The Manchester United Thread

Allegri is the best tactician in football, but English media will eat him alive.

I think we should give ole a chance.I mean, if someone like ancelotti were available I’d switch in an instant, but I don’t really think Poch would do very well here, don’t think he’d be able to motivate the lads the way ole does(just something extra people with true big game experience can do, like Zizou, Carlo and others who have either played or managed big games on a regular basis

Don't get me wrong Solskjaer has done great things whilst here, but he lacks credentials at the top level of management and it just seems risky going with him. But my main worry is now after 2 defeats in a row, is the extended honeymoon over? We'll find out soon enough with the Watford game and the coming months.

I've always liked Pochettino, think he does wonders at times with that Spurs team. But at the same time Ole is very likeable, but I'm just not sure if he'll be able to cope with management here when the pressure is really on. Now it is ramping up because every game counts now, so we'll soon find out.

I think Poch talked himself out of a job here with his comments after Spurs were dumped out of the FA Cup. The last two games have been **** but I'd be pretty disappointed if Ole didn't get the job now.

Don't get me wrong Solskjaer has done great things whilst here, but he lacks credentials at the top level of management and it just seems risky going with him. But my main worry is now after 2 defeats in a row, is the extended honeymoon over? We'll find out soon enough with the Watford game and the coming months.

I've always liked Pochettino, think he does wonders at times with that Spurs team. But at the same time Ole is very likeable, but I'm just not sure if he'll be able to cope with management here when the pressure is really on. Now it is ramping up because every game counts now, so we'll soon find out.
Tbh you don’t have to have top credentials to be a good manager. And it’s not like we have had look with the established ones since Fergie has gone. Whats Poch done to say he has credentials at the top level. He’s been good at developing some players. But let’s not act as if he’s managing a bunch of average players. And his record at the top level is absolutely terrible. And when it usually comes to the crunch his team usually bottles it.

Ole knows the club knows the players. Is respected by all involved in the club. From where we were he performed absolute miracles tbh. 2 defeats against 2 top side (people are forgetting this!) Arsenal don’t lose at home hardly and Wolves have been fantastic against the top teams and have some quality players. Least Ole would have had half a season to ***** the squad know exactly what he needs. And likely working on getting deals ready to be done early. With Poch your going back to square one and will be playing catch up on all fronts again going into a new season.

TBH like Munroe I don’t even think he wants the job not yet anyway. New stadium will keep all his best players and will likely get investment, New massive contract just signed. Plus in nearly all his interviews he’s been stead fast in committing to Spurs. Which wasn’t the case when his future was questioned at his previous clubs. Not to mention Levy will defo drag this out all summer.

Last edited:
Apparently, Shaw has pulled out of the England squad due to injury. And Lukaku is undergoing scans. Just what we need. :/

Apparently, Shaw has pulled out of the England squad due to injury. And Lukaku is undergoing scans. Just what we need. :/
Think it’s just Ole learning from Sir Alex. Pulling a few players who need a rest. Lindelof hasn’t gone either.

I think it’a best to wait until the season is over for this decision incase ole falls off a cliff, but I don’t think credentials are a good yardstick for being a good manager for us.Look at Zidane, he only had an ok run with Castilla before he became real madrid manager and yet he led them to 3 CLs.Plus the players really seem to love ole.If he is fired, they might have a problem taking to the next manager(ala benitez post carlo), so really, it’d be best if we kept ole and focused on building a squad for him.

I think we need the following: Starting Right Back and a Young Midfielder(looking at Ruben Neves for this), anyone know how Januzaj’s doing?We could also use a striker with a different style than lukaku, someone like benzema to really set Martial and Rashford on fire in attack.Also think we should play a Bailly-Lindelof defence every game, see if we can get a partnership going there.

I think it’a best to wait until the season is over for this decision incase ole falls off a cliff, but I don’t think credentials are a good yardstick for being a good manager for us.Look at Zidane, he only had an ok run with Castilla before he became real madrid manager and yet he led them to 3 CLs.Plus the players really seem to love ole.If he is fired, they might have a problem taking to the next manager(ala benitez post carlo), so really, it’d be best if we kept ole and focused on building a squad for him.

I think we need the following: Starting Right Back and a Young Midfielder(looking at Ruben Neves for this), anyone know how Januzaj’s doing?We could also use a striker with a different style than lukaku, someone like benzema to really set Martial and Rashford on fire in attack.Also think we should play a Bailly-Lindelof defence every game, see if we can get a partnership going there.

The entire right side needs work. We haven't had a proper right winger for years. Sancho (or Bailey, whose name I've seen being touted about) could be the solution there. Plus, maybe think about LB too. Young is ageing, and Shaw, hopefully, his fitness continues, but we still need a backup for him. I'd say LB, RB and RM are needed. Oh, and a CM too, yes.

If we are getting a RB it needs to be someone like Rafael or Meunier about that 28 yr age. Then it would hinder Dalot or Laird coming through. Absolutely against a LB being brought in! Young-Shaw-Williams is enough and a good blend of ages. Priorities for me in order RW( Sancho or Lozano ) CB( Koulibaly, Varane, Skrinrar ) CM( Ndombele, Pellegrini, Aour ) then last a RB but on the conditions above!

The entire right side needs work. We haven't had a proper right winger for years. Sancho (or Bailey, whose name I've seen being touted about) could be the solution there. Plus, maybe think about LB too. Young is ageing, and Shaw, hopefully, his fitness continues, but we still need a backup for him. I'd say LB, RB and RM are needed. Oh, and a CM too, yes.
That is why I asked abour Januzaj.He’d be perfect for the right.I suppose we could play Rashhford there..Back up LB sounds right, as far as RW goes, we could buy Sancho, but I think a 110 mil is too much.As far as Rb goes, I have no idea who to buy for there

That is why I asked abour Januzaj.He’d be perfect for the right.I suppose we could play Rashhford there..Back up LB sounds right, as far as RW goes, we could buy Sancho, but I think a 110 mil is too much.As far as Rb goes, I have no idea who to buy for there
Januzaj is doing well at Real, exciting player. But he lacks end product and needs to take better decisions to really climb to the top.

Rumours about Griezman looking for a way out from Atletico. Would take him in a heartbeat. He would be so very expensive, but he's in the top 5 players in the world to me.

Wouldn't want Januzaj, hasn't really done something of note. I envisage his career more along the lines of a Drinkwater than a Pogba, mind. As for RB, wan Bissaka's name is being touted, and I wouldn't mind him too. He looks like a prospect.

Rumours about Griezman looking for a way out from Atletico. Would take him in a heartbeat. He would be so very expensive, but he's in the top 5 players in the world to me.

I wouldn't. Although he is WC, we really shouldn't be breaking the wage structure again like this. As it is, looking at Sanchez, we are in a mess with DDG. And Griezmann would break Sanchez's wage structure (and from rumours, that is after him taking a wage cut). There is no doubt he is WC, but at some point, you have to weigh in the overall effect it would have.

Why are people even talking about Wan Bisaka. What would be the point in having him and Dalot and Laird. Plus he’s awful going forward. Doesn’t make any sense to me especially for the rumoured 40m. No thanks to Griezmann! We can all forget about Neves while we are at it.

He’s a former winger who only fell into playing FB around this time last year after a major injury crisis and him not giving Zaha a kick in a training game.

‘Awful’ going forward is the very last thing Wan-Bisaka is. Up amd down, as all young players are, not least one learning a new position is more to the point.

He’s a former winger who only fell into playing FB around this time last year after a major injury crisis and him not giving Zaha a kick in a training game.

‘Awful’ going forward is the very last thing Wan-Bisaka is. Up amd down, as all young players are, not least one learning a new position is more to the point.
His end products terrible and wasn’t great at youth level either. IF we get a RB we need experience and balance to the squad. Not another young lad that will need time like everyone is saying about Dalot. Won’t take long for people to start complaining about his crossing and his pretty poor pass completion when going forward.

This guy will be better than Wan Bissaka in 1-2 yrs max! He’s just about to follow Garner in signing a new LT contract. Most probably has more to his game already. RB, LB, CB he’s just a beast!

Ethan Laird one of United u23s best players against Swansea while marking a player 7 years older than him. Only turned 16 in August & has handled step up to u18s, u19s & now u23s very well while often being the youngest player on the pitch. Big prospect.

https://youtu.be/bgm0qCQE2RU Swansea debut

Ethan Laird in the U18 Premier League this season:

11 appearances
5 assists
2 goals

Directly involved in a goal every 1.57 games from full-back.

https://youtu.be/8ETf0Qugqo8 Youth CL debut

https://youtu.be/HRty2nB5qsw Playing CB against Pool.

https://youtu.be/J4cEjsepdlA last years highlhights

His end products terrible and wasn’t great at youth level either. IF we get a RB we need experience and balance to the squad. Not another young lad that will need time like everyone is saying about Dalot. Won’t take long for people to start complaining about his crossing and his pretty poor pass completion when going forward.

Judging a 21-year-old, learning a completely new position, off his first full professional season, and in the PL at that, is, to be polite, absolutely ridiculous. 38 games in and he’s up and down ..... SHOCKER that.

I have no interest in whats best or not for Utd. I personally would be real surprised if hes not at City next year.

I responded to your incorrect assesment of AWB. With respect, you’re talking utter rubbish on Wan-Bissaka’s attacking ability. He may have fallen into playing FB by chance and injury, but its precisely the fact that he was a rapid, real promosing winger all his youth career that has him with so much promise as the perfect modern day FB.

Judging a 21-year-old, learning a completely new position, off his first full professional season, and in the PL at that, is, to be polite, absolutely ridiculous. 38 games in and he’s up and down ..... SHOCKER that.

I have no interest in whats best or not for Utd. I personally would be real surprised if hes not at City next year.

I responded to your incorrect assesment of AWB. With respect, you’re talking utter rubbish on Wan-Bissaka’s attacking ability. He may have fallen into playing FB by chance and injury, but its precisely the fact that he was a rapid, real promosing winger all his youth career that has him with so much promise as the perfect modern day FB.
His final 3rd play is pants man! I’ve watched enough him to know that. Even Palace fans say it’s his biggest flaw in his game. Yes he’s young and will likely improve. But we have exactly that with Dalot.

And yet conversly the Palace fans both games this year we’ve encountered were buzzing off him.

But yer know. Don’t let that get in the way of an up and down first full season with absolutely no context. It’ll help you to laugh at City if he ends up there.

Back