The Manchester United Thread

You know I'd agree with you majority of this but for me we have to think very carefully about how Ole handles this next part of season before appointing him. Because so far we've only seen him when things are going well, at the moment we've lost 2 matches in a row. I want to see if he turns this around and most importantly if we learn from mistakes against Wolves in the league after Watford at home.

I really want Solskjaer to work out but it seems too much of a fantasy, I'm not saying it definitely can't. But right now I don't like what I'm seeing and we need a **** of a lot better than what we saw tonight. I don't even know if we even created a good chance apart from the goal.
What more can he do tbh with what he’s got and from where he started literally nothing! Everyone was saying what you said after the PSG loss. What happened we went to Chelsea in the cup at our biggest bogey ground and comfortably outplayed them, then put on that performance against PSG with that team. Like I said I don’t know what else he can do.

What more can he do tbh with what he’s got and from where he started literally nothing! Everyone was saying what you said after the PSG loss. What happened we went to Chelsea in the cup at our biggest bogey ground and comfortably outplayed them, then put on that performance against PSG with that team. Like I said I don’t know what else he can do.

Yeah I think we just got to ride this season out though buddy before making a decision either way. Like mike said it should answer itself either way in the end.

I did overreact tbf but I am a bit worried after seeing a performance like that.

Zzeezzy in all over the place shocker

Big name? We had one of the biggest in Jose, pray tell how that went?

Zzeezzy in all over the place shocker

Big name? We had one of the biggest in Jose, pray tell how that went?

My main worry with Solskjaer is that when the going gets tough will the sharks gobble him up like they did with Jose? I know Tyton made this point a few weeks ago and he may be right, I guess we'll see how the season rides itself out.

My main worry with Solskjaer is that when the going gets tough will the sharks gobble him up like they did with Jose? I know Tyton made this point a few weeks ago and he may be right, I guess we'll see how the season rides itself out.

Jose made his own life ****. When times get tough, don't throw players under the bus. He's made no bones about the fact we've got plenty of work to be done.

The season will be a strong judgement of him, good or bad. If anything, this blip will tell us what he's got in adversity over the next few weeks.

When Mou was kicked and Solskjaer took over, most of us hoped for him to calm the waters till United get someone else in the Summer. Three or four months later, United have gotten into the top 4, beat the PSG and went into FA Cup 1/4 final the hard way. And with half the squad injured in last month. Only last 2 games changed that.
Of someone offered me that in January, I would ******* bite their hands off, because United were in a big, ugly mess left by Mourinho and Woodward.
Ole took his 'not good enough squad' and made it really good enough to go toe to toe with almost everyone in the league. Sorry if Im not going to critisize Solskjaer over some losses because he's done 10 times more than I ever expected. He's free of that for the rest of the season. If he gets the job and gets his players, then he should be judged by these kind of losses. No one expected United could even be in this position, to moan about not winning the throphy in Jan.

I admire his no excuse approach after the game and saying it how it is. I just wonder if he is more of an impact manager rather than a good long-term candidate. Maybe I'm over analysing last few games but it was really poor yesterday. We were getting Ole'd whilst they passed the ball around us ffs lol.

Solskjaer's tactic yesterday got exposed as well, this whole building through Pogba and going down the left was so predictable now. Teams have worked it out, didn't see any adjustment yesterday either despite seeing warning signs throughout the game from Wolves.

Be interesting to see how we get on in next few games because they are pivotal to any top 4 hope. Have to be beating both Watford and Wolves which will be key to seeing if he learns from a game.

Wolves this season have:

-beaten & drew with Chelsea.
-beaten Spurs away.
-took points off Arsenal, one of the likeliest to do us a favour in the run in vs. them too.
-knocked Liverpool out of the cup.

Sometimes, football teams get beat, especially your opponents are tricky customers like Wolves who are built to frustrate & inflict damage to top sides, as they've proved all season, and have in my opinion, a CL level coach.

Was a little bit surprised Ole threw all of Martial, Lingard & Herrera right in from the off coming off a spell out, wasn't like rotation was really needed given it's an international break, maybe Fred and Pereira as fully match-fit & match-sharp players would've been better from the start and just eased the attackers in particular into an open around 60-70 mins.

Wolves this season have:

-beaten Spurs away.
-took points off Arsenal, one of the likeliest to do us a favour in the run in vs. them too.

Sometimes, football teams get beat, especially your opponents are tricky customers like Wolves who are built to frustrate & inflict damage to top sides, as they've proved all season, and have in my opinion, a CL level coach.

Was a little bit surprised Ole threw all of Martial, Lingard & Herrera right in from the off coming off a spell out, wasn't like rotation was really needed given it's an international break, maybe Fred and Pereira as fully match-fit & match-sharp players would've been better from the start and just eased the attackers in particular into an open around 60-70 mins.

Sounds crazy to say it but we badly missed Lukaku badly, our front-line is ****** powder puff last night. No physicality against 3 commanding CB's.... good luck.

I just think the longer than expected honeymoon under a new manager may be over, hope I'm wrong but I'm worried going forward. But it will answer itself after the international break.

Solskjaer's tactic yesterday got exposed as well, this whole building through Pogba and going down the left was so predictable now. Teams have worked it out, didn't see any adjustment yesterday either despite seeing warning signs throughout the game from Wolves.

Be interesting to see how we get on in next few games because they are pivotal to any top 4 hope. Have to be beating both Watford and Wolves which will be key to seeing if he learns from a game.
You can’t make adjustments when you don’t have the tools tbh.

Fosu-Mensah having a decent game I think, turned off a bit for their goal however considering barely played the season doing himself justice.

Wolves this season have:

-beaten Spurs away.

Took a point of us as well.

Fosu-Mensah having a decent game I think, turned off a bit for their goal however considering barely played the season doing himself justice.
He’s still a good prospect who has been dealt some ****** hands out on loan. Ole will give him a chance.

Extra time in the FA Cup women’s tie. Reading on top though.

Get in there! 1-0 Utd. Great dribbling run into the box by Lauren James who is tripped from behind. Captain Alex Greenwood puts homecthe peno.

Oh dear lol. A hopeful ball into the box and calamity stuff as both the keeper and defender take each other out and the soft header goes in. 1-1.

1-1 HT ET.

2-1 Utd good cross from Sigsworth forces the Reading defender to put into her own net.

WTF! 2-2 shocking defending. Another hopefull cross Harris completely miss judges her header and heads it straight to a reading player in the box for a easy finish. Both teams completely shot fitness wise.

FFS :( a really poor taken freekick and the keeper makes a right mess and spills it to the STR for a tap in. Gutted for them!!

Last edited:
Wtf martial pulls out of France squad due to a recurring knee injury, was in severe pain throughout the match. How can we allow him to play yesterday in that case? Baffled. He was awful, now I understand why partly.

Wtf martial pulls out of France squad due to a recurring knee injury, was in severe pain throughout the match. How can we allow him to play yesterday in that case? Baffled. He was awful, now I understand why partly.
Only read the Mirror and Sun saying it’s a recurring knee injury. Reports in France say it happened during the Wolves match. Oh well 2 weeks rest for our Tony :)

Only read the Mirror and Sun saying it’s a recurring knee injury. Reports in France say it happened during the Wolves match. Oh well 2 weeks rest for our Tony :)

Yeah but if he is in pain during the game should of subbed him straight away. I think we are trying to rush too many players back like with Lingard against Liverpool. One thing that bugs me about yesterday is why we didn't use Fred at all, I'm starting to think he is being a mistreated here. As soon as he gets some form he is ****** dropped, happened under both managers now. (Mourinho & Solskjaer).

Back