The issue that's confusing is the usage of deliberate in the laws. When it's not reffed with the same meaning. Basically if you're more than a couple of yards away, you make yourself big and the ball hits your arm, most refs will penalise you for handball. It's why deliberate in that sense should be removed.

Just watched BT Sport Referee watch and says it's a penalty. As the law is supposedly written (whatever the **** it is at the moment) they reckon it's a handball. This is from a former ref as well.

Personally think Kimpembe made the decision for referee, he sticks his arm out and looks away from the ball. Doesn't take any responsibility.

Ahh well who gives a **** anyway, Neymar can go back to banging his sister and feeling his mums ****.mm.

Alright guys after much discussion and reenaccments i still dont think theres much he could do to move his arm away unless he removed it. Now if it hit the other hand yes its a pen but try jumping like the PSG defender did and the arm naturally comes down. Similar to the otamendi decision for me. Never a pen.

Alright guys after much discussion and reenaccments i still dont think theres much he could do to move his arm away unless he removed it. Now if it hit the other hand yes its a pen but try jumping like the PSG defender did and the arm naturally comes down. Similar to the otamendi decision for me. Never a pen.

See my reply above. I largely agree on your arguments. But the above is why it's nearly always going to be handball

See my reply above. I largely agree on your arguments. But the above is why it's nearly always going to be handball

But then common sense should be applied? I dont think deliberate should be removed otherwise it would be chaos. What next forwards deliberately trying to hit the ball against a defenders hand and then call for a pen?

With VAR it seems to be that unless it’s point blank it’s a foul it’s consistent if nothing else. The Kimpembe block is 10 times more a penalty that one Alex Sandro got given against him when the ball hit his chest then arm as he wasn’t looking and it was still given. Based off of previous var calls I think it’s a penalty even if it is harsh on him

What an experience that must have been for greenwood and chong to be on the pitch for the end of that game and be part of the celebrations. If that isn't an incentive to work even harder and get in the first team proper then I don't know what is.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If he doesn't try to block it, it's a goal. If he makes himself big to block it and it knicks his arm, t's a pen. What are defenders supposed to do then? The game is done and the call stays, so no point arguing about it. But it's incredibly unfair to players the way it all works. Even Rio on the BT panel seemed bothered not by the call, but because Kimbape got ****** by the rules, basically.

If he doesn't try to block it, it's a goal. If he makes himself big to block it and it knicks his arm, t's a pen. What are defenders supposed to do then? The game is done and the call stays, so no point arguing about it. But it's incredibly unfair to players the way it all works. Even Rio on the BT panel seemed bothered not by the call, but because Kimbape got ****** by the rules, basically.

If a boxer throws a punch, the other doesn't look away before it lands. Why did he jump up and look away? It's a football, put your body on the line. If he was looking at the actual ball when it hit his arm I'd have a tad more sympathy.

He turns because the ball is coming with enough power to break his jaw. Boxer doesn't turn, because he needs to watch opponent's hands to dodge the next 5 punches from 5 different angles.

Defender shouldn't have his movement restricted and be expected to move like a robot while attackers can move whichever they like.

His arm moves out towards the ball before he's even turned away, it's a stonewall pen. It isn't difficult to jump with your arms tucked in to your chest or held behind your back, so I'm not buying the "there's nothing he could do'' talk either. If you can't tell by the replay, look at the two pictures in this link then try and tell me Kimpembe doesn't know exactly what he's doing.

Lukaku becomes the first united player to score two goals in three games in a row since Ronaldo, been in great form under Ole and hopefully it carries on vs Arsenal

FIRST TIME EVER IN CL HISTORY A CLUB HAS COME BACK FROM 2-0 SOQN TO WIN. HISTORYYYYYYY, THIS CLUB CREATES HISTORYYYYY.
It's not the first time to be honest several teams including United have come back from two goals down in the first leg, however, it is the first time it has been done away from home. Which makes it special. Just goes to prove that this team is getting back into the mindset of never giving up until the whistle goes, if Jose had been in charge that would never happen, he was too cautious even when chasing a game. I don't think many will want to face this team in the next round as they are not just the form team, they are getting back the fear factor of the Fergie years.

His arm moves out towards the ball before he's even turned away, it's a stonewall pen. It isn't difficult to jump with your arms tucked in to your chest or held behind your back, so I'm not buying the "there's nothing he could do'' talk either. If you can't tell by the replay, look at the two pictures in this link then try and tell me Kimpembe doesn't know exactly what he's doing.

Yeah, it is not difficult to jump with your arms behind your back. What is difficult is to jump with arms behind your back and actually winning a cross. Striker can use his arms and you can't, he will push you around like a paper towel and it's a goal. He also lands better than you and he beats you to every rebound.

You can't expect defenders to jump like they are disabled or something because IFAB can't come up with handball rule that is actually coherent.

This is the problem with the rule and how it's interpreted. Right decision, but rule needs changing

On watching it numerous times. It’s a defo peno anyway. If you watch closely he’s already making the movement to raise his arm before he jumps just as Dalot strikes the ball. Doesn’t matter how it’s interpreted it’s a peno no matter what!

******* loved Fred last night protecting Rashford against those 3 PSG ***** trying to put him off and kick the peno spot. Wasn’t having non of it lol. Just shoved the 3 of them right out the way :) great performance last night to boot. Most distance covered, most passes, most tackles and interceptions BEAST!

******* loved Fred last night protecting Rashford against those 3 PSG ***** trying to put him off and kick the peno spot. Wasn’t having non of it lol. Just shoved the 3 of them right out the way :) great performance last night to boot. Most distance covered, most passes, most tackles and interceptions BEAST!

What did I say before the game, this would make or break him in a United shirt. He was phenomenal last night!

Back