The Manchester United Thread

Yeah but if he is in pain during the game should of subbed him straight away. I think we are trying to rush too many players back like with Lingard against Liverpool. One thing that bugs me about yesterday is why we didn't use Fred at all, I'm starting to think he is being a mistreated here. As soon as he gets some form he is ****** dropped, happened under both managers now. (Mourinho & Solskjaer).
Ole won’t rush anyone back. He can only go on the physio and ultimately the players own say on his fitness/ feelings etc.

Curious to get Rhqq's thoughts on Nuno the Wolves manager, do you really think he is CL level manager? I'm just asking out of curiosity and why you think he is. I've not seen much of his teams play but from last night, I didn't think it was anything revolutionary. 5-3-2 playing on the counter, it did work very well but I always felt the game was ours to win. We were just so poor on the ball that we couldn't actually create one meaningful chance.

UNDER 16's: YESTERDAY- Newcastle 0-4 #MUFC

XI
Dermot Mee
Iestyn Hughes, Will Fish, Owen Dodgson, Alfie Hughes
Charlie Savage, Max Haygarth
26bd.png
, Zidane Iqbal
Mipo Odubeko
26bd.png
, Shola Shoretire
26bd.png
, Noah Botic
26bd.png

SUBS
Charlie Wellens, Junior Lively, Omari Forson

Noah Botic has been on trial and Utd have taken the option to sign him. Is an attacking player from Australia and has scored in all games on trial

I rate Nuno from what I’ve seen this last 2 seasons hard not to tbh. Has his system never strays from it. Trusts his players to play the way he wants. And the players obviously love playing for him and work there ***** off evey game. Tbh think a few under rate them because there club name is Wolves. Look at the squad it’s full with quality and with Agent Mendes there bringing in more talent and having a huge influence on transfers. They ain’t going away and are gonna be pushing for top 4 imo soon. There record against the big boys is outstanding and I can’t see it changing.

Mario Balotelli reportedly had a t-shirt with the face of Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford underneath his Marseille shirt in case he scored & celebrated vs. PSG this evening.

I rate Nuno from what I’ve seen this last 2 seasons hard not to tbh. Has his system never strays from it. Trusts his players to play the way he wants. And the players obviously love playing for him and work there ***** off evey game. Tbh think a few under rate them because there club name is Wolves. Look at the squad it’s full with quality and with Agent Mendes there bringing in more talent and having a huge influence on transfers. They ain’t going away and are gonna be pushing for top 4 imo soon. There record against the big boys is outstanding and I can’t see it changing.

Don't get me wrong they have done very well but my question is if he only stays to one system, I wonder if he has a plan B? Secondly, if you look at their midfield on paper technically better than most of the league bar a few. top teams maybe. So why can't you play a bit more possession style and dictate the game a bit more? With that midfield it should be possible against most teams.

I'm not knocking anything they've done but just kind of wondering long-term where they go with that style of football. With their midfield surely they could be playing a bit more of an expansive game.

We had 60% possession a times against them, that usually doesn't happen against relegation teams for us. But for Wolves on paper their midfield is probably better than ours from a technical point of view. If you take away City and maybe Liverpool their midfield is as good as anything in this league as a collective.

CL level manager doesn’t mean you have to be an innovative or revolutionary coach. He drills an excellent defensive system and executes it superbly.

Arent Simeone, Allegri etc. CL level coaches, despite their lack of modern innovation? I see him potentially reaching that bracket.

CL level manager doesn’t mean you have to be an innovative or revolutionary coach. He drills an excellent defensive system and executes it superbly.

Arent Simeone, Allegri etc. CL level coaches, despite their lack of modern innovation? I see him potentially reaching that bracket.

Credit to them but I just feel that style of football is a bit dated now. In fairness to Allegri he has more strings in his bow, their recent game against Atletico in CL being prime example. Plus when they played us at Old Trafford they play a more possession based game.

Credit to them but I just feel that style of football is a bit dated now. In fairness to Allegri he has more strings in his bow, their recent game against Atletico in CL being prime example. Plus when they played us at Old Trafford they play a more possession based game.

It was probably dated a few years after it first started. Doesn't meant it will stop anytime soon, nor should it - in most cases, it is still extremely effective. Besides, that's the beauty of Football isn't it, play however you want to//

It was probably dated a few years after it first started. Doesn't meant it will stop anytime soon, nor should it - in most cases, it is still extremely effective. Besides, that's the beauty of Football isn't it, play however you want to//

Yeah I'm not knocking anything they've done, I'm just wondering whether this style of play will continue to be successful, for example next season when teams will have an exact idea on what they are doing. Whether this style of play is going to get them to CL places, not beyond the realms of possibility next season, but pretty unlikely I think.

Jeremy Wilson chief writer for Telegraph released an article this morning saying Pochettino remains the plan for United and has always been the vision no matter how successful we are with Solskjaer in coming months.

I think it's a very interesting few months coming up, but for me if you have always had a plan to get a manager and then a caretaker comes in does well. Do we really abandon all this? I love Solskjaer as much as the next guy but I've felt for year now Pochettino was perfect for United. I don't think we can abandon that over a few months.

The club still seems set on Pochettino anyway, according to that article. Rightly or wrongly, fans won't like it mostly if true of course.

Jeremy Wilson chief writer for Telegraph released an article this morning saying Pochettino remains the plan for United and has always been the vision no matter how successful we are with Solskjaer in coming months.

I think it's a very interesting few months coming up, but for me if you have always had a plan to get a manager and then a caretaker comes in does well. Do we really abandon all this? I love Solskjaer as much as the next guy but I've felt for year now Pochettino was perfect for United. I don't think we can abandon that over a few months.

The club still seems set on Pochettino anyway, according to that article. Rightly or wrongly, fans won't like it mostly if true of course.
Wouldnt believe anything Wilson writes about Utd he’s terrible with anything to do with us especially transfers. And that piece he’s written is nothing but speculative nonsense. With no quotes or sources or even anything quoting his own sources. I would only pay attention to Ducker from the Telegraph regarding Utd.

Think it’s already done with Ole. When Woodward was asked directly after the PSG victory at the airport. He said with a big smile and smirk. “maybe” if he had given Ole the job already.

It it was only in Jan he was 100% sure we was selling Rojo, Sanchez and Darmian. And was tweeting about us getting/going for Griezmann again this Summer.

Nothing is done until its signed. And Wilson is a very good journalist.

Journalists never name sources ever

Last edited:
Wouldnt believe anything Wilson writes about Utd he’s terrible with anything to do with us especially transfers. And that piece he’s written is nothing but speculative nonsense. With no quotes or sources or even anything quoting his own sources. I would only pay attention to Ducker from the Telegraph regarding Utd.

Think it’s already done with Ole. When Woodward was asked directly after the PSG victory at the airport. He said with a big smile and smirk. “maybe” if he had given Ole the job already.

It it was only in Jan he was 100% sure we was selling Rojo, Sanchez and Darmian. And was tweeting about us getting/going for Griezmann again this Summer.

The success rate of caretaker manager does worry me big time, especially when it comes to PL. I don't think there has been a successful one when turned into permanent manager in recent history? Most of them have a good honeymoon and then it goes **** up.

Very tough decision, Solskjaer is the fans favourite but I'm not sure whether we can overlook Pochettino if we can get him. In an ideal world you'd have both, Ole as assistant but that won't ever happen.

Nothing is done until its signed. And Wilson is a very good journalist.

Journalists never name sources ever
Never said he was a bad journalist. Just usually way off coming with Utd stuff. Obviously no one named sources lol. But usually you get the old bla bla a source close to the club at least.

Dont get me wrong I wouldn’t be upset if we got Poch. But he also has question marks to. Maybe miles off but can’t see us paying 40m or whatever to get Poch. Then still having the sufficient funds to get the players in we need. Also find it very odd that there plastering Ole on all the advertising for the Tour and Especially season tickets for next year. Even leaked to be in the new kit launches. But doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

Last edited:
Never said he was a bad journalist. Just usually way off coming with Utd stuff. Obviously no one named sources lol. But usually you get the old bla bla a source close to the club at least.

Dont get me wrong I wouldn’t be upset if we got Poch. But he also has question marks to. Maybe miles off but can’t see us paying 40m or whatever to get Poch. Then still having the sufficient funds to get the players in we need. Also find it very odd that there plastering Ole on all the advertising for the Tour and Especially season tickets for next year. Even leaked to be in the new kit launches. But doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

He's no more off than ducker is tbh.

I still want Poch, the only thing that worries me a little is the fact that he'd probably take his entire coaching team with him and it could upset the current stability. Phelan & the lads are clearly adored by the boys, and know the club inside out. Could be a Moyes all over again.

I still want Poch, the only thing that worries me a little is the fact that he'd probably take his entire coaching team with him and it could upset the current stability. Phelan & the lads are clearly adored by the boys, and know the club inside out. Could be a Moyes all over again.
I think we should give ole a chance.I mean, if someone like ancelotti were available I’d switch in an instant, but I don’t really think Poch would do very well here, don’t think he’d be able to motivate the lads the way ole does(just something extra people with true big game experience can do, like Zizou, Carlo and others who have either played or managed big games on a regular basis

We have two really good options for differing reasons. Im quite happy to wait and play it out tbh

Back