The Manchester United Thread

I kind of want Fred to play again tomorrow, just feel last two games he has been getting some form and shame to drop him again.

Can rule out any older signings after Ole presser. Said when asked about Bale. Yes we want quality players but we want quality players who will give us longevity. And take into account all the aspects of a deal age, fitness etc.

Woodward would sign Bale if given the choice, but any manager in their right mind wouldnt touch him with a barge pole. Never mind the fee, he can't stay fit. We've got enough with Sanchez without him as well

Woodward would sign Bale if given the choice, but any manager in their right mind wouldnt touch him with a barge pole. Never mind the fee, he can't stay fit. We've got enough with Sanchez without him as well
Dont think Woodward’s got a choice. Ole made it clear that he’s given the club targets.

Dont think Woodward’s got a choice. Ole made it clear that he’s given the club targets.

Well fingers crossed he's learned his lesson. Coz if he's not gonna listen to Mourinho then by rights you would think he wouldn't listen to Ole either. Saying that though maybe he did learn his lesson last season and thats why he wouldn't go for older players like Perisic/Boateng, and only caved in on Sanchez out of pressure

Well fingers crossed he's learned his lesson. Coz if he's not gonna listen to Mourinho then by rights you would think he wouldn't listen to Ole either. Saying that though maybe he did learn his lesson last season and thats why he wouldn't go for older players like Perisic/Boateng, and only caved in on Sanchez out of pressure
He will defo listen to Ole especially after what he’s done till now. Ole position in terms of demands are super strong. He can basically demand what size contract he wants, what wage he wants, signings. What he’s done to this club since arriving is a minor miracle tbh he holds all the cards atm. Yes Woody should of backed Mourinho after his new contract 100% he made his bed and should of laid in it with Mourinho. Glad he also had the sense in the back of his mind to not bow to all those older signings!

I think Ronaldo has a better mentality & probably even the better legacy, but he doesn't touch Messi as a footballer. Messi competes with Ronaldo for being the world's best goalscorer, Hazard/Neymar for being the worlds best dribbler/go-to-man & even with the likes of Ozil & co. for the best creator - all of this to obscenely elite levels - and for what it's worth, I prefer Ronaldo!
Cannot disagree there.

Just watching MUTV interview with Ole. Love what I’m hearing in regards to signings! WE need to get the right players, with the right mentality that will give us longevity and play the Utd way (6) Young exciting wonder kids incoming :)

Tbf, I'm not a fan of this "Woodward didn't support Mourinho" narrative. Mourinho wanted a CM, he broke the world record for him. He felt the demands he wanted from that record CM, he needed an adequate DM, so he threw 40M for Matic. Even after that, he blew 50M on a CM he didn't even seem keen on this season. He wanted a CB, well, 2, and he paid like 60-70M for a pair. He wanted someone to replace Zlatan, & was virtually given his choice of any available striker in world football to purchase, and he took Lukaku for 75M. He wanted a winger, he got Mkhi in, which backfired, then was allowed to destabilize the entire wage structure with swapping him for Alexis Sanchez. He wanted to take a RB in, he got Dalot.

So are we really going to say he didn't get supported because he wasn't allowed to sell Martial & replace him with Perisic? I mean, yeah, technically, he wasn't completely supported this window, but it was a good thing he wasn't. Club had some common sense.

.... So are we really going to say he didn't get supported because he wasn't allowed to sell Martial & replace him with Perisic? I mean, yeah, technically, he wasn't completely supported this window, but it was a good thing he wasn't. Club had some common sense.

Absolutely save for the ‘common sense’ went in extending him early when there was no clear sign of progress.

After the club went all in there it was shambolic, and wrong, to not back him the summer. Far be it from me to defend that gobshite but if he’s your man, you had to back him. If he wasn’t, you don’t extend him.

So after Oles last few interviews on transfers. Good mentality, Play the Utd way and Longevity/Young. Any ideas on potential targets?

Suggests to me that Sancho rumours look true, as opposed to Bale. CB's interesting, would almost definitely rule out Toby. Kouli will be 28? Maybe shock move for De Ligt? Still think 28 is a nice age for a ready-made, WC centre half though.

Then there's that Joao Felix lad we're heavily linked with.

Tbf, I'm not a fan of this "Woodward didn't support Mourinho" narrative. Mourinho wanted a CM, he broke the world record for him. He felt the demands he wanted from that record CM, he needed an adequate DM, so he threw 40M for Matic. Even after that, he blew 50M on a CM he didn't even seem keen on this season. He wanted a CB, well, 2, and he paid like 60-70M for a pair. He wanted someone to replace Zlatan, & was virtually given his choice of any available striker in world football to purchase, and he took Lukaku for 75M. He wanted a winger, he got Mkhi in, which backfired, then was allowed to destabilize the entire wage structure with swapping him for Alexis Sanchez. He wanted to take a RB in, he got Dalot.

So are we really going to say he didn't get supported because he wasn't allowed to sell Martial & replace him with Perisic? I mean, yeah, technically, he wasn't completely supported this window, but it was a good thing he wasn't. Club had some common sense.

This. Woodward hs many flaws, which we've all discussed. But he backed Jose. Until he tried to bump a young start for a 30 year old, which made no sense as a transfer

Absolutely save for the ‘common sense’ went in extending him early when there was no clear sign of progress.

After the club went all in there it was shambolic, and wrong, to not back him the summer. Far be it from me to defend that gobshite but if he’s your man, you had to back him. If he wasn’t, you don’t extend him.

No, they made the right call not to back him, they realised (too late in many ways) that backing him was only going to damage the make up of the squad.

Suggests to me that Sancho rumours look true, as opposed to Bale. CB's interesting, would almost definitely rule out Toby. Kouli will be 28? Maybe shock move for De Ligt? Still think 28 is a nice age for a ready-made, WC centre half though.

Then there's that Joao Felix lad we're heavily linked with.
Yeah pretty much what I was thinking. Yeah Koulibaly would be good. But if younger then maybe De Ligt, Milenkovic, Skrinrar, Gravenberch. RW Sancho, Chiesa, Lozano, Under, Pepe, Felix. CM Ndombele, Neves, Brooks, Fernandes, Berge, Pellegrini, Aour, Rabiot.

There the 3 positions and some names I hope we are looking at.

Last edited:
Would absolutely love De Ligt and feel he would suit Ole's style of management well. Ok could say that he's 19 but it's a bit of a exception because he is really experience for his age and has such a leader mentality that we badly lack.

But sadly De Ligt going to Barcelona most likely, so in terms of other young CB's I can think of Skriniar I guess.

I don't think we'll get Sancho this summer, Dortmund want him to stay for another season and who can blame them? Price will most likely just keep rising so no rush to sell.

No, they made the right call not to back him, they realised (too late in many ways) that backing him was only going to damage the make up of the squad.

Then don’t extend him.

That’s the whole crux. You can’t have it both ways.

No queztion he should never have been given money the summer. But after you’ve extemded him early and gone all in, you have to back him. Rightly or wrongly thats the path you’ve chosen.

Instead they just made an absolute mockery of themselves and their horrendous decisions from the moment they extended him so early.

Then don’t extend him.

That’s the whole crux. You can’t have it both ways.

No queztion he should never have been given money the summer. But after you’ve extemded him early and gone all in, you have to back him. Rightly or wrongly thats the path you’ve chosen.

Instead they just made an absolute mockery of themselves and their horrendous decisions from the moment they extended him so early.

Eh?? They can't go back in time mate. What are you talking about? Your argument makes no sense

Back