The Manchester United Thread

Alexis aint leaving any time soon, that midfield is as thin as they get and United needs new rightback.

Well that escalated oO) ......

Rothen has a valid point mate TBF.

When you’re in such an area, there’s an expected level of behaviour, respect and decorum that comes with it. You’re not sat in the general admission seats and as such should conduct yourself accordingly. If I’m sat the directors box at Old Trafford and L’pool score for example, I’m **** sure sitting on my hands unless I want to risk being (rightly) lashed out.

I honestly hope thats a jarg spoof of a reaponse on Evra and not a real thing from him or else words fail you that he’d post something like that and make himself look a complete, classless *** in the process. To be kind.

Footballers and their egos. SMH.

Scous but is something you cant controll. I am **** sure you wont sit on your hands and will celebrate. The difference is how and respectuvly you will do it. Giving some passion out is understandable, going nuts is different true.
If you are invited into such seats, you should show some respect even if the place is built on oil and slave money.

On watching it numerous times. It’s a defo peno anyway. If you watch closely he’s already making the movement to raise his arm before he jumps just as Dalot strikes the ball. Doesn’t matter how it’s interpreted it’s a peno no matter what!

The actual law and top class officials would disagree with you:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-never-stand-in-england-says-dermot-gallagher

The actual law is in there. ‘Deliberate’ is the key word- https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/...l-rule-what-is-deliberate-offense-what-is-not

You got away with one. City didn’t the prevoius week. VAR shoild never be called upon in imstances like that but it is what it is and many more teams will suffer/ benefit from the same going forward.

Alexis aint leaving any time soon, that midfield is as thin as they get and United needs new rightback.
I wouldn’t be to sure on Alexis leaving even if it’s a loss just to clear his wages off the bill. We will likely have to pay % to the new club. Like I said we will make 2 signings 3 absolute maximum signings at most. Ole even said in his embargoed presser last night that it will be a couple of signings and youngsters getting a chance. Expect our business to be quick and then get ready to hit the league running. And get our training and prep work for the new season done. None of these transfer sagas etc.

Ole will want it done then just concentrate on training the lads. People are gonna be majorly disappointed if there expect 4/5 signings lol.

Scous but is something you cant controll. I am **** sure you wont sit on your hands and will celebrate. The difference is how and respectuvly you will do it. Giving some passion out is understandable, going nuts is different true.
If you are invited into such seats, you should show some respect even if the place is built on oil and slave money.

Cantona’s comeback game. No ‘official’ away tickets. Got one outside. Sat bang the middle the Utd fans. Two Fowler Worldies. Never moved. Naturally. Or I’d of risked a serious kicking and then getting lashed out.

So yeah, kind of had to control emotions and sit on my hands at certain times over the years.

You act accordingly to the surroundings. Being in the Presidentail Box would be one to tone it right back as you note.

I wouldn’t be to sure on Alexis leaving even if it’s a loss just to clear his wages off the bill. We will likely have to pay % to the new club. Like I said we will make 2 signings 3 absolute maximum signings at most. Ole even said in his embargoed presser last night that it will be a couple of signings and youngsters getting a chance. Expect our business to be quick and then get ready to hit the league running. And get our training and prep work for the new season done. None of these transfer sagas etc.

Ole will want it done then just concentrate on training the lads. People are gonna be majorly disappointed if there expect 4/5 signings lol.

Yeah, that makes sense and its probably the only way United could move him. Im expecting 2 signings, max 3. Wont bWont be surprised if the only signing is a new CB.

The actual law and top class officials would disagree with you:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-never-stand-in-england-says-dermot-gallagher

The actual law is in there. ‘Deliberate’ is the key word- https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/...l-rule-what-is-deliberate-offense-what-is-not

You got away with one. City didn’t the prevoius week. VAR shoild never be called upon in imstances like that but it is what it is and many more teams will suffer/ benefit from the same going forward.
Not gonna get into it. It was given a penalty the Ref on the pitch thought it was a penalty. Plenty of refs have said since it was a penalty. All down to interpretation. I will go with the refs interpretation on the laws this time thanks :)

Oh can we cut the **** here. If that call went against United you all would be losing your **** for 50 pages. You all know it. You all know it and don't deny it, because if you do, I am literally posting a picture of my **** in here.

.....It it honestly frustrates the **** out of me he’s still in charge!!!

When you’re in serious danger of missing the 6 play-off slots from divison 2, thete’s far more than just the manager who needs to have a long hard look at himself.

But I’d never put much stock the 23’s in terms of results. There’s so many varables week-to-week with players moving up and down, going out on loan, needing fitness etc etc that its one of rhe worst jobs going to not have a settled side to work with.

Oh can we cut the **** here. If that call went against United you all would be losing your **** for 50 pages. You all know it. You all know it and don't deny it, because if you do, I am literally posting a picture of my **** in here.
It wasnt a pen. United got lucky. Yeah, its true. I can see the reasoning why pen was given, but I disagree with it. Foodballs gone way too soft.

When you’re in serious danger of missing the 6 play-off slots from divison 2, thete’s far more than just the manager who needs to have a long hard look at himself.

But I’d never put much stock the 23’s in terms of results. There’s so many varables week-to-week with players moving up and down, going out on loan, needing fitness etc etc that its one of rhe worst jobs going to not have a settled side to work with.
Yeah the u23s is just a disaster mate from top to bottom. But 90% of our problems are down to the manager. Plays LVG/Mou mk2 football. Leaves out players that perform one week the next. Has hardly even played out best players that have stayed around from last year. Playing players out of position. Subs are baffling and at baffling times, like 5 mins to go when we are chasing a game. And spends large amounts of the game sat on his seat with his head in his jacket.

Been to a few u18s and 23s this season. It’s all a bit weird like when the u18s play at Carrington he looks like an outcast. You see all the coaches and academy staff all round the dugout, while he stands miles away by himself.

He might well need replacimg but they’ll be a reason for all of that. What you see as the ‘best players’ and your ‘favourites’ aren’t always in the best overall interests of development at a particular time for the club. As noted above, there’s so many varables that go along with the 23s team more than any other age range.

To get bent iut if shape on results as you often do is viewing U23 football all wrong IMHO.

The only reason Sanchez stays is if he forces it, which given the wages he may well do. There is no footballing reason he should be here next season, he is of no benefit whatsoever because he literally never plays anywhere else other than the left. Which is useless for us when we have Martial and Rashford who operate there sometimes.

I feel that we need to be sensible in the summer regarding signings, the recent upturn in form is great and everything but we can't suddenly think that this squad will challenge for a title next season because it's wishful thinking. I think we need 3 signings, I'm all for managers working with and improving what they got but go to be realistic, we need investment in 3 positions.

His arm has made his body bigger/stopped the ball's path to goal. Harsh as ****, and I would be ****** if it was given against me, but it's easy to see why it was given. I'd also be quite ****** that my CB has turned his back on it, given the circumstances. CL quarters on the line, you're consciously turning your back on it?

Ref has taken into consideration:

1- There's sufficient distance between ball & man. He's had time to make his mind up

2- His arm has made his body bigger & blocked path to goal, whatever way it's spun.

3- Nobody's asked him to turn his back, so the "natural arm movement" could be counter-argued (from a refs perspective) that nobody's asked you turn your back to the ball. You've intentionally/consciously chose to do that. Not saying plenty don't, just be willing to face the consequences if your dangling arm does stop the ball.

View attachment 16796

If McTominay can do it, TWICE, in the very same game, with one of them scenarios far less distance between ball & man, then I'm sure a ****** World Cup winning centre half can. Maybe we're under-crediting Mr. Kimbempe's cunningness. Probably gets away with it 8/10 games.

View attachment 16799View attachment 16798

Like I said, I'd be ****** if it was given against me as it's quite subjective; comes down to whether or not you interprate Kimpembe trying to be shrewd about it. Although when you break it down, you can definitely see a case. Either way, as Tuchel, I'd be ****** with both the decision + Kimpembe.

Last edited:
Look, I can even agree that it's a handball. I just don't think it should be.

They either need to change the rules or VAR protocol. Or both. It was pretty clear that VAR influenced the ref and not necessarily in a good way. They watch it in slow-motion and in slow-motion no movement seems natural, so how the **** is it supposed to help with a handball call?

[h=1][/h]#MUWomen team to play Leicester City (kick-off 12:00 GMT): Chamberlain; Harris, A. Turner(c), M. Turner, Smith; James, Green, Toone, Hanson, Sigsworth, Galton.

Substitutes: Ramsey, Arnot, Palmer, Devlin, Greenwood, Zelem.

Tbf United long due a decision going their way in CL anyway, that Nani red card when we outplayed Madrid before that and was winning still does my nut in.

Back