The Manchester United Thread

Yeah I don't trust us to do that in the first leg at home though, we're pretty dodgy at Old Trafford for some reason and have been for a while. Get a few away goals however and then have them back at OT I'd feel more comfortable we can get the right result to see us through.

I've got a feeling we're getting Barcelona, hope I'm wrong.

and it's for that reason I would rather know what we're dealing with in terms of away goals conceded AFTER the first leg.

Barcelona, feckin ****, >.<

ZZ instincts right once again.

Last edited:
Bring them the **** on. Some payback for 09 & 11!!

Look at it this way, if I told you at the start of December we'd beat PSG and get Barca in the quarters, you'd have bitten my hand off.

I actually think we’re gonna win this.Solskjaer has brought the winning mentality from SAF’s time and Barca have Valverde, so if we can keep our cool(looking at you, Pogba)I think we can beat Barca and announce to the world that we are back in Europe.

I actually think we’re gonna win this.Solskjaer has brought the winning mentality from SAF’s time and Barca have Valverde, so if we can keep our cool(looking at you, Pogba)I think we can beat Barca and announce to the world that we are back in Europe.

Hah....

Ignore the spoilt Barca fans, Valverde has been v.good for them. Just because it isn't Pep's tiki-taka

Or we could get bent over and ****** in the ****....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I admire any man who's positive about his team, but we still need to acknowledge & respect they

-have the best player in history
-are walking their league
-are European royalty

Being optimistic about it is one thing, but we need to acknowledge we're underdogs over 180 mins. Just to get here past PSG was a great achievement, anything here in is a bonus! Having said that, let's ******* have them

I'd want the opposite, another PSG scenario, just hopefully put ourselves in a better position at home in the first 90. The away goal rule in 2nd legs frighten home teams.

In fact, in the last decade, all of our eliminations, bar one, were HOME leg first AWAY leg second.

ole agrees:

Ole: "I’m probably completely different to 99 per cent of managers, as I prefer away last like we had against PSG. If you can get a decent result at home, then we know we can go away and hurt anyone like we did in Paris."

I prefer second leg away as well as what’s already said I think it’s a hige benefit if it gets to extra time as one goal means the other side has to score twice. You basically get an extra half hour to score away goals the other side doesn’t get

I stand by what I said.Ronaldo’s the best player in the world.(did you not see what he did to atleti?And that isn’t the first time that has happened(Wolfsburg)).I agree Valverde been good in the league, but he is like Mourinho was at Madrid when they play the cl- tactically sound, but very conservative.The 6-1 comeback would not have happened if it were valverde at the helm.I really think we can beat them.

Scholes leaves Oldham, couldn't hack it. Mourinho's smiling somewhere with a whiskey.
The owner is a meddling **** who gets involved in team affairs, guess Scholesy wasnt having it. Then again Mourinho had to deal with Woodward so...

I stand by what I said.Ronaldo’s the best player in the world.(did you not see what he did to atleti?And that isn’t the first time that has happened(Wolfsburg)).I agree Valverde been good in the league, but he is like Mourinho was at Madrid when they play the cl- tactically sound, but very conservative.The 6-1 comeback would not have happened if it were valverde at the helm.I really think we can beat them.
How Ronaldo is involved in United - Barca tie?

I think Ronaldo has a better mentality & probably even the better legacy, but he doesn't touch Messi as a footballer. Messi competes with Ronaldo for being the world's best goalscorer, Hazard/Neymar for being the worlds best dribbler/go-to-man & even with the likes of Ozil & co. for the best creator - all of this to obscenely elite levels - and for what it's worth, I prefer Ronaldo!

So up for Barcelona. Wanted them or Ajax. Going to be a cracking tie

Ethan Galbraith has earned his first international cap being called up for NI u21s :)

Absolutely buzzing for the Barca matches!

Back