The Manchester United Thread

And that meant what exactly? Most of the passes were maximum 5 yards backwards or sideways.

Yes I said that about lindelof. And for the majority of his time here I was right. He's only improved the last few months. Same as the whole team. I also said it about Bailly. And he's not proven me wrong yet either. And your the last person to bring anything like this up. You flip flop on your opinions from game to game. If I had a pound for every time you have contradicted yourself id be a millionaire

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You wrote Lindelof off and he has been brilliant this season, don't try to defend it if you're going to come back at me with a load of **** about Fred in this game.

Yeah I flop flop all the time do I? Erm you sound like Scouse, say it enough and you'll believe it. I am actually very consistent with my views, way more than people like you on here. Problem, is a lot of the time people don't want to hear what I say because it's the harsh truth sometimes.

I'm not arguing with you, we lost and you pick out Fred of all people who was our best player probably bar Smalling today. That isn't even worth a reply especially if you can't read very obvious stats that counteract your point about how much he supposedly gave the ball away. Yet completed the most passes.. ok then whatever.

Oh can we cut the **** here. If that call went against United you all would be losing your **** for 50 pages. You all know it. You all know it and don't deny it, because if you do, I am literally posting a picture of my **** in here.

Nope I'd say the same thing. Because I get why the refs rule it as that. Even if I think the rules are rubbish.

You wrote Lindelof off and he has been brilliant this season, don't try to defend it if you're going to come back at me with a load of **** about Fred in this game.

Yeah I flop flop all the time do I? Erm you sound like Scouse, say it enough and you'll believe it. I am actually very consistent with my views, way more than people like you on here. Problem, is a lot of the time people don't want to hear what I say because it's the harsh truth sometimes.

I'm not arguing with you, we lost and you pick out Fred of all people who was our best player probably bar Smalling today. That isn't even worth a reply especially if you can't read very obvious stats that counteract your point about how much he supposedly gave the ball away. Yet completed the most passes.. ok then whatever.
You mean the same smalling you have been crying to get rid of the last 3 years with Jones? Smalling has been our best defender when played by a mile. Bang on about stats all you want but they mean **** all. They don't tell the full story. How many of Fred's passes were meaningless 5 yard passes either backwards or sideways? And as a central midfielder that is all over the pitch, they are always involved in the game in some capacity so 99% of the time a central midfielder will have the most passes/tackles/interceptions in a game. Doesn't mean they have actually done anything meaningful or played well.

There have been games when you have absolutely slated matic and said he's old and passed it, sometimes rightly so, but on the stats he's still been top for passes, tackles and interceptions. It's the same as having a **** striker but then looking at stats and saying they had the most shots and shots on target. If they miss 3 blatant one on ones that a keeper saves they still go down as shots on target. The stats on paper look good. Watching the match tells a completely different story

Last edited:
You mean the same smalling you have been crying to get rid of the last 3 years with Jones? Smallish has been our best defender when played by a mile. Bang on about stats all you want but they mean **** all. They don't tell the full story. How many of Fred's passes were meaningless 5 yard passes either backwards or sideways? And as a central midfielder that is all over the pitch, they are always involved in the game in some capacity so 99% of the time a central midfielder will have the most passes/tackles/interceptions in a game. Doesn't mean they have actually done anything meaningful or played well.

There have been games when you have absolutely slated matic and said he's old and passed it, sometimes rightly so, but on the stats he's still been too for passed, tackles and interceptions. It's the same as having a **** striker but then looking at stats and saying they had the most shots and shots on target. If they miss 3 blatant one on ones that a keeper saves they still go down as shots on target. The stats on paper look good. Watching the match tells a completely different story

You know when we had the debate a long while ago about who was better Jones or Smalling I always stuck up for the latter when a lot of people rated Jones. That's not me saying that I think he's reliable enough to be a United starter next season because truth be told In still don\t trust him enough. But when he plays well I'll give him credit, so far in the 4 or 5 games he has played since being back from injury he has been very good. But Lindelof has vastly improved this season and played most games.

Who wasn't slating Metic under Mourinho this seas is more the question? He was terrible and then see a completely different player almost under Solskjaer.

Look it's never nice losing to Arsenal and we all get a bit emotional in the heat of the moment. But I personally think Fred has been better last few games. His job is to be more the box to box, hustle and bustle type midfielder, not really create like Pogba. Maybe we're thinking he should offer something different with the role he plays, but with the amount of times he recovered the ball I thought he done his job well.

I like you Steve anyway, so just apologies if my last post was a bit too aggressive, that's not me to be honest. I think you make some real good contributions to this forum and Scouse as well for what it's worth. It's always emotional losing to Arsenal and I think we just get a bit heated in the moment.

They are in terms of fans probably the worst team to lose to, it’s intolerable really if you go on twitter especially. But even some of our own fans, “We’ve played bang average football under Ole with players that have a lot of confidence”. >.<

I don’t know what else we could of done yesterday to score, hit the bar, hit the post. The players deserve more blame than the setup for not finishing the chances. We were the better team, what did they do apart from freak goal and a penalty that wasn’t? But that’s football for you, it’s now about how we respond and last time we reacted well to defeat so lets see.

Let them have their moment. It's clear which team were executing the better football & ideas yesterday, and will be the better team in the long run/bigger picture. Emery's Mourinho with a tad more adventure. Even at that, I'd say Mourinho's more expansive in his team selection vs. the bottom 14. They play 3 DM's sometimes as Ramsey & Ozil warm the bench most weeks ffs.

Looking at that Arsenal side, what was their identity? They had good intensity, I'll give them that, but what did they try to do bar trying to get it wide + cutbacks? I saw no real patterns. Couldn't break us down.

Results masking the fact that Emery's slowly but surely stripping them of their identity. Take it from United fans, we know.

Anyway, it was a pretty good performance from us. Played some lovely football at times. An early freak goal like that just completely turns the game on its head. Onto the next!

Reminder; no team in England's been better than us since Ole's been here (H)

View attachment 16015

That just reaffirms that Everton and the total fraud that is Marco Silva are REAL fortunate there’s some proper S the bottom or else they’d be in a relegation fight.

De Gea has been off it recently, yesterday both goals were saveable. Obviously a penalty is always luck but it wasn't even well hit and he goes too early. Got to say the it comes to penalties De Gea is useless.

I'm not hating but he does deserve a bit of criticism, he almost cost us on Wednesday as well, in the last few minutes totally flapped at a ball when could easily of caught it. Lead to a last ditch clearance from Smalling when Di Maria tried to cut it back.

He just looks this season like there is always an error in his game, which is a bit worrying because it seems to of stemmed from bad World Cup.

Everyone's human Zz. GK's, like outfield players, can have these moments. Was only in Jan he produced a performance for the ages vs. Tottenham & saved our bacon, not to mention the 4-5 years of ridiculousness from him.

It was an error of judgement/wind movement yesterday, but Xhaka should never be awarded that space & time. Not going to criticize any keeper for guessing the wrong side for a pen lol

Everyone's human Zz. GK's, like outfield players, can have these moments. Was only in Jan he produced a performance for the ages vs. Tottenham & saved our bacon, not to mention the 4-5 years of ridiculousness from him.

It was an error of judgement/wind movement yesterday, but Xhaka should never be awarded that space & time. Not going to criticize any keeper for guessing the wrong side for a pen lol

Of course but he never saves penalties, literally can't ever remember him saving one. But the first goal he got it totally wrong as we know.

Not hating on De Gea but still got to recognise when he is not quite on it and recently he does looknshaky. Even his distribution didn't look right yesterday.

That's just my thoughts anyway, I'm not suggesting anything other than I think he is having a dip in form compared to his usual brilliant self.

Of course but he never saves penalties, literally can't ever remember him saving one. But the first goal he got it totally wrong as we know.

Not hating on De Gea but still got to recognise when he is not quite on it and recently he does looknshaky. Even his distribution didn't look right yesterday.

That's just my thoughts anyway, I'm not suggesting anything other than I think he is having a dip in form compared to his usual brilliant self.
I remember De Gea saving Lukaku's attempt at Goodison park once. I think that was the last one he ever saved.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

In his career including Internationals he's faced 49 penalties (not including shoot-outs). Saved 11 and conceded 38. He has faced 5 penalties so far this season all in the league and not saved any. His last penalty save was against Everton in the FA Cup in 2016 from Lukaku.

Penalties are a complete lottery. I personally never expect a keeper to save one. If they do its a bonus.

Regarding his distribution, ive noticed recently he keeps playing these dinked balls out to the wings to either Shaw/Young. Cant say its something ive ever really paid attention to before so I couldn't say if this is a new thing or not. The only reason ive noticed is in the last few games especially, quite a few of them have been over hit and gone for a throw.

I remember De Gea saving Lukaku's attempt at Goodison park once. I think that was the last one he ever saved.

Baines, against Everton, a couple of years or so ago. That's the most memorable one for me.

In his career including Internationals he's faced 49 penalties (not including shoot-outs). Saved 11 and conceded 38. He has faced 5 penalties so far this season all in the league and not saved any. His last penalty save was against Everton in the FA Cup in 2016 from Lukaku.

Penalties are a complete lottery. I personally never expect a keeper to save one. If they do its a bonus.

Some goalkeepers are better than others at this lottery though. It's just not exactly clear why they are better. It's not even clear if they are better because of goalkeeping ability, Buffon is the best goalie of last 20 years, if not of all time, and his penalty stopping was nothing special.

Yashin supposedly saved 150 penalties and when I look at the photos he just looks like a person you really don't want to **** with. He also always wore a full black kit and I have a feeling he knew exactly what he was doing.

Maybe you just need to look intimidating and it makes it easier to get into people's heads.

Zidane defo out the running then, back to Madrid, wtf really odd move going back there now.

Zidane defo out the running then, back to Madrid, wtf really odd move going back there now.
The main reason he left was the lack of control over transfers. I think that, out of desperation, Perez gave into his demands lol

Back