The Manchester United Thread

And yet conversly the Palace fans both games this year we’ve encountered were buzzing off him.

But yer know. Don’t let that get in the way of an up and down first full season with absolutely no context. It’ll help you to laugh at City if he ends up there.
Wth lol. Have I said he’s been ****? Have I said he won’t improve? All I’ve said is his final 3rd play is poor which it is. My was from the start is why do we need him when we have exactly the same in Dalot but least he can add quality to the final 3rd. If he ends up at City I won’t give a toss I’m not a fan who cries when good players end at other clubs it’s football.

What you did was try sell everyone that his end product was poor and was at youth level. Which it wasn’t and you added absoiutely no context to his up and down season. Just flippantly downed him on this year.

‘Lol’ away but its not altering the false narrative you tried to spin on Wan-Bissaka.

What you did was try sell everyone that his end product was poor and was at youth level. Which it wasn’t and you added absoiutely no context to his up and down season. Just flippantly downed him on this year.

‘Lol’ away but its not altering the false narrative you tried to spin on Wan-Bissaka.
2 assists in about 30 or whatever games is poor imo. And his pass acc is about 70% all round and less in the opposition half. Most of his dribbles are beating the press in his own half.

We don’t need Bisaka, we need someone like lichsteiner, someone who can hold down the fort while Dalot develops

If this were FM, I’d get Depay back, buy Dybala(to play as a messi style false 9 between Martial and Rashford)buy a right back after scouting and sell Lukaku(I know he’s dping well, but he is not my kind of striker, + I’d play Martial as striker when Dybala can’t play).I’d also buy a controlling CM like Kroos(not Kroos, he’s not leaving Madrid)

Last edited:
Confirmed @ManUtd will play in ICC pre-season tournament this summer. Will be after two games in Australia. No opponents or locations yet but obviously Far East and understand one Prem team.

Martial isn't a striker.

We need two good options in all options. Wan Bissaka would be a great right back to compete with Dalot.

Martial isn't a striker.

We need two good options in all options. Wan Bissaka would be a great right back to compete with Dalot.
Isnt that what Laird will be doing in a yr or 2. Surely a good experienced option would make more sense.

And yet conversly the Palace fans both games this year we’ve encountered were buzzing off him.

But yer know. Don’t let that get in the way of an up and down first full season with absolutely no context. It’ll help you to laugh at City if he ends up there.

[FONT=Guardian Text Egyptian Web, Georgia, serif]He is the only player in England to boast 40 or more tackles, completed take-ons (40) and interceptions (57), and only seven opponents have successfully wriggled beyond him. (9/2/19) in a position hes yet to play 40 games at.[/FONT]

[FONT=Guardian Text Egyptian Web, Georgia, serif]I like him, wouldn't mind him, but i've yet to see a player under Pep at 25% more, even more so for the younger lads. Zinchenko was bought and played as a no 10. arguably been MOTM in the last 5 games straight. [/FONT]

Tbh TOD has a point, why would you buy Wan-Bissaka with Laird coming through..... I forgot about him and it makes it impossible for Laird get in first team with both Dalot/Wan-Bissaka there.

I'd understand if it was a lesser prospect, but Laird is probably our brightest talent atm apart from maybe Greenwood.

I do like Wan-Bissaka though, but realistically it doesn't make sense thinking about Laird in the equation to get him.

All pretty close in age, if not experience. Laird will be 18 before next season kicks off.

Tbh TOD has a point, why would you buy Wan-Bissaka with Laird coming through..... I forgot about him and it makes it impossible for Laird get in first team with both Dalot/Wan-Bissaka there.

I'd understand if it was a lesser prospect, but Laird is probably our brightest talent atm apart from maybe Greenwood.

I do like Wan-Bissaka though, but realistically it doesn't make sense thinking about Laird in the equation to get him.
Exactly mate. Laird is the Greenwood of the defence he’s rated equally as highly. Just doesn’t make sense. Plus **** still raves about O’Connor at RB/CB. Then there’s Williams at LB. much prefer we go the experience root if we are getting a FB.

Wouldn't want Januzaj, hasn't really done something of note. I envisage his career more along the lines of a Drinkwater than a Pogba, mind. As for RB, wan Bissaka's name is being touted, and I wouldn't mind him too. He looks like a prospect.

I wouldn't. Although he is WC, we really shouldn't be breaking the wage structure again like this. As it is, looking at Sanchez, we are in a mess with DDG. And Griezmann would break Sanchez's wage structure (and from rumours, that is after him taking a wage cut). There is no doubt he is WC, but at some point, you have to weigh in the overall effect it would have.

There is certainly a point there. I think is worth it, we'd have the best player in the world not named CR7, Messi or Neymar. Grizemann would take the squad to the next level. If we could offload Sanchez, i'd def check his situation at Madrid.

Wan-Bissaka is great, but since we already have a wonderkid, i'd rather buy a 28-30 years old RB that can be a solid first choice and help in the development of Dalot. I admit that such a player isn't easy to find, tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghl4PsChX8

-----

Got to say this is a great video about United and how they are still miles behind City behind the scenes in terms of footballing structure. Woodward better get that Director Of Football coming in like we were promised. This Solskjaer smoke screen is all well and good but I hope it's not a reason to keep things as they are.

Laird is at least 2 years away. At least. We have a massive gap now, with just 3 full backs

This isn't football manager. Everyone is highly rated... Until they aren't. If he's good enough he'll get his chance.

As for new signings,i'd go with:

LB: Alex Telles is the best LB not playing for a top club in Europe right now. He's an insanely good crosser and produces a lot in the final third. His characteristics would complement well Shaw, whose game i think is more defensive. Porto is a selling club, so it would be a matter of how much, really.

CB: Skriniar would be the dream. I don't think i need to say anything about Varane. But both of them would probably set the record for the most expensive defensive player. So, Koulibaly or Umtiti would be our best options (Barcelona will probably sell Umtiti if they sign De Ligt).

RB: If not Wan-Bissaka, then who? I don't know. Would Trippier be viable? Meunier is not vital to PSG, but i don't hate him that highly.

CM: Rúben Neves/Ndombélé.

RW: We need a dribbler. Not one who can dribble if needed, but one whose primary instinct is to get past the defender. Jadon Sancho will win the Ballon D'or someday and needs to be a long term target. David Neres/Frederico Chiesa are two young agressive wingers. I'd say Douglas Costa, i think his skills would be great in PL, bu he's too injury prone.

Griezmann or Dybala are in a different level, and if a oportunity to sign them should come, we must buy any of them.

Last edited:
Martial isn't a striker.

We can experiment, can’t we plus Dybala wouldn’t miss that many games to begin with

As for new signings,i'd go with:

LB: Alex Telles is the best LB not playing for a top club in Europe right now. He's an insanely good crosser and produces a lot in the final third. His characteristics would complement well Shaw, whose game i think is more defensive. Porto is a selling club, so it would be a matter of how much, really.

CB: Skriniar would be the dream. I don't think i need to say anything about Varane. But both of them would probably set the record for the most expensive defensive player. So, Koulibaly or Umtiti would be our best options (Barcelona will probably sell Umtiti if they sign De Ligt).

RB: If not Wan-Bissaka, then who? I don't know. Would Trippier be viable? Meunier is not vital to PSG, but i don't hate him that highly.

CM: Rúben Neves/Ndombélé.

RW: We need a dribbler. Not one who can dribble if needed, but one whose primary instinct is to get past the defender. Jadon Sancho will win the Ballon D'or someday and needs to be a long term target. David Neres/Frederico Chiesa are two young agressive wingers. I'd say Douglas Costa, i think his skills would be great in PL, bu he's too injury prone.

Griezmann or Dybala are in a different level, and if a oportunity to sign them should come, we must buy any of them.
I like your suggestions tbh. Not Costa though to late for him and to injury prone. Not sold on Griezmann or Dybala there more suited playing behind a STR. Sancho, Chiesa would be good options plus Lozano. Meunir would be perfect imo to compliment Dalot and getable.

No no way Neves is going anywhere this summer.

In other news Matic has dropped out now and Rashford looks likely not to feature also. Get them players rested :) oh and Ryan Giggs son has joined on trial.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghl4PsChX8

-----

Got to say this is a great video about United and how they are still miles behind City behind the scenes in terms of footballing structure. Woodward better get that Director Of Football coming in like we were promised. This Solskjaer smoke screen is all well and good but I hope it's not a reason to keep things as they are.
Read this Zz interesting article for anyone that's interested.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-utd-alex-ferguson-greenwo

Back