The Manchester United Thread

Wtf did all the city players **** a lucky charm or slip some brown envelopes around. Absolute travesty to Swansea tonight. People slag off VAR......

Yeh feel bad for them, wasn't a penalty but hey that's football. City have had favourable opponents in all the competitions so far.

Wtf did all the city players **** a lucky charm or slip some brown envelopes around. Absolute travesty to Swansea tonight. People slag off VAR......

How the **** can any pundits wank over them and the so called amazing come back (greatest ever lol) after those clearly **** decisions!

I aren’t an advocate of VAR at all personally and don’t want it in the game. So I’ll leave any thoughts on City getting away with one.

But it’s an absolute joke to have it in a competition only at certain grounds. How is it fair it’ll be used at Wolves in a bit but not ar Swansea?

More FA hypocrisy.

I aren’t an advocate of VAR at all personally and don’t want it in the game. So I’ll leave any thoughts on City getting away with one.

But it’s an absolute joke to have it in a competition only at certain grounds. How is it fair it’ll be used at Wolves in a bit but not ar Swansea?

More FA hypocrisy.
Yeah that irks. Have it all or don’t! But you didn’t even need it for either decision absolutely shocking refereeing!

More FA hypocrisy.
the reason is cos there not in the prem and thats it

Every ****** thing practically goes down the left. We need to do much better with the possession we've had. Move it quicker.

Last edited:
Absolute rubbish, tactically outdone for the 3rd game in a row. Yeah I'm kinda counting PSG despite the win because we got it wrong with Bailly at the start.

The Solskjaer novelty is off, he can't have this job long-term, I've been thinking it but we were so disjointed last few games.

Solskjaer weathered the storm, we need a bigger name to this job, it's an enormous one in the summer. No disrespect to him, but this job is too big to get wrong again.

wow glad i dont lvie with zz guys a head case good to see we have to old zz back **** me get a grip

The only thing that baffles me tonight is why throw all the returning players back from injury into the same team. You could tell they have only trained a couple of days.

Another annoying thing is when ever we concede under Ole it’s not from being outplayed or carved open. It’s from stupid mistakes and lapses of concentration. Frustrating.

Last edited:
The only thing that baffles me tonight is why throw all the returning players back from injury into the same team. You could tell they have only trained a couple of days.

Another annoying thing is when ever we concede under Ole it’s not from being outplayed or carved open. It’s from stupid mistakes and lapses of concentration. Frustrating.

The warning sign was there all along though TOD and we didn't tactically adjust to it. How many times were they pinging balls from one side to the pitch to the other stretching us with their wing-back in miles of space?

To be honest there was nothing about the performance tonight I could take as a positive. Pogba as captain and was absolutely terrible. Can't remember when he has been captain and had a good game. I don't even know why we give it him, he has enough pressure without the armband let alone with it.

The warning sign was there all along though TOD and we didn't tactically adjust to it. How many times were they pinging balls from one side to the pitch to the other stretching us with their wing-back in miles of space?

To be honest there was nothing about the performance tonight I could take as a positive. Pogba as captain and was absolutely terrible. Can't remember when he has been captain and had a good game. I don't even know why we give it him, he has enough pressure without the armband let alone with it.
I understand that but that’s not how they scored. They scored from Luke Shaw falling over and a ridiculously lucky ping pong ball in the box landing in the box to Jimenez. They didn’t cut us open to create a good chance once.

All the other efforts where from Neves 30 yarders. And one unmarked header from a corner. Frustrating result to say the least but I’m not gonna go off the deep end. We had 4 players who had only a few days training in the starting 11 and 1 on the bench. No STR or attacking options to change the game.

One thing that will play a big a factor is fitness at the back end of the season. We’ve gone since the start of LVG era till only a few months ago being a lazy sideways and backwards passing defensive team, with the least sprints/distance covered per match to the complete opposite and it’s clearly telling.

No need to be overreactionary and start the doom mongering. Ole is doing a great job atm from where we were. He needs time as do the team to fully adapt.

I agree with you TOD but we caused our own problems today, like you say bringing back all them midfielders who had no match sharpness. Just as Fred was hitting his stride and we didn't see him at all, I don't get it.

A massive April coming up that's for sure, we can't afford to drop anymore points in the league at the moment and then Barca in CL. Considering the great form we're still in 5th which means Emmerdale cup for next season.

I agree with you TOD but we caused our own problems today, like you say bringing back all them midfielders who had no match sharpness. Just as Fred was hitting his stride and we didn't see him at all, I don't get it.

A massive April coming up that's for sure, we can't afford to drop anymore points in the league at the moment and then Barca in CL. Considering the great form we're still in 5th which means Emmerdale cup for next season.
Ole got that wrong imo the team selection but he obviously wanted to go through and picked his strongest team. Just happened to backfire tonight unfortunately. Still confident of getting a result despite being massively difficult but over 2 legs can be done. Also still confident on top 4. Even if we narrowly miss out we can’t really blame Ole to much look at the mountain he had to climb to get us to even have a sniff. lnternational break has come at a great time for us for once. Get players rested and get the players who have returned some much needed match sharpness. Then we go again!

Stick with Ole and the players. Let him put in the work in pre season and by the start of next season there will be no excuses to not being use to our new style of play. Also back the man to the hill in the Summer. I can confidently say if we had Ole from the start of this season we would be sitting pretty in 3rd now and that’s with the squad he already has. Gets the right signings this Summer we will be there or there about next season.

Ole got that wrong imo the team selection but he obviously wanted to go through and picked his strongest team. Just happened to backfire tonight unfortunately. Still confident of getting a result despite being massively difficult but over 2 legs can be done. Also still confident on top 4. Even if we narrowly miss out we can’t really blame Ole to much look at the mountain he had to climb to get us to even have a sniff. lnternational break has come at a great time for us for once. Get players rested and get the players who have returned some much needed match sharpness. Then we go again!

Stick with Ole and the players. Let him put in the work in pre season and by the start of next season there will be no excuses to not being use to our new style of play. Also back the man to the hill in the Summer. I can confidently say if we had Ole from the start of this season we would be sitting pretty in 3rd now and that’s with the squad he already has. Gets the right signings this Summer we will be there or there about next season.

You know I'd agree with you majority of this but for me we have to think very carefully about how Ole handles this next part of season before appointing him. Because so far we've only seen him when things are going well, at the moment we've lost 2 matches in a row. I want to see if he turns this around and most importantly if we learn from mistakes against Wolves in the league after Watford at home.

I really want Solskjaer to work out but it seems too much of a fantasy, I'm not saying it definitely can't. But right now I don't like what I'm seeing and we need a **** of a lot better than what we saw tonight. I don't even know if we even created a good chance apart from the goal.

Back