The Manchester United Thread

He won’t play either game. Don’t worry about it and stop stressing lol. Let him enjoy a 2 week brake with his international buddies.

Plus then him and Lingard can tag team on Sancho ;)

Be interesting if both Hudson-Odoi and Sancho play for England, tbh got to say we've got some cracking talent now in international setup. A lot more coming through next few seasons as well, England looks in good shape if they progress well.

Be interesting if both Hudson-Odoi and Sancho play for England, tbh got to say we've got some cracking talent now in international setup. A lot more coming through next few seasons as well, England looks in good shape if they progress well.
Agree there mate! Some real talent and I actually look forward to watching them now. Took long enough but got there in the end structure wise with the national team.

And in other news **** Barca and there ticket prices. I’m glad we have returned the favour.

From Solsjkaer today.

“It is clear now I’m working as I will survive. I am thinking about plans for this club for the next five to ten years.”

Bit annoyed with Pogba tbh and his comments about Madrid once again, the timing of it considering just been made 'captain' once again. I don't know why he has to say stuff like this. In my opinion Pogba should be brushing that question off rather than answering it openly in a France press conference knowing full well it will go full circle in the media. He doesn't deserve the United captaincy, I thought that even before these comments tbf, but even moire now.

If Madrid came in the summer and offered £200m I'd be tempted to let him go, his head clearly isn't here anyway for the future. So we could get a few quality replacements for a player who has been largely frustrating rather than good for us.

Unpopular opinion sorry guys, but I just can't have a captain of a club saying that kind of ****. It's very unprofessional. Stirring the pot, terrible timing with how things are going as well.

Couldn’t care what he says tbh. As long as he’s performing that’s all I care about. Not surprised that nearly everyone reporting about it are conveniently missing out the part about how he’s happy at Utd. And happy to be working with the new coach and happy the steps the club are making.

Hey but that wouldn’t get as many clicks.

Couldn’t care what he says tbh. As long as he’s performing that’s all I care about. Not surprised that nearly everyone reporting about it are conveniently missing out the part about how he’s happy at Utd. And happy to be working with the new coach and happy the steps the club are making.

Hey but that wouldn’t get as many clicks.

Yeah but he should know as soon as he says 'Madrid is a dream' it will go out like that. He has been good for us mostly last few months. can't deny that but been pretty disappointed with him against Arsenal and Wolves looked more like the Mourinho Pogba.

I know he supposedly has this leadership presence but for me when he's on the pitch you don't see it enough. Like for example against Wolves, we're not playing well and rather than him looking to stay his authority on the team/game, he just lets the game drift him by.

If we keep Pogba great, but I just don't see why we give him the captaincy. He just doesn't perform well with it and puts extra scrutiny on him. The better candidates for captain next season for me are: Lindelof or Herrera. Preferably the latter.

Last edited:
What you reckon to the Bruno Fernandez links TOD? Is he a type of player you think we need?

What you reckon to the Bruno Fernandez links TOD? Is he a type of player you think we need?
My fiancé sisters boyfriend is Portuguese and a Benfica fan. But he really likes Fernandes and says he’s easily one of the best players in the league.

From what ive seen and been told he has a similar game to Pogba but I would say has a more rounded BTB game. So like Herrera but more attacking qualities. Scores some great free kicks and long distance shots. Could easily play next to Pogba or be back up. Would be a good signing imo.

**** I knew he had good numbers this season but not this good!

20gls
11 assists
6 MOTM awards with an average passing rating of mid 80s. Averages about 3 key passes per game. He’s played everywhere this season except defence and GK.

Defo would be a good stand in that role if Pogba was missing!

20gls
11 assists
6 MOTM awards with an average passing rating of mid 80s. Averages about 3 key passes per game. He’s played everywhere this season except defence and GK.

Them stats are pretty insane for a midfielder, wtf 20 goals?? ****, we don't have enough goals in this team from other areas, would take him off that alone.

20gls
11 assists

Those are insane numbers for a midfielder - Lampard-esque.

I don't wanna play the devil's advocate here, but i'd rather go for Ndombélé. Don't get me wrong, Bruno Fernandes is amazing, but he is too similar to Pogba. They play in the same areas of the field. Ndombélé, in another hand, is a perfect complement. He's a controller. He likes to drop veru deep to make the ball move forward. He's a more needed type of player, if we're looking to buy only one CM. Of course, it also depends on the philosophy of the new manager or Ole himself.

I don't wanna play the devil's advocate here, but i'd rather go for Ndombélé. Don't get me wrong, Bruno Fernandes is amazing, but he is too similar to Pogba. They play in the same areas of the field. Ndombélé, in another hand, is a perfect complement. He's a controller. He likes to drop veru deep to make the ball move forward. He's a more needed type of player, if we're looking to buy only one CM. Of course, it also depends on the philosophy of the new manager or Ole himself.

Pogba cant play every game though. So when you take him out you need somebody to step in that is seamless or as close as. Why do you think City are as good as they are. Sane/Sterling, B.Silva/Mahrez, D.Silva/De Bruyne. And any combination of them can play in the same system without disruption to the team. If we take out Pogba who do we play like for like? Same could be said for Herrera and Matic if we play a midfield 3 but out of the 3 Pogba is the hardest to replace. We have McTominay that can play both the Herrera and Matic role at a pinch and Fred that does whatever he's supposed to be in there to do (something is better than nothing I suppose).

Once you take Pogba out you have to change the full formation of the team. Somebody to come in as a straight swap for Pogba could be the biggest signing we make this summer.

Pogba cant play every game though. So when you take him out you need somebody to step in that is seamless or as close as. Why do you think City are as good as they are. Sane/Sterling, B.Silva/Mahrez, D.Silva/De Bruyne. And any combination of them can play in the same system without disruption to the team. If we take out Pogba who do we play like for like? Same could be said for Herrera and Matic if we play a midfield 3 but out of the 3 Pogba is the hardest to replace. We have McTominay that can play both the Herrera and Matic role at a pinch and Fred that does whatever he's supposed to be in there to do (something is better than nothing I suppose).

Once you take Pogba out you have to change the full formation of the team. Somebody to come in as a straight swap for Pogba could be the biggest signing we make this summer.

I agree with you that we need a Pogba's replacement, and ideally we'd buy them both. But between one of them, i'd rather a starter than a bench for Pogba.

I do believe in Fred tho, is hard to pick up PL pace when you come from Ukrania. Fernandinho didn't quite settle in his first season too.

Btw, Marca is claiming that Psg offered Herrera a 3 yrs contract, worth 150 k a week. He is close to agreeing. So, if this is not bs, is something to worry about.

I agree with you that we need a Pogba's replacement, and ideally we'd buy them both. But between one of them, i'd rather a starter than a bench for Pogba.

I do believe in Fred tho, is hard to pick up PL pace when you come from Ukrania. Fernandinho didn't quite settle in his first season too.

Btw, Marca is claiming that Psg offered Herrera a 3 yrs contract, worth 150 k a week. He is close to agreeing. So, if this is not bs, is something to worry about.

Herrera would be a big loss. Out of the 3 of Pogba, Matic and Herrera its my view that Herrera has been the most important piece keeping them all together. If we get Rabiot on a free then its not so bad but personally I don't want him anywhere near the club if his reported attitude is to be believed.

Herrera would be a big loss. Out of the 3 of Pogba, Matic and Herrera its my view that Herrera has been the most important piece keeping them all together. If we get Rabiot on a free then its not so bad but personally I don't want him anywhere near the club if his reported attitude is to be believed.

I don't want Rabiot either. No respect of his teammates and managers, both at club level and in his national team.

Gotta say, i expected more from him. He had potential to be the next great midfielder when he debuted, with 17 yrs old. Turned into an ok player.

I would take Fernandes over Ndombele we lose far to much when Pogba is out. Wouldn’t worry about Herrera leaving especially to PSG where he would be so far down the pecking order. Expect him to sign not sure on Mata though hope he does. People need to stop with the whole Rabiot bad guy thing. Bouhafsi did a good piece the other day. PSG are just as much if not more to blame for this whole situation.

Marca being Marca

At this point, would be worth saying that Marca haven’t credited a journalist with this story and they very much usually do. There quoting the Sun UK.

Even if they don’t name the journalist it’s ‘Marca Editors’, not this time.

Nothing in France anywhere about PSG interest in Herrera.

Last edited:
Back