The Manchester United Thread

How do they class the keeper stats if the shooting player misses the target?

Im pretty sure all the stats include missed penalties that are off target/hit woodwork and are marked down as saves for the keeper, so they will be slightly inaccurate. But I'd say that its only a small amount that have actually missed the target.

U19s Vs Midtjylland
Kovar, Laird, Ercolani, Bernard, O'Connor, Garner, Gomes, Traore, Mellor, Chong, Burkart

Subs: Fojticek, B.Williams, Levitt, Ramazani, Galbraith, Elanga, Mengi

One of the largest crowds for a youth game apparently ever at nearly 6000 :O

The club have told James Wilson they won’t be offering a new deal or activating his extension option and will leave for free in the Summer.

Shame another prolific young ST talent ruined by injuries. Just like Will Keane.

1-1 atm between the u19s. Gomes got our goal from a peno. Laird, Chong, Gomes absolutely tairing them to pieces. There a right dirty team. 11 fouls first half no cards :/ should win this. Garner playing well in the Carrick role.

Greenwood clearly must be our most highly regarded youngster atm considering he has stayed with first team and not played in that game whereas the likes of Chong has.

Levitt on for Traore and Ramanzani on for Burkart. Brandon Williams on for Laird.

2-1 down terrible defending. Will be a huge disappointment to go out here!!!

Last edited:
WOW 3-1 and out that’s a terrible and shocking score line! To wasteful in the final 3rd and as has been the case for a while concede to many easy goals. Also have a bit of first team syndrome. Do really well against the top sides then just switch off and lack intensity against teams we should be hammering.

Losing to them while recalling all the big guns. WOW!

WOW 3-1 and out that’s a terrible and shocking score line! To wasteful in the final 3rd and as has been the case for a while concede to many easy goals. Also have a bit of first team syndrome. Do really well against the top sides then just switch off and lack intensity against teams we should be hammering.

Losing to them while recalling all the big guns. WOW!

Still not something right with our reserve/youth teams for me, the talent is there but why are we losing to sides like that? With the U23's we have that useless plonker Sbraglia or whatever his name is. Then we have Neil Ryan head coach for the U18's, not exactly much of an improvement.

Are those twonks really going to push through these promising players? I hardly doubt it, just regressing if anything. We've got some really good players I that U 18 side so that's disappointing to say the least. Everyone spoke very highly of that Traore from PSG before he arrived here.

Still not something right with our reserve/youth teams for me, the talent is there but why are we losing to sides like that? With the U23's we have that useless plonker Sbraglia or whatever his name is. Then we have Neil Ryan head coach for the U18's, not exactly much of an improvement.

Are those twonks really going to push through these promising players? I hardly doubt it, just regressing if anything. We've got some really good players I that U 18 side so that's disappointing to say the least. Everyone spoke very highly of that Traore from PSG before he arrived here.
Ryans actually a good coach very much teaches the lads good attacking technical football. Just like McKenna just not very good at organising a defence.

Which at that age isn’t so much of a problem. All our defenders are good on the ball and have good technical ability at that age. And you can see the defencive qualities. But at that age we only seem focused on technique and attacking. Where it falls down and in a big big way, is when they step up to the u23s.

With Joyce there you know you wasn’t going to get great free flowing football. But you got great discipline, work ethic and a lot of tactical work and team structure. Add to that the qualities they learned technique and attacking wise. We always did well under Joyce and the players were ready for that step up to first team football either here or away elsewhere. With Sbragia it’s just an absolute **** show. He’s niether one or the other. It’s just a mess.!

We have some top talent in all age groups. We just need to make the right appointment at u23s to prepare them for that final step. Traore is a **** of a player. Very much a mini Viera in style just very inconsistent atm sometimes finds it to easy.

Great to hear that Dean Henderson form of the past 2/3 seasons have got him on Gareth Southgates radar for future England squads.

Ndombele what a player. Yes please :)

Matic needs upgrading sooner rather than later tbf, he's not mobile enough to cover the ground sometimes and given his age I wouldn't fancy seeing him play every game next season if we were in 4 competitions. He should of closed down Xhaka better for Arsenal's goal.

Regarding ho we get next in CL, the thing I want moist really is having an opponent where we play the away leg first. I just feel we are better away from home and if we can get a goal or two gives you a massive advantage going into the home leg.

Matic needs upgrading sooner rather than later tbf, he's not mobile enough to cover the ground sometimes and given his age I wouldn't fancy seeing him play every game next season if we were in 4 competitions. He should of closed down Xhaka better for Arsenal's goal.

Regarding ho we get next in CL, the thing I want moist really is having an opponent where we play the away leg first. I just feel we are better away from home and if we can get a goal or two gives you a massive advantage going into the home leg.

If City get drawn away first leg as well then we have to reverse our fixture and play the first leg at home because UEFA won't allow us both to play at home on the same night or on consecutive nights. Only way it will work in our favour is if both us and City get drawn at home for the first leg, then we would be reversed to play away first.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...se-champions-league-games-for-manchester-city

Last edited:
Scholes leaves Oldham, couldn't hack it. Mourinho's smiling somewhere with a whiskey.

I'd want the opposite, another PSG scenario, just hopefully put ourselves in a better position at home in the first 90. The away goal rule in 2nd legs frighten home teams.

In fact, in the last decade, all of our eliminations, bar one, were HOME leg first AWAY leg second.

I'd want the opposite, another PSG scenario, just hopefully put ourselves in a better position at home in the first 90. The away goal rule in 2nd legs frighten home teams.

In fact, in the last decade, all of our eliminations, bar one, were HOME leg first AWAY leg second.

Yeah I don't trust us to do that in the first leg at home though, we're pretty dodgy at Old Trafford for some reason and have been for a while. Get a few away goals however and then have them back at OT I'd feel more comfortable we can get the right result to see us through.

I've got a feeling we're getting Barcelona, hope I'm wrong.

Back