The Manchester United Thread

The women are 2-0 up atm after 32 mins. First goal scored by Mollie Green a volley from the edge of the box. And the second was Lauren James cracker with her week foot from 35 yards into the top corner.

3-0 after 42 mins Kirsty Hanson with a curler into the top corner from 25 yards out.

Last edited:
Look, I can even agree that it's a handball. I just don't think it should be.

They either need to change the rules or VAR protocol. Or both. It was pretty clear that VAR influenced the ref and not necessarily in a good way. They watch it in slow-motion and in slow-motion no movement seems natural, so how the **** is it supposed to help with a handball call?

Thats the only thing that annoys me with VAR. It should all be viewed in real time because everything looks 100 times worse slowed down. By all means look at it from different angles and zoomed in, but in real time.

Thats the only thing that annoys me with VAR. It should all be viewed in real time because everything looks 100 times worse slowed down. By all means look at it from different angles and zoomed in, but in real time.
It shows both in slow mo and real time.

4-0 up now after 48 mins. Good run by Ella Toone into the box then finishes with a lovely **** lob over the keeper.

5-1 atm. Leicester got a goal back after Utd being really complacent after scoring there 4th. But Sigsworth just got the fifth.

6-1 Sigsworth with a second taking it round the keeper.

Last edited:
The refs influenced by all angles and motions/frames he’s sees on the screen.

Exactly. They shouldnt be allowed to show anything in slow motion as it completely changeds the perspective. The only reason slow-mo should be used is to determine if a ball has gone out of play (like in the RM v Ajax game) or if contact is borderline inside/outside of the box to decide on a penalty/free kick. The actual challenge itself should only be seen in real time.

Decent lineup but that Arsenal team seems like they are really going for it with Ozil starting. Aubamayang and Lacazette.

[video=youtube;DrD8zlFY8Z8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrD8zlFY8Z8&index=10&list=PLFTjYT0jsEKy9Zf K20NxWt7YvNkMTZGhf[/video]

At around 3 mins you see the penalty incident that got given against Alex sandro where he was unaware and then the ball hits his chest then arm, what the united players were doing in the pictures is what all defenders should be doing with VAR unless they chance how the rules work anything touches the arm and it gets given

And a Burnley lad had a shout agaimst him today that didn’t look, at least in live action, deliberate either as his arms were close
to his body ala the PSG lad. Would have been ridiculous to award that too against Burnley earlier.

VAR has no right getting involved with either when its not clear and obvious to review the on-field decision.

Weird half Arsenal slightly better on the ball. We should have 3 goals in the bag. Rashford been horrible this half!

Always had a bad feeling about this game and I'm not sure why. But having said that we should of scored at least one.
The good thing is we are creating plenty without playing great. Matic looks not match fit not surprisingly. Be looking to hook Rashford off he continues like this the first 15/20 mins of the second half.

Rashford is frustrating, he does one good thing and then another terrible, got to improve his intelligence. if that's even possible. Makes some stupid needless errors sometimes.

Dont think Arsenal have been better. Bar first 15 or so, we've been the better side imo. Their intensity has died off a bit, get Martial on when the game opens up a little more

Definitely got to get at least a point today after Chelsea dropping points. Law of averages says we'll lose a league game at some point but please not today.

United can only blame themselves for this result so far. Couple of wtf misses by Lukaku and one or two half chances that couldve gone in.

Back